Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Customizing currency tab

Does anyone know of a way/addon to customize the currency tab? The new currencies (Crystals and resources) for WOD haven been moved to the bottom of the tab. I can click on the arrows to make older one's smaller, but after I relog everything is expanded again. I'd like to have the new resources shown at the top and those that I don't use in the bottom or something like that.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    Does anyone know of a way/addon to customize the currency tab? The new currencies (Crystals and resources) for WOD haven been moved to the bottom of the tab. I can click on the arrows to make older one's smaller, but after I relog everything is expanded again. I'd like to have the new resources shown at the top and those that I don't use in the bottom or something like that.

Thanks for the help.
    I hope to god this gets answered...it's driving me crazy too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I hope to god this gets answered...it's driving me crazy too lol
    A likeminded soul! I thought I was the only one...

Me too - hate this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slight high jack to the thread - is there any add-on that let's me choose a single currency to display on titan bar, for example?

OT: you can select some currencies on their tab to be displayed alongside gold on your bag, but in my case, using bagnon, I can't seem to make it work.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2014-11-19 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect

A likeminded soul! I thought I was the only one...
    You are definitely not the only one. This has irked me a lot as well.

right clicking the currency to show it on the bagpack was a good tip and works for now.

I tried marking other currency's as "unused" but the unused section still displays above the new WoD currency's...

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Slight high jack to the thread - is there any add-on that let's me choose a single currency to display on titan bar, for example?

OT: you can select some currencies on their tab to be displayed alongside gold on your bag, but in my case, using bagnon, I can't seem to make it work.
    Broker_Currency is my favorite. It actually allows multiple currencies to be displayed, as well as tracked in the tooltip. The tooltip will show values across characters, and even has an option for a gained/lost/difference.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/broker-currency
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-11-26 at 11:33 PM.

I hate it too. it's bad enough that the newest and most relevant currencies are shoved to the bottom of the list, but even worse because the unused section will always expand itself despite my always setting it to minimise

Thanks for the help.
    This isn't as easy as I hoped. I managed to get WoD items to the top, and I know where I messed up the logic in moving Dungeon and Raid items to the bottom (commented incorrect stuff out for now though)... but allowing things like collapsing the headers and tracking on the backpack still need work. :-\

Progressing though, unless someone beats me to it (which is entirely possible).

Edit: Okay. I seem to have got everything working. Packaging it up now.
    Edit2: Scratch that. Found one more bug. :P
    Edit3: Okay. Packaged, uploaded, and pending approval. This won't allow user customizable order, but it will put WoD items first so they are more prominent and Dungeon and Raid items last. Everything else will be left where it is (alphabetically sorted).

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rrencyTab.html
    (Sorry all you Curse fans. :P)
    Last edited by Kirsia; 2014-11-25 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Update

I'll be sure to check it out and let you know if there's any problems
    I should complain more on these forums... gets results

works fine, no issues

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    works fine, no issues
    Lies! There was one. :P

Brand new currencies weren't added to the list right away. Obviously this wouldn't be a very common error as you don't too often get currencies for the first time, but it was still an issue. It has been corrected with the 1.1 update.

ah, I've yet to encounter a new currency since installing the addon so hadn't noticed that. any chance it could also stop the unused currency section from automatically expanding itself on every login by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    any chance it could also stop the unused currency section from automatically expanding itself on every login by the way?
    I'm not sure I'll add it to the addon. That said, if you want to add it to your own copy, here's the code for it. Just add it to the bottom of the file.

Code:
    local UnusedHidingFrame = CreateFrame("Frame")
    UnusedHidingFrame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    UnusedHidingFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
    	for i=1,GetCurrencyListSize() do
    		local name, _, isExpanded = GetCurrencyListInfo(i)
    		if name == "Unused" and isExpanded then
    			ExpandCurrencyList(i, 0)
    			break
    		end
    	end
    end)
    Last edited by Kirsia; 2014-12-08 at 09:41 PM. Reason: formatting / update code (previous only worked following reload)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsia View Post
    This isn't as easy as I hoped. I managed to get WoD items to the top, and I know where I messed up the logic in moving Dungeon and Raid items to the bottom (commented incorrect stuff out for now though)... but allowing things like collapsing the headers and tracking on the backpack still need work. :-\

Progressing though, unless someone beats me to it (which is entirely possible).

Edit: Okay. I seem to have got everything working. Packaging it up now.
    Edit2: Scratch that. Found one more bug. :P
    Edit3: Okay. Packaged, uploaded, and pending approval. This won't allow user customizable order, but it will put WoD items first so they are more prominent and Dungeon and Raid items last. Everything else will be left where it is (alphabetically sorted).

(Sorry all you Curse fans. :P)
    I could kiss you right now <3 It was driving me insane and was even thinking: "Why can't the Unused Tab stay minimized?!", but this works too!
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Just updated the code in post #15. Previous version only worked following a reload of the UI (client still has some information on reloads that it doesn't have when first logging in, and apparently currency data is part of that).

I just posted a new version (2.0) of my addon. It now supports fully user-customized order of currency categories. Use the new up and down arrows on each category header to sort the list to your liking. Additionally, since I had to start saving data anyway to keep the order right between sessions, I went ahead and implemented a memory for which categories are collapsed, so that too will remain between sessions.

Thank you so much for this addon Kirsia!

Check out "Currencysorter" on curse, works like a charm