Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The epidemic of idiots posting stacks of 1 herb

Could you people just stop that?

I want to buy your herbs.

I don't want to have to click 500 times or spin my mouse wheel for 5 minutes, then go through 12 reloads of my mailbox, just to buy a few k of herbs.

Because you fucktards seem to think posting 162 stacks of 1 orchid is cooler than posting 1 stack of 162 orchid, I now have 10 minutes AFK to fume and rant on MMOC while TSM cleans out my mailbox.

This "tactic" no longer has any advantage and it inconveniences everyone.

Just fucking stop it.

Post herbs (and ore) 5s, 10s, 100s, 200s, whatever, it's the beginning of an expansion, PEOPLE WILL BUY IT HOWEVER YOU POST IT.

And speaking of ore thank fucking God for Level 2 mines at L92 for my alt army and thank fucking God I don't have to buy ore.

The AH should not allow people to have more than 9 1-quantity "stacks" of any particular stackable item listed at once.

Deleted
    But you keep buying right?

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I got no choice. No one has any choice.

But how is it better for someone who sells to have to reload his mailbox 5 times just because I bought a tiny amount of herbs from him? Fucking stupid.

i agree they should have a player limit on how many single item auctions you can post of one item
    i wanted to see what a full stack of ore was going for and had to flip through about 15 pages to find it... what can ya do tho
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The people who post multiple stacks of 1 are morons. I don't believe it really benefits them at all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Posting things up in stacks of five, ten, or twenty should be the norm when it comes to crafting reagents like this. Now, rarer crafting things should be more like 1, 2, & 5 in my opinion.

At the least Blizzard should remove the option to post multiple stacks of 1 from the default UI.

And/or for basic trade goods Blizzard could have the AH automatically consolidate any items posted in stacks of 1 at the same price into a single stack. If you want to post 2s and 3s and 5s fine.

Deleted

Is the answer!

Selling in 1's, generally nets more profit per stack as well. But as long as people buy them, people will keep selling like that

While I'm not as upset by it, I don't mind paying more per unit for a nice stack rather than trying to gobble up 100 single herbs. You really only see this much of it during early xpac.

It is often an addon malfunction/typo. I have done that myself on occasion. Since noone buys the items it looks like there is a lot but all it takes is one or 2 people.

Deleted
    I've been selling stacks of 20s at like 5% less than the 20 would cost in singles after spending hours farming in Ashran, they just get bought instantly by bots regardless of how many I put up. I think I must've sold about 800 herbs by now and none of it lasted more than seconds.

And why 5's.
    Why is that number magically better than 1, or 4, or 6.
    Why are those arbitrary numbers "better".
    And why 9 stacks, why not 8 or 10.
    You are ranting on about a meaningless number, and offering equally meaningless numbers as better solutions.

The point is they do sell.
    If they didn't sell, then people would soon stop listing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Could you people just stop that?

I want to buy your herbs.

I don't want to have to click 500 times or spin my mouse wheel for 5 minutes, then go through 12 reloads of my mailbox, just to buy a few k of herbs.

Because you fucktards seem to think posting 162 stacks of 1 orchid is cooler than posting 1 stack of 162 orchid, I now have 10 minutes AFK to fume and rant on MMOC while TSM cleans out my mailbox.

This "tactic" no longer has any advantage and it inconveniences everyone.

Just fucking stop it.

Post herbs (and ore) 5s, 10s, 100s, 200s, whatever, it's the beginning of an expansion, PEOPLE WILL BUY IT HOWEVER YOU POST IT.

And speaking of ore thank fucking God for Level 2 mines at L92 for my alt army and thank fucking God I don't have to buy ore.

The AH should not allow people to have more than 9 1-quantity "stacks" of any particular stackable item listed at once.
    I agree fully. THere's no point in posting stacks of 1 at all. None.

Deleted
    Yes, those are annoying. I wish it was bannable offense. On multiple occasions I've seen people post 4-10k of single stacks of ore, herb, cloth or dust.

I had a chat with GM about that long time ago, he told me that its perfectly fine thing to do and he sees nothing wrong with that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    I got no choice. No one has any choice.

But how is it better for someone who sells to have to reload his mailbox 5 times just because I bought a tiny amount of herbs from him? Fucking stupid.
    Or he's doing it a couple times from the herb garden in his garrison. There's nothing wrong with people selling whatever they have so they can take advantage of inflated prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yeah they need to cap the number of stacks of one you can post, or let us search by stack size. Yesterday there were 37 pages of one blackrock ore by the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Is the answer!

Selling in 1's, generally nets more profit per stack as well. But as long as people buy them, people will keep selling like that
    I buy the cheapest whatever. I don't buy something that's more expensive just because it comes in a more convenient quantity.

Selling in 1s is just dumb and annoying.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the price is significantly discounted. I will then buy it all and flip it in stacks of 200 at double the price. And you know what, I regularly sell stuff at more than the double the price per item that it is selling for in singles even when the AH is still flooded with cheap singles.

And I am not talking small change here. The other day I sold a stack of (200) heavy leather for 1500g when there were five pages of singles selling for 3g. In words someone was prepared to 900 gold more to buy my stock simply because I wasn't a retard listing it in singles. Honestly even when I CBA to buy all the crap, my bigger, more-expensive-per-item stacks still sell for more, while the idiots selling them in singles get to watch them expire, lose their deposits and have to clear out the mess in their mailboxes.

Seriously, there is no advantage to selling tons of stock in singles. It annoys people. It wastes your time. It wastes your customers time, and it makes you less profit.

PS: I also noticed this happens a lot more since the AH merger with alliance. It's like (on my server at any rate) the number of idiots alliance side is just a whole lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Or he's doing it a couple times from the herb garden in his garrison. There's nothing wrong with people selling whatever they have so they can take advantage of inflated prices.
    No I am seeing the same jerks, quite a few of them (generally the lowest priced sellers) posting several hundred herbs in stacks of 1 every day.

Like I said thank Fucking God I don't need ore.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And why 5's.
    Why is that number magically better than 1, or 4, or 6.
    Why are those arbitrary numbers "better".
    And why 9 stacks, why not 8 or 10.
    You are ranting on about a meaningless number, and offering equally meaningless numbers as better solutions.

The point is they do sell.
    If they didn't sell, then people would soon stop listing them.
    5s makes more sense because when it comes to ore/herbs all the recipes are multiples of 5.

Pretty common sense really. People for the most part don't want to buy 2 stacks of 4 and then have 3 ore/herbs left over, and they don't want to buy 6 and have 1 left over, buying 5 is the most logical.

As for selling in stacks of 1, I agree it's kind of dumb, but since most people use an addon that can sort by price, I usually just sell stacks of 5 at 1 copper less than it would cost to buy 5 stacks of 1, it shows up at the top of their addon, and they buy from me because it saves them 1 whole copper and they also don't need to buy 5 different stacks and deal with the getting the mail and all that.