Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    No one is "dumping" prices of herbs (as if such a thing were possible with a current-content herb which has enormous supply) by listing 120 stacks of 1 herb.

If it was just a handful of listings of 1 herb at a low price, that would be how you would do it, except it won't work because they are bought instantly because the market is so liquid.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly right.
    It's because many people simply look at values such as: xxx listed starting at xx g. And promptly undercut that price without bothering to take a closer look.
    Also, not every AH works the same, there are different people playing the market on different realms.

In any case, there is no other point to it other than to artificially push inflation at a certain point of the day - TO BUY STOCK CHEAPLY. And then to sell at other times of the day at profit - whether it's the base mat or a product.

Just a handful of listings wouldn't do it, because as you rightly put it they would instantly be bought out and hence be irrelevant. Multiple pages of 1x per is how you actually do it.

Deleted
    I've found that by posting in stacks of 5 and 10 instead of 1, I can actually hike the price a bit because people will pay me for the convenience of only having to buy one stack and only retrieving one mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Is the answer!

Selling in 1's, generally nets more profit per stack as well. But as long as people buy them, people will keep selling like that
    That's a lie, I always post at 5 per, and sell them all, because people like this dont want to click 100 times. I often pay more for this convenience
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Or maybe it's the same person using 2 alts.

Alt #1 pisses off everyone by placing 500X1 auctions up.
    Alt #2 sells larger stacks

Both alts make their sales.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renosance View Post
    I remember long ago hearing that farmers do this because it screws up peoples auction addons! So it makes competing in the market harder :0! Dunno if that is true though!
    It's the opposite. It screws up people without auction addons. When the first 30 pages of an item are 1stacks, the average person without an addon won't have the patience to go to page 31 to find that 200 stack. If you've got an addon, you just look and say "oh, I'll ignore those 1200 single stacks and just buy this 200 stack".

Multiple stacks from the same sellers at the same price should just be consolidated to 1 listing, with a number indicating how many listings remain. Having to use an addon to do basic game stuff is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeeney37 View Post
    While I'm not as upset by it, I don't mind paying more per unit for a nice stack rather than trying to gobble up 100 single herbs. You really only see this much of it during early xpac.
    Prices drop when selling in stacks, they don't rise.

Honestly they're probably posting them via an addon. The trick is to use an AH addon to buy them, too.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

I don't understand why people are buying them in the first place. Between the Garrison mine and herb garden, and the sheer amount of furs that drop off random mobs around Draenor, I have an overabundance of the shit. Far more than I use, that's for certain.

But if you're too lazy to build and improve your mine and herb garden, you deserve to be annoyed and ripped off.

I sell in stacks of 1's because I know sometimes when I want items I don't need 5 or 20 I just need 3. Much like that apexis crystal quest 4986 crystals not one more and not one less. I sell stacks of 1 of fur, herbs, ore and pretty much anything.

You're welcome by the way.

But I like to see that I have over 800 actions up

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I don't understand why people are buying them in the first place. Between the Garrison mine and herb garden, and the sheer amount of furs that drop off random mobs around Draenor, I have an overabundance of the shit. Far more than I use, that's for certain.

But if you're too lazy to build and improve your mine and herb garden, you deserve to be annoyed and ripped off.
    Building a darkmoon deck by the next DMF means milling thousands of herbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Building a darkmoon deck by the next DMF means milling thousands of herbs...
    Yeah, I managed to pick every herb I needed for all the cards I made at the first of MoP but that meant filling up a herb bag every night at 2-4AM for, what was it, 2 or 3 weeks?

Not doing that this time around (I've got a ton more gold these days among other reasons).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And why 5's.
    Why is that number magically better than 1, or 4, or 6.
    Why are those arbitrary numbers "better".
    And why 9 stacks, why not 8 or 10.
    You are ranting on about a meaningless number, and offering equally meaningless numbers as better solutions.

The point is they do sell.
    If they didn't sell, then people would soon stop listing them.

Its better to go with a higher number because as a business man you dont want to waste your clients time, you want to make your product as easily accesible as possible and having to click 200 times a stack instead of 10 is a huge diference. Most of the time i ignore the 1 by 1 posters entirely. I use their stupidity as additional buffer of work and effort someone would have to go through to scoop the cheapets materials and so the next undercutter with half a stack of however much he has- will post below the 1 by 1 shmuck. In that way i get cheaper materials and the sellers have tougher way of raising the prices.

In other words, posting 1 by 1 you fuck yourself in multiple ways keep at it. ill buy at the smarter people who will post cheaply aswell to compete with you.
    And no, the number isnt meaningless. You can post smaller stacks if you dont expect people to be able to buy a little bit over and then resellign the rest, generally you wont buy pandemonite by stacks of 200 because price per unit is very high right now. But you got those shmucks posting 15 silver worth of netherweave cloth in a 50 page spam...

People have auctioneering addons you wont get more sales by making the client have to put in more effort to get your stuff and you wont obscure other peoples auctions anyway so be reasonable for the love of god...

- - - Updated - - -

and whats stopping anyone from buying 20, using 19 and then reselling at pretty much thesame price?

Deleted
    Nice necro fam

I have 2600+ herbs I'll post them in stacks of 2 just for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no point to necroing a thread this old