Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Molten Core updated

I didn't take the chance to run Molten Core in beta - I don't recall if it was even open. Our guild is going to run it this weekend.

So did any of you run it? How is it tuned? Some of us are heroic dungeon geared, but we have a large group of slower levellers who are in the upper 90s and likely to be freshly dinged. Will it be too punishing if nearly half our group is somewhere just over a 600 item level?

Further question - I hear about the drops from Rag, but do any of the other bosses drop anything?

Pretty sure it requires you to be 100 and it's only accessible through LFR. Not sure what the min ilvl is but i'd guess at something higher than heroic 5mans, so 610/615/210 maybe?

It's open through to Jan 5th 2015 however so that the slower levellers get a chance to experience it too.

It's LFR only. It's going to be utterly faceroll. And if for some reason it isn't then stacks of Determination will quickly render it utterly faceroll.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    so far as im aware, its LFR only, nothing drops from any boss except rag, who drops a helm and a pet.

Deleted
    Nothing changed yet, only for anniversary it will. I was in MC 3 hours ago and still the same.
    Loot hasn't changed for me as well ������ still no eye and still not the left part for thunderfurry ������������

Yeah, the guaranteed 640 helm is going to be good, I've had terrible helm drop luck.

Can anyone tell me how long this event is going to be active? As in when will the lava hound (why can't I remember its actual name???) mount no longer be obtainable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long this event is going to be active? As in when will the lava hound (why can't I remember its actual name???) mount no longer be obtainable?

you should better read the thread posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    It's open through to Jan 5th 2015 however so that the slower levellers get a chance to experience it too.

Got into the queue noone else could though.

-snip- So that wasn't right
    Last edited by silentender; 2014-11-20 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    so far as im aware, its LFR only, nothing drops from any boss except rag, who drops a helm and a pet.
    And a mount and an enchant illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    And a mount and an enchant illusion.
    An enchant illusion? something that you can't access from the enchanting building? do you know which one specifically?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    An enchant illusion? something that you can't access from the enchanting building? do you know which one specifically?
    Its the Flames of Ragnaros
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Flames of Ragnaros, you cannot get it from Enchanting building and it does not require you to have one. It's an item that isn't consumed on use, so that's really cool, just hope the drop rate isn't too low to the point where I might not end up having it due to bad luck. http://www.wowhead.com/item=118572

Wait seriously, he drops a helm with the exact same item level as the one I've spent the past few days trying to make with engineering...

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Wait seriously, he drops a helm with the exact same item level as the one I've spent the past few days trying to make with engineering...
    You can upgrade the engi helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    so no one can say what the minimum ilvl is if there is one?

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    so no one can say what the minimum ilvl is if there is one?
    Its suppose to be an event that everyone can do and considering the best ilvl from normal dungeons is 615 I would wager a guess at 600-610 ilvl. That is pure speculation though.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can upgrade the engi helm.
    Only, by the time you get the 150 gearspring + 15 blood, Highmaul will be open, and better gear will be obtainable more easily

Blizz trolled us engis hard in that one ^^