Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Old news. It was already quickly pulled from Amazon who alerted Walmart who then changed the policy to not allow third party sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Walmart is not compelled to price match based on information you give. The people making the store-fronts are probably guilty of false advertising at worst, but its the responsibility of Walmart to decide what they sell their products for and based on what criteria.

Even if something were to happen to those people advertising systems for $60, it wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with Walmart.

You're wrong. I could show walmart a doctored picture of a Wii U for $4 and I wouldn't be guilty of anything. If Walmart decides to sell me the unit at $4, then that is their choice and their responsibility. Once they have sold it to me for an agreed price, the transaction is complete.

If any company involved were to then turn around and brick or otherwise screw with those systems, they would absolutely be guilty of crimes.

Is it good faith? Hell no.
    Is it scamming? Absolutely.
    Is it illegal? No.

Well I wasn't speaking to the legality of it, I was just describing why I thought it was messed up, and as I said they could red line each unit for DOA once they are hooked up, but since you brought up the legal aspects, lets go there.

I am not legal expert, but I understand the burdens that would need to be met for a case. The fact is however due to greasing of palms and other kinds of circumstances and considerations, I am not saying IF Walmart was ruled for that even then it would be completely legal, but do I think this is fraud as you stated? YEP

Illegal, we don't know because the burdens of proving that are pretty damn specific, especially if its circumstantial, but the burden would be, DID those who engaged in price matching for the PS4s DO so in bad faith knowing that they were defrauding Walmart, if THAT can be established, then all the other arguments are moot.

Even the ones about how it was a clever use of wording and policy, because yes EVEN a corporation or business if it is proved they dealt in bad faith on a business deal, all the fine print and legal maneuvering in the world can't protect them, that by the very definition is FRAUD!

Doesn't matter if technically other corporations have done it a little this way or a little that way and got by, but if the people doing this price matching scam did business with the intention of concealing their business for the purposes of fraud, in addition to the points I already made, they will probably wind up eating restitution back to the insurance company that WILL go after them.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, if you treat your entry level employees like something more than garbage, they might actually give a damn about helping the company. The chances that the people making the sale knew that a 60 dollar Wii-U was off are extremely high; they just chose to follow the letter rather than the spirit of the law because 8 dollars an hour doesn't exactly establish any sort of loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    See, if you treat your entry level employees like something more than garbage, they might actually give a damn about helping the company. The chances that the people making the sale knew that a 60 dollar Wii-U was off are extremely high; they just chose to follow the letter rather than the spirit of the law because 8 dollars an hour doesn't exactly establish any sort of loyalty.
    I watched Akame ga Kill so I finally know what your avatar is from!

PS 4 for 90$.. oh i missed it..lol..
    Anyone for PvP ? I'm waiting Elsword India Throw me a challenge..

Funny how things like this still work in the USA in 2014....

doubt they do anything about it even if they have videos of the scam

It's dishonest and shady but the company is rather happy to engage in similar practices to ensure that they pay as little as possible at the expense of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish i could get one for that price , only want a ps4 to play infamous second son

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Walmart more or less fucked up though.

Shitty behavior on the part of the scammers ... maybe...

But it was their policy combined with poorly trained employees (you know, rather than maybe training them a little harder in exchange for say... a livable wage) that ultimately culminated in a loss of money.

That irony is what makes it hilarious.
    See, to me, that's no different than, "Well if they didn't want me to steal their TV, they should have locked their house better." Just because the other person didn't secure their shit better doesn't make you any less a douchebag for making the world a place where people have to worry excessively about security.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    See, to me, that's no different than, "Well if they didn't want me to steal their TV, they should have locked their house better." Just because the other person didn't secure their shit better doesn't make you any less a douchebag for making the world a place where people have to worry excessively about security.
    I'm not saying that I think it's right or that they should get away with it. I just don't find that wrongness precludes hilarity.

Kind of like that thief in mexico who stole a car that was carrying a vessel of radioactive cobalt isotopes to a hospital and the car was recovered and the vessel was found to be open (and that as a result the thief only had about 24 hours left to live). Punishment doesn't fit the crime...but irony is funny.

Plus historically walmart et al. have scammed billions of dollars in tax payers money via free infrastructure upgrades, tax breaks, etc, using bogus supply side economics arguments. "Werrr merking jerbs". And I'm sorry, but it feels good to watch a douchebag get kicked in the balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that I think it's right or that they should get away with it. I just don't find that wrongness precludes hilarity.

Kind of like that thief in mexico who stole a car that was carrying a vessel of radioactive cobalt isotopes to a hospital and the car was recovered and the vessel was found to be open (and that as a result the thief only had about 24 hours left to live). Punishment doesn't fit the crime...but irony is funny.

Plus historically walmart et al. have scammed billions of dollars in tax payers money via free infrastructure upgrades, tax breaks, etc, using bogus supply side economics arguments. "Werrr merking jerbs". And I'm sorry, but it feels good to watch a douchebag get kicked in the balls.
    Yeah, it can definitely still be amusing. I just don't like the "well it's justified because Wal-Mart."

I remember in college I had 2 roommates my freshman year assigned to me in the dorm. One day someone threw a penny in the room and it slightly chipped the nice flatscreen CRT one of my roommates had. So they went down to the local Fry's Electronics, bought the same monitor, took it home, unwrapped it, put the old monitor back in the box, and took it back to Fry's to return it. They got a free new monitor for 0 dollars. They felt totally justified because Fry's is run by assholes. I still thought it was shitty behavior.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Preface: I don't steal nor do I have any desire to, I have my own reasons. The following is hypothetical.

My objection to stealing would come from the fact that somebody would be victimized by it. For the case of Wal-Mart, my method of stealing would be clever enough not to result in people being fired for it. The result would be a tax write-off. This would not be inconsistent.
    While I disagree with your Robin-Hood ethics, at leas your consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Walmart more or less fucked up though.

Shitty behavior on the part of the scammers ... maybe...

But it was their policy combined with poorly trained employees (you know, rather than maybe training them a little harder in exchange for say... a livable wage) that ultimately culminated in a loss of money.

That irony is what makes it hilarious.
    Sounds like textbook victim blaming if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    While I disagree with your Robin-Hood ethics, at leas your consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like textbook victim blaming if you ask me.

I am fine with the Robin Hood Ethic, but unfortunately I am forced to agree with you, hard to believe, there would ever be a time that concept actually works concerning Walmart being a victim for a change

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    They treat their employees like shite, hard to feel sorry for them.
    The list of "organizations" that treat people like shit is long. It starts with the Federal Government and goes down, through every level of Government, and most business owners...big and small, to the lowly internet troll.

By the logic you (and many others have presented) it would be justified to steal con and steal from all of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The general response to individuals getting scammed also tends to be "Sucks for them but they should have been smarter," but when a business gets scammed? Oh shit son it's theft!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The general response to individuals getting scammed also tends to be "Sucks for them but they should have been smarter," but when a business gets scammed? Oh shit son it's theft!
    Do you travel outside the south?