Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with Kelimbror here. Nothing wrong with D3 or PoE for that matter. D3 is good fun and improved the base game vastly with RoS. If you just want a fun, mob smashing , loot acquiring game, D3, Torchlight 2 and Marvel Heroes seem like excellent choices.

Path of Exile seems really more for people with desire for complex and deep meta game along with their game. Any of the other ones i listed are much easier to just pick up and play. Personally i can't get into PoE as much as the others. Its needlessly complex (for me) for what i desire out of these sorts of games.

One thing that Diablo 3 leaves alot to be desired is the field of content updates. Sure we can argue if D3 even set out to do content updates but imo they could do better, considering they have a B2P game with a B2P Expansion, when Marvel Heroes or Path of Exile are completely free and push out content updates faster with a smaller team (this is an assumption on my part, those its well know that at least PoE has or had quite a small team).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I always found most of the PoE "season mechanics" to be rather lackluster.

Seemed like most of them boiled down to, "More monsters appear sometimes!"
    Hrm...that would be disappointing, but still cool I guess? D3 has events like that. I like double goblin time periods. I did a quick google of PoE seasons and I can already tell I do not want that for D3. Eventually I wound up on a calendar of seasonal events that I couldn't even comprehend. No thanks. I don't need to have to set outlook reminders and get a life coach to help me participate in seasonal content for an ARPG, which is one of the least intricate genres as far as design goes.

There are still probably cool ideas to be gleaned from all other ARPGs, much how WoW assimilates MMOs. I just don't see how this would be one of them at a cursory glance. In any case, I don't want this to be misconstrued as comparing games for ill purposes. I like that even in this genre we can have such a wide range of diversity.
    BAD WOLF

don't believe the new season starts with the patch and as for the patch I think I read somewhere late Jan. Don't quote.
    Alright then: when does the new season start? That's what will bring me back. Transmog, new dungeon... new conquest system.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Alright then: when does the new season start? That's what will bring me back. Transmog, new dungeon... new conquest system.
    This is Diablo not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TotemJoker View Post
    This is Diablo not WoW.
    Conquests are the new form of seasonal achieves; new transmog for hitting 70, and new barbarian burial ground tileset for act 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it's coming!

- - - Updated - - -

February 3rd? And just when the first season ends? That's too far away! I was hoping for the new season to be like; two weeks from now!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    February 3rd? And just when the first season ends? That's too far away! I was hoping for the new season to be like; two weeks from now!
    Yeah I'm disappointed too since I'm waiting until S2 to start playing again, but I have lots of other games to play so I guess it's ok.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well little more then a month till the end of season (and likely patch shortly after) isn't too bad, BUT that's also about the same time Blackrock Foundry most likely gets released in WoW, so I'd have to hope the 2 don't release too close together. I'm not playing D3 if I'm neck deep in stuff I can do in or around BRF release in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well little more then a month till the end of season (and likely patch shortly after) isn't too bad, BUT that's also about the same time Blackrock Foundry most likely gets released in WoW, so I'd have to hope the 2 don't release too close together. I'm not playing D3 if I'm neck deep in stuff I can do in or around BRF release in WoW.
    I'll still be grinding for Abrogator Stones by then anyways, so yeah; having a new season launch right after a new raid launches doesn't make sense. Blizzard's D3 strategy so far as been to bounce players back and forth between the two games to cover for patch downtimes. Having S2 launch during the Highmaul-BRF gap in Jan would've made sense, but right after? *shivers*

3rd of february to end season 1 is too far imho. I didn't really played extensively (just passed 500 paragon on main, will maybe get to 300 on season for the sake of round numbers) but i enjoyed it.

I agree there should be more new small events, like uberbosses or such, that add to the already present content. More choices are always good.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Rejoice people still playing D3!!

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48299...sonal-items-d3

Patch 2.1.2 should be avaialble right next week - if they keep on schedule 3rd of February should be the start of Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Patch 2.1.2 should be avaialble right next week - if they keep on schedule 3rd of February should be the start of Season 2.
    I'm not playing anymore right now, the new patch will certainly get me playing again though. Espescially since demon hunter won't be retard mode anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

I mean im all down for the season starting then, but they said the next Season won't start the same day the last season ended. They are gonna give a little break between.

"There will be a short period of time between when a Season ends and the next begins. During this time, you’ll be able to sort through your rollover rewards and review your progress on the Leaderboards"

But anyway im down for this season to start asap. Got to 770 on season and stopped after like a month too much playing lol, but these new revisions to DH and Monk set should be interesting... probably won't play my barb much it feels like shit on PTR doing 43+ just blows now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I mean im all down for the season starting then, but they said the next Season won't start the same day the last season ended. They are gonna give a little break between.

"There will be a short period of time between when a Season ends and the next begins. During this time, you’ll be able to sort through your rollover rewards and review your progress on the Leaderboards"

But anyway im down for this season to start asap. Got to 770 on season and stopped after like a month too much playing lol, but these new revisions to DH and Monk set should be interesting... probably won't play my barb much it feels like shit on PTR doing 43+ just blows now lol.
    Really? Seems to me like barbs got buffed. Sure, the Dreadnought rune was nice, but doesn't the massive buff to Furious Charge's damage more than make up for that?
    "The Legacy of Raekor
    (2) Set Bonus
    The first enemy hit by Furious Charge takes 100% additional damage
    (4) Set Bonus
    Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune
    (5) Set Bonus
    Enemies hit by Furious Charge take 3000% weapon damage over 3 seconds
    Note: This DoT cannot crit, your Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage will be calculated into its damage"

Barbs lost 500 str, 500 vit, and FC no longer pulls enemies with them. Barbs gained an extra charge of FC, 100% more FC damage on the first target, 3000% dot on FC. Maybe I'm underestimating how good the old Dreadnought rune is, but that seems like an absurd damage buff to me.

The first target thing is... minimal at best. It barely helps barbs single target. The dot is really only good for rift gaurdians and its not like we can face tank most of them at that level anyway. After 43 its pretty hard to just face tank them without near perf stats on everything. Granted Ancient will help I guess.

You still just don't do the dmg you use to anymore while clearing to spawn the guardian its pretty sad. The playstyle is just bad now is all. I just wanted better single target not make the way the spec(only reason I liked it) ruined is all. I played every class during the season so w/e Ill just play what feels better after the changes once the patch hits ill mess around and see, but based on how it is atm I feel DH is gonna be the most fun playstyle or maybe monk.

The point was that in party you had the barb just charging stuff around and bringing with him all mobs with the others literally running behind him to keep the pace - that's the reason the set has been reworked.

It's the same as DH, no more "put down turret and go healess chicken style". The idea is that you should do the damage, not hit monsters one time and let the passive dots/pets/other stuff do the job for you.