Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuhan View Post
    What about those giant ogre-skelettons seen in FFR? i guess they just werent mentioned in outland...
    You mean earth giants? Gul'dan dragged some skeletons to Azeroth for Temples of the Damned. These were also used by Scourge and the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-21 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about those giant ogre-skelettons seen in FFR? i guess they just werent mentioned in outland...
    they likely didnt survive getting crushed up with gorgrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspias View Post
    they likely didnt survive getting crushed up with gorgrond.
    Well I mean, they didn't even survive that long. We don't see anything of them apart from skeletons.
    And there were always extinct giants larger than Gronn in the lore that we just never got to see until now, these aren't a new addition.
    Grom was named for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    its natural, the bigger the creature, the lower the population. thats why we have fewer blue whales than ants. something that massive on a small contenent like what we see of draenor could easily be hunted to extinction.

Rexxar doesn't have the same companions as he does in the MU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Rexxar doesn't have the same companions as he does in the MU.
    He does. Haratha is the same wolf companion Rexxar had in the MU on Draenor.

Misha is a brown bear, which are native to Azeroth. Rexxar wouldn't have this companion before going through the DP. And Leokk, his TBC mount, is a wyvern, which are also native to Azeroth and wouldn't be on WoD Draenor.

The rest of the "new" animals are just additions filling in lore where there was none before.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-22 at 04:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the note of the Dragonmaw; they wouldn't exist here, as Deathwing didn't come to AU Draenor to be known as the Black Scourge thus leading to Zuluhed getting orcs to swear fealty to Blackhand and forming the Dragonmaw. AU Azeroth never finished their portal to connect to AU Draenor, so nobody from AU Azeroth made it through, not even Deathwing.
    Last edited by k0nker; 2014-11-22 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    On the note of the Dragonmaw; they wouldn't exist here, as Deathwing didn't come to AU Draenor to be known as the Black Scourge thus leading to Zuluhed getting orcs to swear fealty to Blackhand and forming the Dragonmaw. AU Azeroth never finished their portal to connect to AU Draenor, so nobody from AU Azeroth made it through, not even Deathwing.
    The Dragonmaw clan predates the first opening of the Dark Portal in Rise of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kairoz didn't open a picture-perfect copy of old Draenor. This isn't a 100% accurate representation of old Draenor.

Problem solved.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

pretty sure those are grom skeletons which are canon and are the ancestors to the gronn and therefore also the ancestors of ogres and orcs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It really up to when David Kosak goes to a toilet to shit WoD lore, if he has Diarrhea or Constipation
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    The turning of the orcs skin to green happened before they drank the blood. It was a side effect of the fel corruption by the shaman converting to warlocks.

Deleted
    Rulkan was dead before the burning legion found draenor and tasked gul'dan with the blood. She is however alive way before the interventions of Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Kairoz didn't open a picture-perfect copy of old Draenor. This isn't a 100% accurate representation of old Draenor.

Problem solved.
    Everyone gets that. That doesn't mean it isn't pretty stupid and just an excuse for Kosak to do whatever he likes with the lore. For me, one of the most (if not the most) interesting things is figuring out how the divergence point results in the various changes. If there are also some changes which are just different for the hell of it it takes away much of that interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Everyone gets that. That doesn't mean it isn't pretty stupid and just an excuse for Kosak to do whatever he likes with the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    It really up to when David Kosak goes to a toilet to shit WoD lore, if he has Diarrhea or Constipation
    Like it or not, (I don't myself, I purely hate it)
    Kosak so far show absolute control over whatever he likes in lore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He does. Haratha is the same wolf companion Rexxar had in the MU on Draenor.
    I should stop posting when I'm falling asleep. I assumed they were different because I couldn't see Misha or Leokk and I didn't recognise Spirit, largely because they changed the Kaliri Hawk model. I also saw Nisha and thought "This is probably one of those blades of grass Kairoz was on about". I guess it helps if you actually do the Sparring Arena as Alliance, I did the Lumber Mill on my first playthrough and had no interaction with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The turning of the orcs skin to green happened before they drank the blood. It was a side effect of the fel corruption by the shaman converting to warlocks.
    If it's just a sign of demonic corruption, why does Orgrim Doomhammer have green skin? He is not a warlock, and did not drink the blood. He is also probably the last to fall in line with warlocks, and was a constant thorn in Gul'dan's side.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I think the most important difference is that in this timeline, Archimonde is alive and running the Legion instead of Kil'Jaeden.
    Archimonde didn't die until the third war... He was alive in our timeline's Draenor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    If it's just a sign of demonic corruption, why does Orgrim Doomhammer have green skin? He is not a warlock, and did not drink the blood. He is also probably the last to fall in line with warlocks, and was a constant thorn in Gul'dan's side.
    He isn't green. He's grayish, the same color as the Lumber Lord Oktron (The orc by the lumber mill on Horde's side)
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

The giant skulls *are already mentioned* in the MU.

That's where the giant skulls in Undercity came from. Lorewise, they already say that they brought in skulls from Outland.

We should start compiling an actual canonical list, and separate retcons from universe differences and added lore.

For example:

Retcons:

- Ogre Empire. Never mentioned in the MU, although Orcs mentioned being slaves and warring against Ogres. Now we know that there was an empire, and by the time we got to Outland, traces of it were gone.

- Frostwolves originally came from a desert. New canon makes more sense.

- Dragonmaw Clan, their story has been retconned multiple times. Not sure what the latest is.

- Rulkan died because Ner'zhul was playing with the void. Originally she died long before Ner'zhul became corrupt.

- Ner'zhul is just plain evil instead of being tricked into following the orders of demons.

Alternate Timelines:

- Garrosh wasn't born.

- Rulkan is alive, and fighting against Ner'zhul.

- Originally the Draenei and the Orcs were neutral toward each other. In this universe they were already attacking each other.

- Maraad is missing from this universe.

New Lore:

- Arakkoa details

- The entire Everbloom thing.

- Cat people

- Draenei have gigantic Faerie dragons for no fucking reason.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.