Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I dont understand game developers today...

By that I mean the Female armor having higher armor rating than the male armor. Logic.

I love tera;D Really I do.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's classic female AC-logic, the more tits-n-ass an armor shows the better it is. It has always been like that, check out like fantasy-rpg-art from the 70's and 80's; it's the same -- I suggest the work of Boris Vallejo. With some skimpy little string-metallic-bikini and your two-handed-sword you'll teach the world. Notice also how she entirely shaved. Wearing that out to be an interesting experience. Metal right on-top of skin; that should be really comfy.

I assume by wearing an outfit like that all the male opponents become so distracted that her AC (armor class) improves, I guess it works on female cause they all want to be like her or are jealous of her amazing body and outfit selection?

That said fantasy armors are not real and by that have no bearing on reality what so ever. It's is basically target audience pandering; plus it's is classic fantasy art made into a computer model representation.
    Last edited by looorg; 2014-11-19 at 09:18 PM.

That's more prominant and over done in Korean MMOs.

It's the classic, guys play MMOs more and they want to see tits and ass and the females we do have want to have tits and ass.

The good thing about TERA is that there is some what slutty male outfits too.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Artistic vision.

You don't have to like what they do, but you should understand.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

There's nothing logical in whining about this shit either.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does the red arrow resemble a boner ?

Because it's a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Because it's a game.
    Pretty much this. Games don't have to make sense or conform to any rules/laws that exist in reality. The designers wanted to have big badass armor for male characters and super skimpy armor for female characters, and that's fine. If some folks wanted to do the opposite and make a game with skimpy armor for male characters and big badass armor for female characters, that would be fine too.

If some folks wanted to do the opposite and make a game with skimpy armor for male characters and big badass armor for female characters, that would be fine too.
    No matter how shitty that game would be, I would play it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera design <3.

That said it's a game. Doesn't have to make sense.

A gigantic ass infernal smacking on a gnome (Supremus) and not instantly crushing him doesn't make sense. It doesn't have to.

It's called "fantasy" for a reason. The characters are supposed to be "perfect" specimens of the mental image. Trying to put real world physics or logic into a fantasy setting is a fool's errand. Even a Song of Ice and Fire, which strives to be as believable as it can, is hardly realistic.

The chain-mail bikini has been the staple in invulnerable defence systems for females since the dawn of time, according to games. And album art. And pulp comics.

"Today"? Dude, please. Bikini armor is one of the oldest clichés in the book. It was there way before games even had enough graphics for you to be able to tell what your character was wearing. Hell, it predates videogames by a fair margin.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Uhm because the female's armor is made out of titanium alloy and the other guy is simple iron?

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    "Today"? Dude, please. Bikini armor is one of the oldest clichés in the book. It was there way before games even had enough graphics for you to be able to tell what your character was wearing. Hell, it predates videogames by a fair margin.
    ^ This, by far. ^ Apparently OP is unaware of Frank Frazetta.

Also, invisible magical force field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    ^ This, by far. ^ Apparently OP is unaware of Frank Frazetta.

Also, invisible magical force field.
    I was thinking of that very mans work when I read that.

is it game developers or is it marketing people that have inflated the market with their brilliant ideas?

A game dev would do whatever comes on his mind to do. But then in a company the sales guy will come along and say you know what, statistics say that most people play a female char and they like it to be naked. So you gonna create a naked female armor and its going to be higher than the others so we keep our sales up.

its simple I think. but dont blame it to game devs