Need a New Laptop (U.S.) $1200 USD Max Price

I am in need of a new laptop. Doesnt need to be ultra powerful, i really only play blizz games/League of Legends and would like to play them on high/max settings if at all possible. I dont have any other large needs on it. I do some standard web design on it but again i dont need any real labor intensive specs.

I have been referred to...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834317540

does the 4k make a difference for what im doing to be using? I love the idea of having a dedicated SSD on the HD as the only things i will have installed are blizz games and or LoL and any web design files before i load them to a server HD i have. i have plenty of external storage space available so having the lower loading times great and this fits right within my budget

I will also note that I know a 4k display is kind of pointless for running wow and most programs will really only run at 1080p which i am perfectly fine with. the link i provided was just a model a co worker supplied to me
    Last edited by Opkorean; 2014-11-19 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally recommend saving up a little more. The new 900 series of graphics are far superior to the 800 series. The 970m is literally 3-4x faster than the 860m.

A basic configuration of a Sager NP8651 would come in at $1350 and would get you a slightly better CPU and the aforementioned superior graphics, but sacrifices the SSD (Available as an option for more $. Note that this laptop will hold both a pair of SSDs and a pair of mechanical hard drives) and the 4k screen (an option for another $275, though I wouldn't bother).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Yeah but i dont exactly need a powerful GPU to play either of the games i mentioned in my original post. I just want something affordable that can run WoW at high settings around 50+ fps without too much of an issue. 4k screens are great but wow doesnt really require it, and from what i understand a 970m is kind of overkill for blizz games/LoL. Im not elitist when it comes to graphics. Thats why i own my ps4, i just need a reliable laptop that i can port around.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaire View Post
    Yeah but i dont exactly need a powerful GPU to play either of the games i mentioned in my original post. I just want something affordable that can run WoW at high settings around 50+ fps without too much of an issue. 4k screens are great but wow doesnt really require it, and from what i understand a 970m is kind of overkill for blizz games/LoL. Im not elitist when it comes to graphics. Thats why i own my ps4, i just need a reliable laptop that i can port around.
    While the 970 is overkill for WoW, you have to recommend that the mobile counterparts are far less superior in performance. With WoD, the GTX 760 is typically the recommended card for maxing out WoW's graphics with the 750ti being the minimum. You're asking for 50+ fps (assuming you mean raids), which is already difficult to do on high end PCs due to the CPU bottleneck, and the laptop CPUs already aren't going to be as powerful.

The 970M is slightly less powerful than a gtx 760 but more powerful than a 750ti which makes it a good choice if you're looking to maxing out settings and maintain decent FPS since you also have to consider that you need the best CPU possible in your budget on a laptop.

The step down option which is barely cheaper is the 860M (870M is also an option but hard to find in laptops on your budget) and it's a HUGE performance loss over the 970M. IMO not worth it when you have the 970M available. 850M is even worse and still falls just short of your budget.

He didn't recommend that laptop for the 4k or overkill graphics. He recommended that laptop because for just a little more you can max out settings without frame dips. Before the 900 series mobile cards, laptops have really struggled in games.

xoticpc.com (the site Masark linked the laptop from) is probably the best site to find high quality decent priced laptops. I'd take a look through there to try and find something in your price range that you'd want.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |