Quick guide to getting bodyguard follower at level 94

So, if like me, you have done some research you probably saw that getting the blueprints for the level 2 large buildings needs to be done at level 98.

This is true to a point. There are outpost quests you can do that allow you get a book that can be turned in for a specific blueprint.

I'm typing this quick from my phone so I may not get the spelling of names exactly right. someone can help me

1. Build the barracks - this one is obvious since you need the barracks for the bodyguard and it's built automatically at the start of your garrison
    2. Get a follower with the bodyguard trait.
    This is done easily by following the first quests to Ashran, finishing that little sequence and you get the caster follower Vivianne
    You can do this early on to start leveling her on missions as well. You do not need to wait for level 94 for this
    3. Continue to level to 94 as you normally want to
    4. You will get a quest in your garrison to go to Talador
    5. Take the flight path to Talador and do this specific quest chain

Continuing with the following quest series rewards a Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide and follower Miall / Morketh Bladehowl. The quest series are relatively similar across factions:
    The Quarry Quandary
    In Ared's Memory/ Unleashed Steel
    Out of Jovite
    Iridium Recovery
    Gas Guzzlers
    Going to the Gordunni
    Dropping Bombs
    Supply Recovery, Prized Repossessions, Punching Through
    The Lord of the Gordunni
    The Only Way to Travel

6. Once you have this item, fly back to Ashran and exchange Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide for Barracks Blueprints level 2
    The vendor for this is standing by the flight path, a goblin dude
    7. Learn the blueprint by clicking on it in your bags
    8. Go back to your garrison and go into your architect plans
    9. Click on the barracks and click upgrade
    10. Once upgraded take the bodyguard follower and click the + to assign them to the barracks
    11. Go back to your barracks and this new follower should be sitting out front
    12. Click on them and chose "I need some muscle"
    13. They will now follow you around

Thank you very much for this guide!
    Will be much used on my low-geared clothies, being able to hire a nice tank

Thank you for sharing this, I too was wondering how to get a body guard follower. My mage is level 95 but follower level 100 so that should be a big help

One important addition that I forgot to add.

You ALSO can buy the level 2 profession blueprints right from your garrison with this outpost created.
    Which is a nice benefit

You need to be 96 to buy the plans though

Quote Originally Posted by Midoree View Post
    You need to be 96 to buy the plans though
    No you don't, the plans specifically say "requires Talador outpost OR level 96"

So since you are doing the Talador outpost anyway to get this follower you automatically qualify for getting the blueprints.

I am level 94 now and have upgraded both my tailor and engineer buildings.