Thread: Gnome Paladins?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The moment this happen, is the moment im going alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzzuli View Post
    Hey there,

When it comes to Priest's in wow, I understand not every race who has priests can have paladins as they all follow different gods, etc. Or in the case of Forsaken, the light just downright hurts.

When it comes to Gnomes, do they follow the Holy Light as priests? And if so, does that mean they could potentially become Paladins?

This isn't me saying they SHOULD be in game, just asking if it was possible via Lore.
    Gnomes are too short for the light to reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I find it difficult that a pet would take orders from someone half their height.
    Tell that to elephant handlers or lion tamers or little 4 year old kids who have gigantic dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by minnnlinz View Post
    jews have doctors and lawyers Ect and they still are religious, enough said.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, so actually, too much nonsense said. And besides, Jewish doctors do not call upon the power of Yahweh to cure the sick and heal the injured, they use medicine and science.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, so actually, too much nonsense said. And besides, Jewish doctors do not call upon the power of Yahweh to cure the sick and heal the injured, they use medicine and science.
    well if you read what I was responding to, he says

Gnomes don't have any need for faith, they use Light-based technology! That's probably why their 'priest' NPCs have titles like Doctor, Medic, or Surgeon, rather than religious titles.

well if you read what I was responding to, he says

Gnomes don't have any need for faith, they use Light-based technology! That's probably why their 'priest' NPCs have titles like Doctor, Medic, or Surgeon, rather than religious titles.
    Exactly - Gnomes don't have any need for faith in order to channel the light - they can just use technology to do it. Humans and Dwarves have built thus huge religion around the powers of the Light, requiring them to engage in prayer and meditation, and have the right 'mindset' in order to channel the Light; if their faith wavers, so does their connection to the Light. Gnomes can just pull the trigger, no belief required.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Exactly - Gnomes don't have any need for faith in order to channel the light - they can just use technology to do it. Humans and Dwarves have built thus huge religion around the powers of the Light, requiring them to engage in prayer and meditation, and have the right 'mindset' in order to channel the Light; if their faith wavers, so does their connection to the Light. Gnomes can just pull the trigger, no belief required.
    your still not seeing it, he is saying that they have doctors
    their 'priest' NPCs have titles like Doctor, Medic, or Surgeon

well, jews have medics, doctors and surgeons.... and they are religous enough to kill people for it, so his comment had no support on the titles. not sure where you are going with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I find it difficult that a pet would take orders from someone half their height.
    Good thing elephants and other circus animals don't play by those rules.

Size really doesn't matter to an animal. If you act as the dominant one, it'll accept you as the master. Hunters are easily given to all races just like Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Good thing elephants and other circus animals don't play by those rules.

Size really doesn't matter to an animal. If you act as the dominant one, it'll accept you as the master. Hunters are easily given to all races just like Warriors.
    All races should have all classes, i cannot for the life of me figure out reasons not to, but i still wish paladins and shaman were faction exclusive.

your still not seeing it, he is saying that they have doctors
    their 'priest' NPCs have titles like Doctor, Medic, or Surgeon

well, jews have medics, doctors and surgeons.... and they are religous enough to kill people for it, so his comment had no support on the titles. not sure where you are going with your comment.
    I said that Gnome priests use medical titles because they do - for example, "Doc" Cogspin (the gnome priest trainer in Dun Morogh) and Chief Surgeon Gashweld (the gnome priest trainer in Stormwind). Compare that to Brother Joshua (a human priest trainer in Stormwind), Priestess Alathra (the night elf priest trainer in Darnassus) or Sister Almyra (the worgen priest trainer) - all of which have religious/faith-based titles, which reflects how they interact with the Light.

The point is that Gnomes priests do not necessarily consider 'the Light' to be their religion, but it doesn't stop them from using it. They just use technology to do so, rather than directly channeling the light via faith. I'm not sure why you keep bringing real world doctors and religion into this discussion; it's almost like you're trying to argue that Gnomes priests are allowed to have a religion, which no one has disputed or even brought up.
    Last edited by Khime; 2014-11-20 at 10:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well there is a quest(i have never done it personally just read about it from others)
    a Orc has you give a letter to a forsaken mage thanking him or her for teaching the orc to be a mage.

so thats why i say its implied
    Oooh I see, thanks for the info!

I'd imagine the Light can be harnessed w/o faith but it'd take a lot of willpower. Thus gnome priests. So much willpower that heavy armor would hinder their efforts and diminish the effectiveness of the light to the point of it not being worth it. Same reason we don't see spell swords or arcane warriors in heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Troll Paladins before Gnome paladins imho.
    I completely agree. The channel the light from their loa so definitely possible. They can be druids which brings them closer to the Tauren. Tauren druids are becoming paladins by focusing on the sun. Troll learns from druid and makes it better. Not a stretch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinMage View Post
    I completely agree. The channel the light from their loa so definitely possible. They can be druids which brings them closer to the Tauren. Tauren druids are becoming paladins by focusing on the sun. Troll learns from druid and makes it better. Not a stretch at all.
    Actually, Trolls have been paladins and able to wield the Light since Vanilla. They're called Freethinkers (or sometimes Heathens) by the Zandalari, most due the fact that they wouldn't abandon their ways and that they chose to fight against Hakkar rather than help summon it. The source of their power was even called as Foreign. Most of it was mentioned during the Paladin Token turn in from classic Zul'gurub

So yeah, Trolls should've been able to be Paladins, even before Taurens and Blood Elves.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged