How to Keep the Class Fresh?

So I played one in Vanilla and Cata and am picking it back up against in WoD.

But man, it's like the class hasn't moved at all (and thanks to pruning, less stuff).

I'm trying to get an idea on what keeps it fresh. We're a single role class, which makes grouping harder. It looks largely like our specs just changes the rotations ever so slightly, Envenom instead of Eviscerate. As opposed to say Warlocks which get different things based on which DPS spec they do. The only things that have largely change are QoL improvements like energy regen and combo points.

How do you keep it fresh?

Death from Above - new fun spell and adds a LOT of possibilities (imune to CC while mid air, usable to avoid getting poly, jump down a cliff and have someone follow you just to DfA quickly to another person, whatever!)

In my opinion also, we have less burst and damage than ever probably. In vanilla you could literally one shot people with Evis not scalling with gear but rather being a flat number for example. Cata was ShD crazyness and now, you have to actually monitor everything you do and for the first time, I actually (playing subt) feel like I need to push myself to maintain everything (SnD up, rupture up, abusing Find Weakness ambushes through ShD, Vanish, PrepVanish, etc).

I am, ofc, talking about PvP, but the same concept applies to PvE. Especially now that Subt is mainly the top DPS spec in our reaches, I feel I must be a lot more active to have a good damage done while CC'ing, interrupting and boss mechanics.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!