For leveling up: Barracks or Warmill

So which is better for leveling up, assuming level 1 of the buildings.

The warmill will give you a higher chance at rare/epic gear from quests and rares and the barracks gives patrol missions (just more exp for followers it seems).

Just need osme opinions..I feel it's a no brainer to go for the war mill but something is tickling the back of my mind that i should be going for the barracks for some reason.

Thanks

If the war mill is the horde equivalent of the dwarven bunker, I would get both...

You can't get both until you have a level 3 garrison, which isn't possible before you're max level anyway.

I stuck with my barracks. Gear from quests and rares will get replaced with heroic gear before too long, but more exp for followers will get you a dedicated lvl 100 team that much faster, meaning you can reap more rewards from high-level missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    If the war mill is the horde equivalent of the dwarven bunker, I would get both...

At level 100 and tier/level 3 garrison sure, but for leveling (as stated in topic) you only have access to 1 large plot for tier 2 garrison, thus the question.

Lynneiah: Your meaning the short term gain from leveling gear is nothing compared to 'speed leveling' your followers via more missions? Makes sense I guess. Just needt o get more resources to replace the war mill after I do a few quests then I guess.. You spelling it out like that makes it make a load more sense to just run with more leveling of followers vs some gear that will get blown up (or not if epic, enchanter building cannot blow up epics but can rare and uncommon, in that case epics are counter productive oddly enough aside from sales).

Thanks guys. Any more insight would be nice however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used the barracks until I got until level 100, then I added a war mill when I upgraded to a level 3 garrison...then I went back and finished up my Nagrand questing. Maybe I had bad luck, but IMO if you're only going for the better questing gear, it's not worth it. It says there's double the chance at an upgrade but I really didn't get very many upgrades from the quest rewards.

I'm not really that interested in the transmog, so I think I might drop it after I finish up all the quests in all the zones and add stables instead. I have a salvage yard to help gear my followers up.

The bodyguard from level 2 of the barracks is REALLY nice to have out in the world.

Barracks is better to start with. Getting upgrades while you level isn't a big deal; the mill is a much better building once you are level 100, which is when you can build a second large building anyways. I saved some Nagrand questing for when I had the mill to receive better upgrades because those can be as good as heroic loot if you are lucky.