Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    I agree about Maraad. If they HAD to kill him they could have at least done his story arc justice. It felt very rushed and forced and never really paid off. Doomhammer I have a hard time caring about because I don't really care about the duplicate characters to begin with.
    There's a LOT of stuff in WoD that was phoned in.

For example if you take the talent for the permafernal/doomguard etc all 4 pets play the felguard voiceover when summoned. Really? Those talents have been around for a while. They couldn't just put in 4 more sounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I don't know about you, but I felt all sorts of feels in the Talador cinematic... "In the light... We... are... one..."

I do agree though, with Maraad, not with Orgrim. Maraad is one of OUR heroes, from OUR Azeroth, he deserved much more. However, Orgrim is from this AU, after WoD, I doubt any of the characters will be important again.
    Amen, As someone who has read all about Maarad beforehand, I felt his death was very heroic and shared a slight tear at his death. Altohugh I am loving Yrel right now!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I don't know about you, but I felt all sorts of feels in the Talador cinematic... "In the light... We... are... one..."
    I thought that line was from an early version of the game where Yrel and Maraad were supposed to be a couple, before it got cut. I just figured it was too late to change the cinematic so they just went with it anyway. The line doesnt make much sense either. We are one? Who is we?

Deleted
    Fuck you Blizzard. Sure Maraad's death was a good death but it was sudden, and I'm not sure it was needed.

Deleted
    As long as Yrel makes it back to our Universe and works with both factions in the next expansion, I won't care about how or why Maraad or Orgrim died.

Orgrim's death didn't do him any justice. He basically got one-shot by Blackhand, whereas in the original timeline he whooped Blackhand's ass.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Maraad had a story arc? Barely noticed the guy after Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Maraad had a story arc? Barely noticed the guy after Tanaan.
    If by 'arc' you mean he was suddenly really super angry in some flavor text in Talador, with Yrel being worried about his anger, and then out of nowhere he sacrifices himself to save the others and is at peace then yes. He had an 'arc.'

What ever happened to Alt. Maraad?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've heard some "conspiracy" theories that Yrel is the AU version of Maraad. Not figuratively, but literally.

Deleted
    Meh, both were taken out so they wouldn't steal the spotlight from other characters like Thrall or Yrel. Mind you I felt that Maraad's death was indeed very heroic, redeeming himself for his past mistake. Orgrim could have definitely used more face time, I hear he was supposed to have a part to play in Gorgrond but that was scrapped for some reason. I'm still wondering about the Doomhammer he left behind. I just hope Thrall won't go full green Jesus again and pick that one up as well to end up dual wielding Doomhammers.
    Last edited by mmocc75861ccdb; 2014-12-10 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've heard some "conspiracy" theories that Yrel is the AU version of Maraad. Not figuratively, but literally.
    Goes for Alt-everyone, who already have MU-versions visiting Draenor. Blades of grass and all that. I'm enjoying the shit out of this expansion, but the holes are there and they are decorated with signs and neon lights. Hopefully Blizzard will be more considerate for the integrity of the lore in the future.

Yrel being Alt-Maraad would be too internet for Warcraft.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Man, I love Sppliers.

OT:
    I detested the scene, if only for the fact that they killed Maraad off far too quickly.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be very interesting and wrong and curious and horrible at same time, combined
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power