Thread: MSI Z87 to Z97?

MSI Z87 to Z97?

I have a MSI Z87-G45 motherboard. It's been giving me problems, and today ti just made a horrible sound and my pc froze. Now it won't come back on. So next month I have to buy a new one.

When I look here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130693 It says a new version is available, the Z97-G45. How similar are these 2? Will my parts that work with the Z87 also work with the Z97?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Yes Z97 supports all Z87 does and more as its newer. Are you sure the mobo is the one that is giving you troubles and not something else?

Deleted
    Yes, but that could also be a blown PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yes Z97 supports all Z87 does and more as its newer. Are you sure the mobo is the one that is giving you troubles and not something else?
    Yes, it's doing the same thing it was before. It was because of a bent psu socket pin, i was able to bend it back into place, but thats not fixing it anymore. what the pc does is everything turns on except 2 fans, and i see nothing on the pc even though my video card is running.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yes, it's doing the same thing it was before. It was because of a bent psu socket pin, i was able to bend it back into place, but thats not fixing it anymore. what the pc does is everything turns on except 2 fans, and i see nothing on the pc even though my video card is running.
    ...I'd still check the seating of every connection, just in case. Most of us have derped like this before, so...