Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    "Mages havent been this bad since X"
    "Balance hasnt been this bad since X"
    "Locks havent been this bad since X"
    "Shamans haven't been this bad since X"

Etc, etc.

The only legit complaints are the DPS shaman specs, elemental especially. Locks get better with full pvp gear. Everything else is competitive.
    An ele shaman can just visit his respect trainer and go resto. A lock can... reroll? Not really a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Gone are the days a shaman could do that...apparently they can't even take down 2+ regular mobs at once now, let alone reds or elites. (all of which would die in WotLK/Cata/MoP)
    Shamans can kill elites, i main ENH. No problems soloing anything out in the world. Competitive DPS in PVE is subpar, and in PvP we are pretty much bottom of the barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

An ele shaman can just visit his respect trainer and go resto. A lock can... reroll? Not really a fair comparison.
    Forcing someone who wants to dps as a shaman is no different than forcing a lock to reroll, you played a lock to DPS and you played Ele and Enh to DPS.

Well Warriors and SHaman dps suck, ive played with some good warlocks. Balance druis suck but feral is fine
    But ye I do Think there are so bad balancing in the game right now

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    locks are doing bad at the moment. C'mon, it's warlocks we're talking about, they're going to get overcompensated before the progress race starts

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Well Warriors and SHaman dps suck, ive played with some good warlocks. Balance druis suck but feral is fine
    Ummm.... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I've seen a ton of classes complain about how their mobility is terrible now compared to other classes, but the reality is that almost all ranged classes and healers got heavy nerfs to their abilities to cast while moving. It's true it was a strong nerf, but since everyone got it pretty equally, it's not a crisis. The important part is that classes are in line with each other.
    This really only applies to PvE.

Casters are getting shut down in PvP because their mobility was nerfed through the roof, meanwhile Melee gap closers and snares remain unaffected.

Yes, yes, before someone says it, good casters can beat bad melee. We all know that story, but it doesn't hold any water in an argument that's about two somewhat equally skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Glad warriors are shield slamming in glad stance for 22k so bs on that

Quote Originally Posted by TheGerb View Post
    Fury DPS is insane as well.

Etc, etc.

The only legit complaints are the DPS shaman specs, elemental especially. Locks get better with full pvp gear. Everything else is competitive.

Take a look at the shaman forums - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012669/
    Most of the legitimate complaints were from PVP, not pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGerb View Post
    Pretty much this. Glad spec is insane right now.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage's are iffy at the moment. Frost is very strong burst wise, however they are very reliant on procs and cd's meaning that in long fights (or if they screw up the opener) the damage can drop pretty significantly. Plus the spec feels incredibly clunky now. Arcane is preforming moderately well but is outclassed by a few other classes/specs including Frost; even if the player perfectly executes the rotation. Fire has been garbage since the 6.0.2 nerfs and will continue to be garbage until buffs come.
    Last edited by Mountain Called Monkey; 2014-11-20 at 10:34 PM.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    As a lock in heroics I've had to try really hard to keep my dps at the level of melee players. Also there's near enough a complete lack of movement abilities available for destruction which is fun.

Holy paladins are ok they don't suck that much but... its sooo annoying that resto druids can outtop us easily.

Deleted
    Melee seem to be well as it is. Shamans are well noted as the exception as they're just abysmal right now in keeping up and need fixing on both their DPS fronts.

Mages have a horrible, clunky aoe burst spec which is pretty much the only thing to play if you want to compete, with Arcane being lesser and Fire's level 90 knee jerk nerfs beating it into the ground enough to make tank spec dps more viable than they are in PvE.

Not everyone is weak no, have you seen hunters?

Deleted

Etc, etc.

Take a look at the shaman forums - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012669/
    You obviously haven't seen the shitty state mages are in right now. Sure, we can blow shit up with orb and prismatic crystal, but then what? Frostbolt hits for 3-8k with 620 ilvl and comet storm is absolute bull***t. Fire and arcane are even worse.

From reading these forums it seems the general concensus is Melee is decent and Ranged is underperforming. Unless you're in Ashran where melee is unplayable. Seems like a fairly typical early-impression reaction.

Warlocks are underperforming because there are a considerable number of "mobility is mandatory" fights in Heroics thus far, this at a time when Blizzard took away Warlock mobility damage. They're also about 10-15% under par beyond that, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Warlocks will end up scaling better, or at least well enough that by ~660 ilvl it's not a big deal.

Warlocks sucking in PvP isn't because of balance changes, it's because Warlocks are one-trick ponies and have been for the past decade. Any time the meta doesn't favor attrition-based PvP, Warlocks have been bad. Any time the meta has, Warlocks have been good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    If by "fucked" you mean, beaten down into the middle of the pack with everyone else so they just don't go "LAAAAAAAWL Look how pro I am!", then you are correct.

Equality is a beautiful, if mediocre thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Try mixing up specs and talents, or just pigeon-holed into one kind of (older) play style? Think outside the box!
    Affliction and demo are useless in heroics because of the ramp up time. Destruction is weak and I've tried all the possible combos in the talent tree. It's just poor design and bad balancing.

15+ Year Old Account

Fire mage. Lulz
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-11-20 at 11:46 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!