A carnt speyk. What a load of nonsense.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep it gangster, Clovis.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ew-Mexico.html

Great place to get robbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Oh really, then why is the threat of suspension used?
    Suspension isn't a punishment. It's a way to get a problem student out of the school and the school staff's hair, because dealing with problem students takes up too much time, and if a student can't/won't behave, the school staff have better things to be spending their time on.

School isn't a babysitting service. If your kid isn't there to learn, and is a disruptive influence, they'll get suspended, which is the school's way of saying "we don't want to deal with their bullshit any more, you're their parents, YOU deal with it."

It's about preserving the educational environment for every other student. It isn't in any way meant to provide any rehabilitation to the suspended student. Ideally, that rehabilitation will come from the parents, but if not, it isn't the school's responsibility, and they'll keep suspending them until they either stop misbehaving, or it gets kicked up to an expulsion.

Which is the same thing, but with a "don't come back" clause at the end. They've decided the student can't be helped (by them), and they won't let them come back. This isn't meant to provide any support to that student; it's meant to protect the learning environment for every other student.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, the kid is an idiot, stop pretending to snort cocaine, take the suspension learn from the mistake and move on. Schools are not always wrong to suspend dumb kids.
    Suspending kids for being dumb, is counter productive. That's what schools are for...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Keep it gangster, Clovis.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ew-Mexico.html

Great place to get robbed.
    LOL Clovis is a shithole. Hell, most of NM is a shithole. The only thing I miss is the Green Chili. I hope it hasn't been reclassified as a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Suspension isn't a punishment. It's a way to get a problem student out of the school and the school staff's hair, because dealing with problem students takes up too much time, and if a student can't/won't behave, the school staff have better things to be spending their time on.

School isn't a babysitting service. If your kid isn't there to learn, and is a disruptive influence, they'll get suspended, which is the school's way of saying "we don't want to deal with their bullshit any more, you're their parents, YOU deal with it."

It's about preserving the educational environment for every other student. It isn't in any way meant to provide any rehabilitation to the suspended student. Ideally, that rehabilitation will come from the parents, but if not, it isn't the school's responsibility, and they'll keep suspending them until they either stop misbehaving, or it gets kicked up to an expulsion.

Which is the same thing, but with a "don't come back" clause at the end. They've decided the student can't be helped (by them), and they won't let them come back. This isn't meant to provide any support to that student; it's meant to protect the learning environment for every other student.
    All you've done with this post was restate what you'd already said.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know why the candy was banned.

Dumbass kids snort the kids, its becomes a distraction and probably isn't good for you either. The school got tired of the shit from the kids and outlawed it. Calling it a drug is stupid but you get the point. Pretending that its a drug doesn't help the case of the kids either, its like being caught with drug paraphernalia.

Regardless of whether or not the kids were pretending I'm sure they broke several rules such as candy in the class room, not paying attention, repeating an offense, etc. which would explain disciplinary action. Maybe they shouldn't get 10 days (which is meant to fail you in school district I grew up in) but to say they don't deserve punishment is just as ridiculous as calling Smarties a drug. Its fun listening to their asinine parents go on as if the kids weren't obviously breaking rules, drug issue or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    To someone who didn't know better. It could easily be mistaken for rolls or ecstasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Kids did this shit all the time when I was in school. How is this a big deal?
    Yeah, and look at the current crop of 18-25 year olds, and you'll see why it was a big deal.

Compare that crop of 18-25 year olds to 3-4 generations ago.

It is a slippery slope, and you see it nowadays with kids that are currently 5-10 years old. I've seen them in stores, and they are some of the most evil misbehaved children I have ever seen. If I had EVER acted like that (I'm 34), I would have been grounded and made to do lots of work and chores, because my parents actually disciplined me, which is what a lot of parents nowadays don't bother to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post

I have no words to say!
    Dumb reporters. Smarties aren't prohibited, it's their particular use of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Yeah, and look at the current crop of 18-25 year olds, and you'll see why it was a big deal.

Let's not start with this please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post

It is a slippery slope, and you see it nowadays with kids that are currently 5-10 years old. I've seen them in stores, and they are some of the most evil misbehaved children I have ever seen. If I had EVER acted like that (I'm 34), I would have been grounded and made to do lots of work and chores, because my parents actually disciplined me, which is what a lot of parents nowadays don't bother to do.
    You gotta add the 4 generations ago really, 3 generations ago was the hippy era, 2 was the late 70's early 80's when everything peaked, the mid 90's was the last generation and they were horrible. Comparing this generation to the previous ones just makes us look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.