Thread: PvP set bonuses

PvP set bonuses

So is this a bug or intentional? I just bought some leggings as a rogue only to find out that it doesnt count toward my set bonus. I picked up the mastery/multi. The one that does count is the mastery/crit i think it was.

Bug or...?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Also noticed this, i got the pieces that atm dont count towards the set bonus. Hope some 1 can confirm this as a bug or not.

only conquest gear has set bonuses this season i believe. so if you bought honor gear, this is intentional.

I thought that too but a recent hotfix today has added set bonus to honor gear too how ever there are 2 sets of helms shoulders etc 1 has the bonus the other does not. They do have different stats so it may also be intentional but i dont see any 1 forgoing set bonus for a slight better stat distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by marjolaine View Post
    I thought that too but a recent hotfix today has added set bonus to honor gear too how ever there are 2 sets of helms shoulders etc 1 has the bonus the other does not. They do have different stats so it may also be intentional but i dont see any 1 forgoing set bonus for a slight better stat distribution.
    hmmm. i don't know...apparently they're just giving you an extra choice better stats vs set bonuses. I have not heard anything about any of this before. i honestly have no idea what's going on with pvp gearing these days and it's frustrating since i dunno what to buy. As we know, there's rarely actually a choice. Something will always be optimal.

I think 2 sets with the same set bonus would of been nice as you could of mix/match what and how you prefer to play, currently i play hunter and those 2 and 4 set bonus for bm seem very good 2set is the same across all hunter spec and 4set means pet and i share DR. Feels too strong to pass up just for some extra "crit or mastery". Might make a ticket see whats going on cause i dont recall any info on this either. Been left in the dark a little.

I will probably just wait for a fix, this clearly is looking like a bug due to the rushed release of expansion. I honestly have no idea how/why this wasn't planned out before-hand.

Slight miss-step by Blizzard imo.
    Did they overlook the fact that the blue pvp set had no set bonuses?
    Or did they make the last second decision to suddenly add them?
    All of this is evidenced by the lack of set bonuses on some pieces of gear, and the typos in the set bonuses themselves.
    So many questions.

Deleted
    One is bound to a class and has a set bonus, one is bound to an armor type and has none (and different stats?).
    Also obvious from the name on them, it's not the same

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    One is bound to a class and has a set bonus, one is bound to an armor type and has none (and different stats?).
    Also obvious from the name on them, it's not the same
    Why do the setless pieces even exist though? This doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    Hybrids could mix and match 4+1 in earlier expansions to finetune stats. Maybe that's the idea, which would be cool.
    Or it's just oversight #36483 that they couldn't be bothered fixing before the live release...

I really hope this is a bug.... Doesnt really make sense. They dont put the sets in so you gather all your honor for a set and buy the pieces that have the best stats, then change it after so you need specific ones. Why cant they just put set bonus on them all? Makes sense for you to be able to choose your stats with the removal of reforge and the lack of drops compared to pve. Need to buy 3 new pieces because of this xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

I got the parts not part of the set but well before this hotfix, even with the different names i dont feel it was made clear enough that 1 would have bonus 1 wont. Not a huge deal time to grind the other set since season is still 2 week away just annoying thats all.

Seems they hotfixed it according to front page. Can anyone confirm if both lets say chest or leg pieces have set bonuses attached to them? Im at work right now so I cant.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspa View Post

Yeah, some of my friends cant see setbonus and apparently i bought wrong chest yesterday.
    As far I know all of the Versatility pieces never provided a set bonus. It's the side effect of getting that stat on your gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    For a little bit extra versa and multi i don't know if its worth sacrificing a set bonus - although the bonus isn't that great

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    For a little bit extra versa and multi i don't know if its worth sacrificing a set bonus - although the bonus isn't that great
    There are only like 3 specs that would ever consider dropping their 4 set bonus (WW Monks, Frost Mages, and maybe Hunters) no other class should ever even consider it.

But even so, the gear isn't meant to replace your set bonus, it's meant to be 4 set pieces + 1 other piece.

Basically look at your 5 pieces of gear, figure out which one is the worst for your spec, and then replace that one with the Versatility item, going to be different for each spec, but there's always one piece that has some bad stats on it. That's all it's for.