Poll: who do you think is the strongest warrior

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Voted other for Broxigar.

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted other for Med'an, Jaina, and Mankrik's wife, cuz any poll about strong warriors that isn't 100% Varok Saurfang is a joke poll.

Quote Originally Posted by DildoBaggins View Post
    This "Brox" character is about as relevant as Med'an. They're both book originated characters, op as shit and none of them exist in game yet (and hopefully never will) = they dont matter.

AS for the actuall poll I'd vote for a 3 tie between Saurfang, Orgrim and Lothar. A great warrior is more than a pile of muscle and a big weapon.
    I thought Brox when I saw the title of the thread. It does happen to be Brox. Also, you're right. A great warrior is more than that. He sacrificed himself after defeating heaps and heaps of demons plus being the only known entity, a mortal no less, to actually injure Sargeras. It's canon, so stop arguing with it.

It's Brox. Just to reiterate. Brox. The Brox that says yes, you're wrong if you say it's not me, because it's me, Brox.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question to everyone saying Grom Hellscream is the best warrior ever is, why wasnt he Warchief of the Horde in the MU, being that a position for the baddest and meanest orc alive? Maybe is because Blackhand and Doomhammer were better than he was a warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, so who do you think is the strongest warrior class character lorewise?

Keep in mind that the topic is only for warriors in the lore.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    Broxigar no contest. He isn't even on the list because no one should be compared to him. Ever. Period. Solo Argus and hit the biggest boss in the game before death. Nothing will top that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Cenarius's enchant wounded Sargeras. Any Warrior swinging that axe would have been able to hurt him. Broxigar is still a great warrior though.
    No. No one fought like broxigar. Read the damn books before posting nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DildoBaggins View Post
    This "Brox" character is about as relevant as Med'an. They're both book originated characters, op as shit and none of them exist in game yet (and hopefully never will) = they dont matter.

AS for the actuall poll I'd vote for a 3 tie between Saurfang, Orgrim and Lothar. A great warrior is more than a pile of muscle and a big weapon.
    Broxigar is canon. Even thrall mentions him. There is no contest. it's written in a wow BOOK not comic. delete this post there's no question it's Broxigar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    No. No one fought like broxigar. Read the damn books before posting nonsense.
    Pretty sure that's what a lot of the "<3 Broxigar XDDD"-crowd should do.

So far we've had a couple of great arguments (Against Brox) come from those God-awful novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    My question to everyone saying Grom Hellscream is the best warrior ever is, why wasnt he Warchief of the Horde in the MU, being that a position for the baddest and meanest orc alive? Maybe is because Blackhand and Doomhammer were better than he was a warrior?
    Blackhand was a installed as a puppet Warchief by Gul'dan. Gul'dan didn't want Grom anywhere near the Horde or its leadership and manipulated things to keep Grom behind on Draenor when they invaded Azeroth.

Grom killed Mannoroth, twice, without any powerups or godmode weapons.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-22 at 03:08 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Broxigar, he's the only mortal to wound Sargeras, I believe.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    Blackhand was considered a solid tactician, Grom at the time was still young and very reckless, to the extent that it turned off some of the Orcs.

Factor in Gul'dan committing Gul'dannery and that's how Blackhand became Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Broxigar, he's the only mortal to wound Sargeras, I believe.
    Only because of god axe.

It's like saying Garrosh is the strongest warrior because he nuked a city.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-22 at 03:18 AM.

Going with Broxigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    His own... nobody else praising him was there. He knows he didn't fight as hard as he could have.
    I take it you have never even talked to many combat veterans who were in terrible situations. Many end up blaming themselves their entire lives because they believe if they had just done more, their friends would still be alive. This is just as true of people who made incredibly courageous actions as it is of cowards. Just because someone believes this about himself doesn't mean it is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I take it you have never even talked to many combat veterans who were in terrible situations. Many end up blaming themselves their entire lives because they believe if they had just done more, their friends would still be alive. This is just as true of people who made incredibly courageous actions as it is of cowards. Just because someone believes this about himself doesn't mean it is true.
    I know what survivors' guilt is. The point is that he knows better what happened there than people who were absent.

i'll give the first mannoroth kill to grom, but the second one was more of a surprise headshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    i'll give the first mannoroth kill to grom, but the second one was more of a surprise headshot.
    Battlefield awareness and taking advantage of openings is part of being a great warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    I thought Brox when I saw the title of the thread. It does happen to be Brox. Also, you're right. A great warrior is more than that. He sacrificed himself after defeating heaps and heaps of demons plus being the only known entity, a mortal no less, to actually injure Sargeras. It's canon, so stop arguing with it.

It's Brox. Just to reiterate. Brox. The Brox that says yes, you're wrong if you say it's not me, because it's me, Brox.
    We're not arguing whether or not it's canon, we're arguing that Brox is overrated in terms of strength and it was only thanks to the legendary axe that he was able to do what he did. Any decent warrior would have been able to do the same thing, and he wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near Sargeras without it. Therefore, he's not that strong of a warrior, and definitely weaker than Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mnemoniker View Post
    wasn't he still amped somewhat by the demon blood though? he still had the burning glow in his eyes. i would actually consider the second kill a more legitimate feat.
    Burning glow didn't necessarily mean that they still had the power boost did it? As I recall, the power faded out eventually and with it the Orc's strength, however their eyes still burned.

In this case it was so recently after drinking the blood that it might still have held hold on him, however they did do a magical ritual to bring him back to his senses, not sure if that might have wiped away the power as well.

Deleted
    I'm confused. Are we talking about raw power? Endurance? Combat capabilities?

I don't think any one character is best at all the above mentioned.

My vote goes to Varian. You see Broxxigar was a great warrior but the weapon did most of the work. He wounded Sargeras very slightly but in the end that doesn't really matter cause he was squashed. Grom Hellscream was not alone when he killed Mannoroth. We know that he wouldn't stand a chance one on one with Mannoroth. Varian Wrynn on the other hand did solo kill Onyxia. Onyxia may not be as powerful as Sargeras but have in mind that Broxxigar died and Varian survived. Also there is one more thing that made me give Varian the vote. The fact that he is not only a warrior but a High King of the Alliance and he has to take important decisions that may define the future of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    My vote goes to Varian. You see Broxxigar was a great warrior but the weapon did most of the work. He wounded Sargeras very slightly but in the end that doesn't really matter cause he was squashed. Grom Hellscream was not alone when he killed Mannoroth. We know that he wouldn't stand a chance one on one with Mannoroth. Varian Wrynn on the other hand did solo kill Onyxia. Onyxia may not be as powerful as Sargeras but have in mind that Broxxigar died and Varian survived. Also there is one more thing that made me give Varian the vote. The fact that he is not only a warrior but a High King of the Alliance and he has to take important decisions that may define the future of Azeroth.
    Varian is powered by goldrin
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're basing this on raw strength, I'd have to say Varok, Grom, Kargath would make it onto this small list I guess. Not including Varian due to the demi-god thing he has going for him. Would want to include Brox, but it would make me contradict myself (see Varian, but with Brox's axe instead of the wolf spirit).
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!