[VuhDo] Tracking absorbs on party/raid members

After tinkering with VuhDo for a while, I read a short guide on how to make it show absorbs, and just found it incredibly useful for Disc. These settings will allow you to put an indicator on your party/raid frames in VuhDo, which will show the sum of all absorbs on that target.

This includes not only Clarity of Will, PWS, and Divine Aegis, but also abilities from other classes that are absorbs. (Ice Barrier, Anti-Magic Shell, etc)

So, without further ado:

1. Open up the control panel, and go to the "General" tab, then to the "Bouquets" tab down at the bottom-right corner.

2. Type in a name in the box labeled "...or a new bouquet name", and then click the "New" button to create your custom bouquet. (I used "absorbs counter" for a name)

3. Near the bottom-right of the Bouquet window, click the "Add" button.

4. Now, click the drop-down menu just below the name box, labeled "Select special event". In this list, choose "Counter: All Shield Absorb #k".

When you're finished, it should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/4tXVpo7.png

----

Now that we've got our custom Bouquet created, it's time to position it on our raid/party panels.

5. Go to the "Panels" tab, and click the "HoT Icons" tab.

6. Use one of the drop-down menus to select which numbered slot you want the absorbs tracker to be positioned on.

When you're finished, it should look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/QUCJmWf.png

That's all there is to it! Now VuhDo will have an indicator which shows the total sum of *ALL* absorbs on that target.

You can also adjust the size of the icon with the "Size" slider bar. You might have to do this, as IIRC, the icon starts off rather huge.

This is what it looks like:

A simple little icon with a number on it showing the sum of all absorbs on that target.

Hope this helps aspiring Disc priests be successful in their endeavors!
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-22 at 05:04 AM.

Very nice.

I have been procrastinating getting this done, but this will save me a lot of tinkering. Thanks.

That said, I still will be looking to make it easier for me to assess how much time is left on CoW, PW:S, etc. Knowing how much absorbs someone has is great, but if a CoW is about to drop and I don't know it, I am left with a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    That said, I still will be looking to make it easier for me to assess how much time is left on CoW, PW:S, etc. Knowing how much absorbs someone has is great, but if a CoW is about to drop and I don't know it, I am left with a false sense of security.
    You can use the "HoT Bars" to put a little bar across the background of the panel, to track buffs/debuffs. I think it supports up to 3 buff/debuff timers at once.

Deleted
    Hey! This is great, thanks, I've been meaning to work out how to do this for a while.

As a small note, when I first made it, the icon was huuuge on my bars. Under the 'Panels'--->'Hot Icons' tabs you can change the scale with the 'Size' slide bar on the left. Just in case someone wasn't able to find it

Hey hope I can bump this post! I'm looking for a similar solution to track if my Rapture shield is a crit or regular... However with this option and all I can figure out the addon only allows for tracking of "all" absorbs which I don't find necessary. Can you think of a Bouquet for tracking the size of only my shields? Thanks!