Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For my 630 character it as follows:

Combat: DfA > LZ > SR
    Assassination: LZ > SR > No talent > DfA
    Sub: SR > DfA > LZ

I actually haven't tested if Ruthlessness can stack anticipation, been running MfD since expansion launch.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I actually haven't tested if Ruthlessness can stack anticipation, been running MfD since expansion launch.
    It adds to stacks of anticipation as well.
    Last edited by mmoc12440bec32; 2014-11-21 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i've been using anticipation with lemon zest on combat, I will definitely test out DfA today and report back with my findings. Is this supposed to be stronger on single target fights as well? (assuming so since LZ only gets you 1x 5% energy boost)

Quote Originally Posted by Kroen View Post
    No. It's Not. Lol. Idc how "hard" you try. Pots, Lust, Flask do not account for an extra 10k sustained dps.

That's like me saying "Hey if I try really hard and I use a pair of Jordans, I can jump 5 feet in the air!"
    Where did I say it accounted for 10k extra dps lol? I never even said I pull 30k sustained, but I have ended fights close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Where did I say it accounted for 10k extra dps lol? I never even said I pull 30k sustained, but I have ended fights close to it.
    Maybe Witherbark. That's about it. And the 10k extra dps comes from the fact that assassination probably isn't pulling anything more than 20k right now (And that is stretching it). 30k - 20k = 10k.

When you say mut "probably isn't" pulling that much I assume you haven't even tested yourself.

When you say mut "probably isn't" pulling that much I assume you haven't even tested yourself.
    Don't need to test it myself. I know what each spec is capable of in the current gear because it has already been tested. I say probably because I know Assassination is not pulling anything close to 20k in Heroics or CMs. However, I don't want to exclude the extremely rare case of a 20k or 21k Assassination parse due to extreme luck and RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    For my 630 character it as follows:

Combat: DfA > LZ > SR
    Assassination: LZ > SR > No talent > DfA
    Sub: SR > DfA > LZ

DFA with anticipation or MfD? which pulls out higher dps ? Single and AoE?

For Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Vokz View Post
    I'm currently Subt with a 622 iLvL pulling about 19k on burst and 15k sustained. I feel it's pretty low, but that could be to improperly managing my CD's.
    What about you guys?
    I do about the same as assassination. I don't have any BoEs or crafted gear though, just a mix of 620/630 gear and the 680 ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    633 ilvl here, 630 & 620 daggers in MH and OH respectively. I play subtlety, because it's (in my opinion) the most enjoyable spec, and I'm glad it's finally the best spec too. On average, I pull around 20k sustained and when bursting with all procs, bl, potion etc, even 40-50k for a brief amount of time. This was in Molten Core with almost full guild group, so no +% dmg buff
    Last edited by Mirean; 2014-11-21 at 08:36 PM.

Don't need to test it myself. I know what each spec is capable of in the current gear because it has already been tested.
    Making blanket statements without any factual backing other than "it's already been tested" is silly, especially considering the majority (if not all) of the contributors who have been updating modeling and running sims have stated several times that they stopped updating Assassination because the model needs basically a full rewrite and they are unwilling / dont have the time (for obvious reasons, IE new expac launch) to do so.

It's fairly clear you dont like the spec based off the tone of your posts, but completely and emphatically refusing to believe that people using it are pulling numbers capable of what you think the most recent sim suggests, is more than a bit naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs screenshots for proof and indication of whether or not they have the 'looking for group' buff.

Quote Originally Posted by adio23 View Post
    Making blanket statements without any factual backing other than "it's already been tested" is silly, especially considering the majority (if not all) of the contributors who have been updating modeling and running sims have stated several times that they stopped updating Assassination because the model needs basically a full rewrite and they are unwilling / dont have the time (for obvious reasons, IE new expac launch) to do so.

It's fairly clear you dont like the spec based off the tone of your posts, but completely and emphatically refusing to believe that people using it are pulling numbers capable of what you think the most recent sim suggests, is more than a bit naive.
    Not at all. When everyone else posting about the spec is talking about how far behind the other 2 specializations it is, and giving their own dps numbers as evidence (not just this post, but posts throughout MMO and WoW Rogue forums), I am not going to believe someone with numbers that outrageous. You may be a good assassination rogue, but pulling DOUBLE the sustained DPS as other rogues of the same spec? That does not happen.

And there is enough evidence to know that Assassination is lagging behind. There have not been significant changes to the spec to say that the sims since they "stopped" testing the spec would have increased as much as he claims. I think we all (including you) can agree that assassination is by far the worst spec right now, but for one person to be pulling 5-10k MORE than the BEST specialization? I smell BS.

And when did I ever say I dislike Assassination? I never once insinuated that I dislike the spec. I play combat and prefer combat. But I in no way dislike the other specs. I play the spec I enjoy most, but if one of the others pulled ahead significantly then I would switch to that spec for the sake of my guild's raid. The tone of my post is directed at the person feeding the flubbed numbers. Not the specialization. Try re-reading my posts. And as I said before, I am not basing it purely off the sim numbers. I am also seeing PLENTY of information from rogues using Assassination who are no where near the numbers this rogue is supposedly pulling.

If the poster wants to post pictures of said parses, then I will humbly eat my words and apologize. However, I would assume there will be no evidence of this unattainable parse lol. (I don't blame him either. I wouldn't waste my time posting a picture for someone on a forum even if I was telling the truth.)
    Last edited by Kroen; 2014-11-21 at 08:58 PM.

As Sin, ilvl 626

13-17k depending on fight.

We should pick a heroic fight to compare dps on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirean View Post
    633 ilvl here, 630 & 620 daggers in MH and OH respectively. I play subtlety, because it's (in my opinion) the most enjoyable spec, and I'm glad it's finally the best spec too. On average, I pull around 20k sustained and when bursting with all procs, bl, potion etc, even 40-50k for a brief amount of time. This was in Molten Core with almost full guild group, so no +% dmg buff
    Whats your sub rotation? I am fairly new to rogue. I'm at 630 IL and playing combat/assass. I enjoy assassination and find combat boring but combat dps is slightly higher single target and massively higher aoe.

I havent tried sub because I have no clue what im doing.

Any updated guides on sub for a rotation and what to look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    This thread needs screenshots for proof and indication of whether or not they have the 'looking for group' buff.
    Tbh, the thread is about "what dps in heroics". I assume that's all people have to go by since there are no raids out. More than likely lots of people here are including that buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kroen View Post
    Not at all. When everyone else posting about the spec is talking about how far behind the other 2 specializations it is, and giving their own dps numbers as evidence (not just this post, but posts throughout MMO and WoW Rogue forums), I am not going to believe someone with numbers that outrageous. You may be a good assassination rogue, but pulling DOUBLE the sustained DPS as other rogues of the same spec? That does not happen.

And there is enough evidence to know that Assassination is lagging behind. There have not been significant changes to the spec to say that the sims since they "stopped" testing the spec would have increased as much as he claims. I think we all (including you) can agree that assassination is by far the worst spec right now, but for one person to be pulling 5-10k MORE than the BEST specialization? I smell BS.

And when did I ever say I dislike Assassination? I never once insinuated that I dislike the spec. I play combat and prefer combat. But I in no way dislike the other specs. I play the spec I enjoy most, but if one of the others pulled ahead significantly then I would switch to that spec for the sake of my guild's raid. The tone of my post is directed at the person feeding the flubbed numbers. Not the specialization. Try re-reading my posts. And as I said before, I am not basing it purely off the sim numbers. I am also seeing PLENTY of information from rogues using Assassination who are no where near the numbers this rogue is supposedly pulling.

If the poster wants to post pictures of said parses, then I will humbly eat my words and apologize. However, I would assume there will be no evidence of this unattainable parse lol. (I don't blame him either. I wouldn't waste my time posting a picture for someone on a forum even if I was telling the truth.)
    Pictures of what? 40k+ burst and 20k+ sustained as mut?

Tbh, the thread is about "what dps in heroics". I assume that's all people have to go by since there are no raids out. More than likely lots of people here are including that buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Pictures of what? 40k+ burst and 20k+ sustained as mut?
    Burst is believable. Anyone can reach high burst numbers. I want to see the 30K sustained. You said at the end of the fight you were 30K. That is considered sustained because the boss fights take a couple minutes or more to kill. If the boss was dying in 30 seconds 30k would be more believable.

Deleted
    Munching through gold modes atm playing combat like the other rogues in the gold brackets (hey at least its nice to feel wanted as a melee in CMs!).

I'll link logs when I can - I'm quite aware I make mistakes and priority is always staying alive > dps (these CMs are very brutal to melee.)

Here is Everbloom: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v1KfJXhwgj9TV4AL#

I tried Sin and Sub for previous runs which I sadly didn't log but found them way way underpar compared to what combat was doing both single target and on packs (look at witherbark).

I don't enjoy combat anywhere near as much as Sub but after CMing for hours sub just doesnt come close sadly. :<

Edit - Iron Docks gold -

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...a#type=summary

DPS is hugely skewed due to Iron Stars on the trash but I'm pretty sure I was a solid 2nd/3rd place there out the dps.

On a side note the amount of 1 shotting cleave coming your way in this CM made it one of the biggest thrill rides I've ever had as a melee. Dodge dodge dodge.
    Last edited by mmoc4697126d35; 2014-11-21 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Iron Docks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riGGz0r View Post
    Whats your sub rotation? I am fairly new to rogue. I'm at 630 IL and playing combat/assass. I enjoy assassination and find combat boring but combat dps is slightly higher single target and massively higher aoe.

I havent tried sub because I have no clue what im doing.

Any updated guides on sub for a rotation and what to look out for?

This is how I start fights:

ToTT -> prepot -> stealth -> premed+snd -> shadowstep + ambush -> rupture -> shadow dance -> spam ambush and evis, but wait with last ambush until very last second of shadow dance

During this FW, I try to fit in 1-2 more eviscerates, and after it's over, I refresh my snd and rupture. When it's finished, vanish, prem+ambush, spam eviscerates until fw is over, after that preparation and repeat this once more.

Soon after that, my shadow dance comes up again, so it's basically what I wrote above again.

I use my potion together with shadow dance and multistrike trinket (so basically 3rd shadow dance, i got the 90sec CD on-use one) and vanish/prep on CD.

Otherwise, my rotation is simple:
    1) Keep SnD up
    2) Keep rupture up, or if the mob will die within few seconds, at least bleed from hemorrhage
    3) Evis at 5 CP on 1-3 targets, keep crimson tempest debuff up on 3 targets and spam CT on 4+ targets instead of eviscerate
    4) Spam backstab (1 target), or fan of knives (2+ targets)

I am sure there are still improvements to be made, especially the opening sequence, but I will look into that more shortly before Highmaul unlocks.

Oh and by the way, I don't know if it's bug or not (it seems to be), you can stack combo points via HaT before fight, just like in cata. Simply ask any healer to put down healing rain / sanctuary / mushroom / some aoe heal several times and you will be at 5 combo points, and possibly even at 5 anticipation stacks

Deleted
    Shit DPS is what im pulling off compared to most classes.