Deleted

Garrison build order

I have upgraded garrison tier 3, and now I am waiting for Lumber Mill to generate enough GR for Trading Post, which is slow. There is not really anything I can do with my garrison anymore. I am just trying to make money, not raid etc. Is my build order flawed? I built LM as first medium building when it was possible. I am getting TP because then I can trade GR into savage blood which have 1000-4000g price in the AH.

I did mine in the same order. Go to Stormshield and buy the treasure maps from the archy vendor. Go to each zone and hunt down the treasures. They can give allot of resources, as well as killing rares. That should get you your TP, and then the GR really start to roll in.

I regret upgrading my storehouse to level 2. Would probably have enough to level up my garrison by now if I didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windcraft View Post
    I have upgraded garrison tier 3, and now I am waiting for Lumber Mill to generate enough GR
    Get the follower for LM. It boosts GR generation by 50% (from 20 GR per work order to 30 GR per work order).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...maximize_your/

This guide says that for gold making, the first medium building should be Inn, not Lumber Mill.

The problem with this guide is it uses the inn to have the trait you need for the building that are producing reagent or profession ones, however, you can get most of them by questing. For example, Fiona in Shadowmoon Valley (herbalism) or Lantresor in Nagrand (mining) and I think that it is also the case for almost every profession building.

You also have to take into consideration what they add to your garrison : the herbalist one just allow you to chose what herb you want to produce in the garden (if you are just planning on milling for the DMF trinket, that is useless). The mining one allows you to have mining carts inside your mine, but currently you have them without it.

The inn would be useful for the nice follower trait like epic mount or scavenger but that more useful for raiding than for gold making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umphred View Post
    The inn would be useful for the nice follower trait like epic mount or scavenger but that more useful for raiding than for gold making.
    Technically at lv 3, the Inn provides Treasure Follower Missions that are supposed to reward more gold. However, given all things, I'd rather have either the LM or TP before the Inn.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Get the follower for LM. It boosts GR generation by 50% (from 20 GR per work order to 30 GR per work order).
    Don't think you can get the LM follower until you unlock LM level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Windcraft View Post
    I have upgraded garrison tier 3, and now I am waiting for Lumber Mill to generate enough GR for Trading Post, which is slow. There is not really anything I can do with my garrison anymore. I am just trying to make money, not raid etc. Is my build order flawed? I built LM as first medium building when it was possible. I am getting TP because then I can trade GR into savage blood which have 1000-4000g price in the AH.
    There's a lot wrong here. First off, the Trading Post IS worth a spot - even your first spot. The reason for this is that it generates 30GR/WO, whereas your LM will only generate 20/WO (you don't have the L3 unlocked, so you don't have the follower to boost this to 30). Second, the Trading Post does not give you Savage Blood - not sure why everyone thinks this today.

Further, there are two additional things you can do to generate GR. First, you can use your Large spot on a Stables. Yes, the initial cost (150GR) may not be what you want - but on the first day of having your Stables, you can do 6 dailies worth 50GR each for a whopping 300GR. Subsequent days will give you 6 dailies worth 20GR each, for 120/day. Second, you can make use of the WONDERFUL Handynotes+DraenorTreasures addon to hunt rares and gather treasures. I am sitting on boatloads of GR now because I did this last Saturday and now have everything at L2 with hundreds of GR rolling in every day (566/day with a LM, TP, Stables, and regular generation).