Alchemy totaly destroyed proffesion

With this expansion Blizzard destroyed a couple of professions including Alchemy, alchemy is 100% now useless profession without any chance for earning a gold i mean not a single chance.

Can you care to elaborate? I am alchemy and know all the regular flasks and am now saving up for the greater flasks. Those probably will sell pretty well to raiders, especially ones pushing the cutting edge. And to my knowledge the garrison building cannot produce greater flasks if you are not an alchemist.

Greater flasks have cooldowns, they will be worth a fortune. Relax mate

Alchemy is one of the better professions for making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Greater flasks have cooldowns, they will be worth a fortune. Relax mate
    What's the cooldown out of curiosity? Couldn't find anything on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    What's the cooldown out of curiosity? Couldn't find anything on wowhead.
    Likely a day, same as every other profession's CD.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Alchemycal Catalist mat for 250 stat flask have 24h CD

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    I find Alchemy one of the most useful right now, and the one earning the most money at the moment, given that at most, we have a 5 day creation time for an item.

Other professions have up to 10 days before they can make alot of things.

It's also the only primary professions that can self-sustain it self with materials. All the others seem to require two gathering + the Crafting profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    It's also the only primary professions that can self-sustain it self with materials. All the others seem to require two gathering + the Crafting profession.
    Well to be fair, a lv 2 herb garden w/ follower is typically enough to supply LW, Tailoring, JC decently if you are only looking at daily mat production. Once you get into crafting actual items then yes, these professions are not as self-sustaining.

However, I would like to point out that Alchemy also requires a fair amount of fishing mats for potions.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Alchemycal Catalist mat for 250 stat flask have 24h CD
    And craft in stacks of 4-10. And you get 6x work orders for 1-2 per day. That's 4 crafts for 20/day if your alchemy is maxed and your alchemy follower is at 100.

If you find alchemy is done, you should see tailoring. It takes 10+ days to get enough cloth to make a fricking ilvl640 epic with Stam-Intel + 1 random stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    If you find alchemy is done, you should see tailoring. It takes 10+ days to get enough cloth to make a fricking ilvl640 epic with Stam-Intel + 1 random stat.
    I believe if you wanted to, you could spend Primal Spirits for hexweave cloth (10 spirits for 1 cloth). Granted I wouldn't do this but it is an alternative for you.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I believe if you wanted to, you could spend Primal Spirits for hexweave cloth (10 spirits for 1 cloth). Granted I wouldn't do this but it is an alternative for you.
    The Spirit to Material ratio is not even worth it, honestly. >,<
    And like hell if I'm going to spend the precious Garrison Resources to by Materials either at a low ratio as well.

I'm an Alchemist, Herbalist, with a well-used Herb garden to great extra herbs. My extra buildings are the Enchanting building and the Forge on my Rogue. So far, it's been working gloriously.

Fishing is only needed if you need to make the potions, which are not all that helpful at this time until the Raids open up, or when PVP opens up as well.

That, and F_ck fishing. Boring, tedious, and annoying. (Especially that Mists Fishing daily to get 8 eels that took several hours.)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    That, and F_ck fishing. Boring, tedious, and annoying. (Especially that Mists Fishing daily to get 8 eels that took several hours.)
    Haha, never unlock Nat Pagle. Just don't. You'll /wrists.

Nat's Lucky Coin, that thing you need 100 of for the new water strider mount? You get 1 per lunker catch. I get one lunker every 2.5 hours or so. 62 hours for the 25 coin hat. 250 hours for the mount. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Haha, never unlock Nat Pagle. Just don't. You'll /wrists.

Nat's Lucky Coin, that thing you need 100 of for the new water strider mount? You get 1 per lunker catch. I get one lunker every 2.5 hours or so. 62 hours for the 25 coin hat. 250 hours for the mount. Yeesh.
    Granted, I'm not even 100 yet- spent some time on my alts to get their garrisons going- and I'm by no means an expert at making gold, but...

I did have 600 fishing going into the expansion. A couple of catches gets me a bait and at least an steel hook (if not a worm). That was enough to reliably catch 'enormous' fishes of whatever type (I'd estimate ~75+%. It seemed every 3~4 catches I'd get the common fish or an awesome fish). 20min of fishing in Spires yielded 200 Eel Flesh which I sold for 4000g on my server.

Another 20min ocean fishing got me 200 Scorpion flesh which I turned into 100 Healing Tonics that sold for 5000g.

Granted, last night the prices started plummeting. Tonics are still 20g each and Eel flesh is still 10g or so. It'll likely continue to drop, but I'm hoping once raiding and raiding PvP picks up, fishing will climb again- more demand for pots and, what isn't in real demand (at least on my server) food.

So...this isn't 'fishing is awesome' or anything, but just to explain why I intended to keep fishing throughout the expansion here and there. Nat Pagle's items I'm not going to pursue actively, but if I catch enough lunkers for something... awesome.

By the way, it sounds like you had horrible luck with the coin(s). I read the lunkers are supposed to be ~2.5% catch rate. That's about 2 per hour isn't it?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    By the way, it sounds like you had horrible luck with the coin(s). I read the lunkers are supposed to be ~2.5% catch rate. That's about 2 per hour isn't it?
    312 casts, 3 Lunkers. 950 fishing skill. Others are reporting similar drop rates. If the 2.5% was from beta, either there's a bunch of us that are unlucky, or it's been dropped a bit. I'm sure if I fished in one spot, maximizing the number of casts per hour, it'd be a bit higher than 1/2.5hrs. You can get just under 180 casts in an hour, not counting lures and killing stupid mobs that aggro on you, or other players that want to kill the fishing person.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2014-11-20 at 11:57 PM.