Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

ShadowCraft Discussion Thread

So we stop clogging up Ryme's awesome SimC result thread with ShadowCraft questions, here is a thread for ShadowCraft discussion.

If you see results that seem questionable or find bugs put them here.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Deleted
    As i posted in the wrong thread (sorry Ryme^^) Shadowcraft seems to prefer dagger offhands for combat, at least on weapon ranking.

Actually equipping a dagger and then running shadowcraft shows it as a dps loss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidbawz View Post
    As i posted in the wrong thread (sorry Ryme^^) Shadowcraft seems to prefer dagger offhands for combat, at least on weapon ranking.

Actually equipping a dagger and then running shadowcraft shows it as a dps loss though.
    Thats what I've been seeing as well, I mentioned it to Indz who is looking into the item rank lists because they are behaving very oddly on weapons. I suspect the cause is related to the rank lists being generated by a simple EP computation rather than a full model run and that EP computation doesn't take into account weapon speed. If that is whats going on the engine does agree with SimC's results but the ranking UI isn't accurately reflecting things.
    Last edited by fierydemise; 2014-11-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly irrelevant, but SC is suggesting taladite gems in gear below ilvl 600.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    Mostly irrelevant, but SC is suggesting taladite gems in gear below ilvl 600.
    Same with the heirloom weapons, which wont take them.
    Which in itself is very unclear in the game, as the error message just sais "requires item level 600 or higher" or somesuch, and the items are 620 at 100.
    I presume this is intended due to the 2x guaranteed sockets with bonuses they have compared to new 620 daggers.
    Minor issue though, entry level gear and all.

Deleted
    The crusher enchant isn't shown as an available option for <600 gloves (i.e: T16 set pieces), considering it blows the other available options out of the water, it should be. Also the haste glove enchant is shown as 11 haste vs 25. This will be irrelevant later on once everyone upgrades their gear, but for now it is a minor problem.
    Last edited by mmocc94d07359d; 2014-11-20 at 10:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I cant use SH atm. Oceanic realms are non-existent according to Armory, therefore SH cant bring my character up.

Sucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    So we stop clogging up Ryme's awesome SimC result thread with ShadowCraft questions, here is a thread for ShadowCraft discussion.

If you see results that seem questionable or find bugs put them here.
    I think I've sighted a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    Same with the heirloom weapons, which wont take them.
    Which in itself is very unclear in the game, as the error message just sais "requires item level 600 or higher" or somesuch, and the items are 620 at 100.
    I presume this is intended due to the 2x guaranteed sockets with bonuses they have compared to new 620 daggers.
    Minor issue though, entry level gear and all.
    Heirlooms are in a really weird place. You can't put >600 enchants on them even though they're 620, but you also can't put <600 enchants on them (dancing steel) if you're on a character where they are scaled over 600.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Heirlooms are in a really weird place. You can't put >600 enchants on them even though they're 620, but you also can't put <600 enchants on them (dancing steel) if you're on a character where they are scaled over 600.
    It's telling me that I can enchant them, and gem my Heirloom... And that the 620 is BiS prefor Heroic Warforged weapons... o_o
    Is that simply because that they have 2 gems sockets?

You can Enchant Heirlooms with enchants under item level 600 requirements; Send the Enchant vellum, and the Heirloom to a character under... I want to say 95? 96? (Because of the Item Level scaling of the Heirloom.)

- - - Updated - - -

And updated my Armory, now ShadowCraft is telling me Daggers are BiS for Combat?... Whaaat?

Shadowcraft believes we can gem 2x50 stat gems on them. That's probably why they are listed so high

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffah View Post
    Shadowcraft believes we can gem 2x50 stat gems on them. That's probably why they are listed so high
    Possible... I guess I can go find out.
    I need to start stock-piling gems anyway, I'll buy 1 extra to see if I can throw it into the Heirloom, since they are technically over itemlevel 600. (Being at 620). If that's the case; +100 Mastery stats per Heirloom Dagger for Assassination is insane, and may out-do my 640/630 Slow/Slow Combat.

Edit: Yeah, I can't. Gem Error message "The Item Is Too Low Level To Accept That Gem." on my iLvl 620 Daggers, with a Mastery Taladite that has a requirement for iLvl 600 Weapons.
    Last edited by Nykko; 2014-11-22 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Possible... I guess I can go find out.
    I need to start stock-piling gems anyway, I'll buy 1 extra to see if I can throw it into the Heirloom, since they are technically over itemlevel 600. (Being at 620). If that's the case; +100 Mastery stats per Heirloom Dagger for Assassination is insane, and may out-do my 640/630 Slow/Slow Combat.

Edit: Yeah, I can't. Gem Error message "The Item Is Too Low Level To Accept That Gem." on my iLvl 620 Daggers, with a Mastery Taladite that has a requirement for iLvl 600 Weapons.
    Well technically they have their respective level 90 item level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Well technically they have their respective level 90 item level.
    I can understand that; Still hate it though!...
    A bit more upset that my Legendary Cloak, although still having a proc rate of 3.1, still does not proc what so ever at Level 100. But will proc nearly every time in combat at Level 99.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    I can understand that; Still hate it though!...
    A bit more upset that my Legendary Cloak, although still having a proc rate of 3.1, still does not proc what so ever at Level 100. But will proc nearly every time in combat at Level 99.
    It's supposed to not work at level 100 to not make it mandatory just like the legendary meta gem.

is shadowcraft working? hasnt worked for me on my rogue. just has --- for dps with all my stuff there... says Error contacting backend engine on the right side.

my character is swyftt on korgath.

Having the same problem - error contacting back end.

Also, is there any work around for OC players since the armory isn't working for us? Can't update it, have tried inputting gear manually but things with sockets and "Of the X" items can't be added properly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Having the same problem - error contacting back end.

Also, is there any work around for OC players since the armory isn't working for us? Can't update it, have tried inputting gear manually but things with sockets and "Of the X" items can't be added properly
    My profile seems to be working at the moment.

The drop-down menu does suggest daggers for me, but it comes out behind when I actually select one.

Edit: SC currently reports using the lvl 90 food buff and flask, so I assume it's also using the lvl 90 potions?

SC suggests using Mark of the Shattered hand on both daggers as sub but the bleed just refreshes when it procs. Can anyone more knowledgeable than me or decent at using simcraft tell me if it's actually better to use the 500 mastery proc enchant on one dagger?