Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    And now that everyone can potentially have enchanting, people will just need on anything they can for the mats. Cool. . .

Not a month after Mike Morhaime's statement against harassment only to get so much cases of harassment along with players idea of forcing changes by way of harassment. Sadly Blizzard ban hammer is a pool noodle.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-11-21 at 02:30 AM.

Wow. In other words, the people who want to ninja loot screamed hard enough for Blizzard to change things.

Shame the whiners won their war against personal loot. So many didn't understand how it worked and why it was better. But yes, lets go back to need/greed where the dps roll on spirit/bonus armor gear or a mail pair on pants drop with no mail user in the group. people need to realize that just because you went a whole dungeon run or two without loot, doesn't mean you would have got any loot with need and greed. Statistically, you have way better chance at getting gear with the personal loot option. This isn't raid finder drop chance, the dungeon personal loot chance is far greater.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Need/greed is the best loot system. When I spend time an effort to kill a boss I expect loot to drop, regardless if I can use it or not. Personal loot is extremely boring and unsatisfying. The fact that they even tried to introduce it has obviously caused a stain on the game because now everyone will expect it to be the "norm."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow. In other words, the people who want to ninja loot screamed hard enough for Blizzard to change things.
    Ah how some players immediately jump to blame a group as the sole issue for wanting a change while completely ignoring even the official response.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Shame the whiners won their war against personal loot. So many didn't understand how it worked and why it was better. But yes, lets go back to need/greed where the dps roll on spirit/bonus armor gear or a mail pair on pants drop with no mail user in the group. people need to realize that just because you went a whole dungeon run or two without loot, doesn't mean you would have got any loot with need and greed. Statistically, you have way better chance at getting gear with the personal loot option. This isn't raid finder drop chance, the dungeon personal loot chance is far greater.
    Fight whiners with whining, get ingame and spam those suggestions, also spam @Rygarius on twitter until he loses his mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Ah how some players immediately jump to blame a group as the sole issue for wanting a change while completely ignoring even the official response.
    Which official response? "some people wanted group loot because they were stupid and thought they got less loot on average with personal"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm or deny my question? Will this event happen again next year say if i were to miss this years stuff due to real life happenings? So i could techically get my corgi and mount next year aswell as do the pvp bg?

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    So... just because some people exploited ashran and got conquest gear, all of us will be punished by having our earned conquest points removed? That's fucking dumb!
    The point was that you're not even supposed to be able to earn Conquest points until the start of a PVP season. Everyone is meant to start on a level playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how when it was personal loot I didn't get anything, first night group loot I get four pieces in two runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny my question? Will this event happen again next year say if i were to miss this years stuff due to real life happenings? So i could techically get my corgi and mount next year aswell as do the pvp bg?

It's not impossible but no guarantee. The event lasts until January though so there is plenty of time.

This is so stupid. EVERYONE had a chance to get a piece of loot from one boss. Now you're stuck with one and it might not even be useful to your group. People are just mad they can't get geared in three runs. What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    and we are back to everything getting ninja-looted again. worst change ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    People really need to understand what Ninjaing is. It is not possible to ninja with the need-before-greed system. The loot that drops isn't yours until you win it, even if you believe it's best for you in comparison to everyone else.
    And you need to understand there is idiots who is in there as dps or tank and needs the healing trinket cause reasons, and with this change everyone will need on stuff cause they can turn it into dust.

Well seems I need to find more friends to do dungeons with cause I aint doing this shit in a random anymore.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    Need/greed is the best loot system. When I spend time an effort to kill a boss I expect loot to drop, regardless if I can use it or not. Personal loot is extremely boring and unsatisfying. The fact that they even tried to introduce it has obviously caused a stain on the game because now everyone will expect it to be the "norm."
    This, right here. I resent being called a "whiner" and "stupid," amongst other things, because I have a differing opinion about how a certain aspect of game design feels to me.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Deleted
    Old ninja system back , who makes these idiotic moves ?

if you want personal loot, then choose personal loot. i myself prefer it to need before green in pugs

Was there really a huge backlash against personal loot? I just don't get it, why go back to the old system that made you compete with the people in your group for the same gear? All just so you can see an item on the boss? Even if you couldn't use it to begin with?

Also man, feel bad for those Gladiators that have to roll against tanks now and get chewed apart for doing so. Thanks Blizzard, you're really improving the game experience here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    if you want personal loot, then choose personal loot. i myself prefer it to need before green in pugs
    Problem was this night i was in LFG heroic and i could not change it too personal loot .
    I think they were seeing people getting geared a bit too fast and wanted too put a brake on it .
    Lesser drops means slower gearing meaning stretching content . The lazy bunch strikes again !!!

Oh great, back to need/greed.

At least I got to enjoy a week of getting gear before we go back to having people rolling need on items they don't actually need because they want to shard or vendor it.

we’ve also heard a significant amount of player feedback about how the system feels unrewarding and unsatisfying.
    Calling BS on that one. They must have thought we were gearing up too quickly.