Installing Steam Games Cross-Platform

Couldn't think of a well-fitting title, so here goes:

Long story short is that I have a Windows desktop and a Mac laptop. I do my gaming on the Windows desktop, and, unfortunately, don't have regular access to the internet. However, I am able to frequently use my laptop to download things when I go to other places with WiFi. Because of this, I was wondering...

Would it be possible to download Steam games / patches to my Mac laptop, and transfer and install them to my PC? Would it require me to have Windows on my laptop?

The games in question are games I otherwise have access to (meaning I have legitimately bought them, are in my account, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you will need windows on the mac else it will download the mac version or in the case of no mac version it wont download at all.

It's likely the assets will be cross platform but obviously the executable and shared libraries wont.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Yes you will need windows on the mac else it will download the mac version or in the case of no mac version it wont download at all.
    That's what I assumed. So, if I get Windows on this laptop, I should be able to boot into Windows, download what I need, through said download onto a flash drive, then throw it on the Windows desktop, and it should be able to do it's thing and work? (Assuming I put it in the correct place, etc.) I would assume that would work, just wondering.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2014-11-21 at 03:42 AM.

It will work fine. Just run bootcamp and windows on your mac and copy the entire steam directory to your flash drive.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS