Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    (If you Jwalk, it's not even a misdemeanor in a lot of places, but if you pull out a gun, while Jwalking and shoot someone, it's a felony.)

What exactly was you point?

Yo.. I don't drive without a license. No one is sticking up for anyone here. I don't care what law you break or don't break, that's on you, and ONLY you.. But I won't sit by and let others use unfair means to stop you, if we're ALL supposed to be being held to this "fairness" of a system.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever "helps" helps..But it means nothing if you cannot PROVE it.

It doesn't matter what you know, but what you can PROVE.
    Not quite how it works, champ. When all signs point to one person, they don't need forensic evidence that it was him.

(If you Jwalk, it's not even a misdemeanor in a lot of places, but if you pull out a gun, while Jwalking and shoot someone, it's a felony.)

What exactly was you point?
    I thought my point was clear. Fleeing from police is not a slap on the wrist and has serious consequences that can increase if someone is injured in the process.

Yo.. I don't drive without a license. No one is sticking up for anyone here. I don't care what law you break or don't break, that's on you, and ONLY you.. But I won't sit by and let others use unfair means to stop you, if we're ALL supposed to be being held to this "fairness" of a system.
    You are sticking up for the kids brother. You are encouraging this kid to obstruct justice and not do something that will land his brother in jail. The fact that he has knowledge of this (possibly from his brother) and not turning him in is obstruction.

Whatever "helps" helps..But it means nothing if you cannot PROVE it.

It doesn't matter what you know, but what you can PROVE.
    I wonder if the police could issue an order to have the car impounded, which would pressure someone to come forward.

- - - Updated - - -

You're telling us what the cop saw now?

Objection. Here-say. Thrown-out. Congrats.
    Unless the car had tinted windows it is easy to see if she was driving or not. Was she fumbling to cross over into the passenger seat etc..?

You're telling us what the cop saw now?

Objection. Here-say. Thrown-out. Congrats.
    I'm not testifying, I'm telling you what is entirely likely to happen. Officer testimony is not hearsay.

hmm licence suspended, he runned away from teh cops, hid in teh woods, seems like your brother needs some discipline. I vote get him in the court make him go jail for 6 months.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    First: This isn't a law advice forum. The only realistically reasonable solution is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Get your brother to speak to a Lawyer.
    Second: I've been on the internet too long. I don't believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I thought my point was clear. Fleeing from police is not a slap on the wrist and has serious consequences that can increase if someone is injured in the process.

You are sticking up for the kids brother. You are encouraging this kid to obstruct justice and not do something that will land his brother in jail. The fact that he has knowledge of this (possibly from his brother) and not turning him in is obstruction.
    I'm not encouraging anything but NOT to be a dumb-ass.
    As he already was with not having a license while driving in the first place, this doesn't mean you should keep furthering the idiocy.
    Don't tell the cops anything.
    Get a lawyer.
    ...Doesn't take a genius bro.

I wonder if the police could issue an order to have the car impounded, which would pressure someone to come forward.
    They could.. This would be one of the dirty tricks they would use.

Unless the car had tinted windows it is easy to see if she was driving or not. Was she fumbling to cross over into the passenger seat etc..?
    Maybe it did?

All I know is, he's not in jail, cop doesn't have much otherwise, HE'D BE IN JAIL.

Trust me, if they REALLY want you bad enough.. They'll get you.
    Last edited by Violent; 2014-11-21 at 10:50 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    They could.. This would be one of the dirty tricks they would use.
    I'd say I'm absolutely surprised that this hasn't happened yet, as any car that was used in a police chase would be immediately impounded, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I've been on the internet too long. I don't believe you.
    ...this never happened. I don't believe OP whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Let's backtrack here since you seem to love this straw man argument you have going on:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30728458

See where you went on to insinuate that the guy's brother wouldn't be charged with two felonies? Yeah? You were wrong and no longer addressing the fact that he would indeed receive two felonies for both evasion and reckless driving.
    You insinuated that he would get two counts of evasion, not multiple different charges from the same event.

Pulling someone over is not detainment (which is still being taken into custody). You're not legally obligated to stay at a traffic stop if the officer doesn't state his intentions of either pulling you out of the vehicle for a search/arrest or writing a ticket. You can simply ask "Am I being detained or ticketed?" If they say no, you can legally say "OK bye" and leave.
    If you are in a situation where you would reasonably feel that you aren't free to leave, you are being detained. That is the case for traffic stops.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You insinuated that he would get two counts of evasion, not multiple different charges from the same event.

If you are in a situation where you would reasonably feel that you aren't free to leave, you are being detained. That is the case for traffic stops.
    Something a whole lot of those "am I being free or am I being detained" videos/rants omit.

An officer detaining you doesn't require them to put handcuffs on you. It doesn't require them to arrest you and take you to the station. They can make you wait for a drug dog to arrive. They can make you wait for an additional officer with proper equipment to arrive. You can be in official custody without ever leaving your car. You can be outside your car, talking to an officer or waiting for one to arrive with a breathalyzer and still be in official custody.

It's called an "investigatory detention".

They're required to be temporary and only last as long as necessary to carry out the purpose of the stop, but they are an entirely legal form of detainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Something a whole lot of those "am I being free or am I being detained" videos/rants omit.

An officer detaining you doesn't require them to put handcuffs on you. It doesn't require them to arrest you and take you to the station. They can make you wait for a drug dog to arrive. They can make you wait for an additional officer with proper equipment to arrive. You can be in official custody without ever leaving your car. You can be outside your car, talking to an officer or waiting for one to arrive with a breathalyzer and still be in official custody.

It's called an "investigatory detention".

They're required to be temporary and only last as long as necessary to carry out the purpose of the stop, but they are an entirely legal form of detainment.
    They can't make you wait for drug dogs to arrive. They can use drug dogs during the course of a stop but they can't lengthen the time of detainment in order to get dogs unless they have a reasonable suspicion that you have drugs in the car. There was actually a supreme court case on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your brother is a man and not a boy, which is doubtful given his conduct, he needs to turn himself in.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8