Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stealth randomly breaking

Anyone noticing that stealth is breaking randomly when grouped or not grouped and in world environment or instanced? I haven't narrowed down what is causing it but I keep getting brought out of stealth for no reason which is fairly ridiculous when playing subtlety and relying on a find weakness opener. Going to try to isolate what is causing it but was curious if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Deleted
    No. Not once.

I switched to Sub as soon as I did my first heroic. Have been playing it ever since. There is only one encounter in WoD (that includes trashpacks) where I am taken out of stealth for no apparent reason, and that's Witherbark. And that's not random, it happens every damn time (and annoys the hell out of me). Its one of those stupid "boss wakes up" - thingies.

But no, other than that, I didn't have any issues with stealth.

Yes I get it too. It happens a lot in battlegrounds but it also happened a couple of times leveling.

Deleted
    yep, rogues are shit, blizz will never fix them, you should reroll

7+ Year Old Account
    I got a few tonight too, just randomly in Heroics.

Yeah, had it endlessly while doing Everbloom CM - could not pin down what was causing it.

Additionally, I'm still finding that Restless Blades CD reduction isn't happening every now and then - I'm now fairly convinced it's not just me being stupid, has anyone else experienced this?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    No. Not once.

I switched to Sub as soon as I did my first heroic. Have been playing it ever since. There is only one encounter in WoD (that includes trashpacks) where I am taken out of stealth for no apparent reason, and that's Witherbark. And that's not random, it happens every damn time (and annoys the hell out of me). Its one of those stupid "boss wakes up" - thingies.

But no, other than that, I didn't have any issues with stealth.
    Each time one of the water orbs pops on the trash before him, you get pulled out of stealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yeah, had it endlessly while doing Everbloom CM - could not pin down what was causing it.

Additionally, I'm still finding that Restless Blades CD reduction isn't happening every now and then - I'm now fairly convinced it's not just me being stupid, has anyone else experienced this?
    Spores flying around before Sol?

Quote Originally Posted by FujiwaraTakumi View Post
    Each time one of the water orbs pops on the trash before him, you get pulled out of stealth.
    So they are causing it? Okay...is there any way to prevent that from happening, CloS maybe?

Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Myself and another rogue in my guild were thinking the same, but passed it off as the server delay being shorter making it appear that way. When staring directly at my cool downs I haven't seen it happen.

Sometimes when I sapped someone and pickpocketed him my stealth was broking.

Have no idea why...

Yes, seems to happen to me a lot after vanishing. Maybe mobs not dropping agro?

Constantly getting broken stealth... Bothers the crap out of me when im walking up to a pack to sap and all of a sudden im aggroing everything.

Stealth is breaking when I recup. Does it 100% of the time for me.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    I'm having Stealth break on my in various, though random locations. Nothing in combat log even hitting me. Nothing around me... But it happens a lot... World and Dungeons.

Stealth, and eating, both are breaking when ever I get Stamina buffs from Warlocks / Priests / Warrior's.

penance make u get out of stealth too =|

I can't recall all areas but I can say for instance in Nagrand there are a few areas that you have a buff (can't member name, its the one with the swordish icon that stacks to 5 and slows). The buff procs off pickpocket and when it does it breaks stealth. I can't think of any other things atm but I'm sure there are more things like that. So next time you notice is, see if its a buff gain, or something nearby etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astearic View Post
    I can't recall all areas but I can say for instance in Nagrand there are a few areas that you have a buff (can't member name, its the one with the swordish icon that stacks to 5 and slows). The buff procs off pickpocket and when it does it breaks stealth. I can't think of any other things atm but I'm sure there are more things like that. So next time you notice is, see if its a buff gain, or something nearby etc.
    There has been times I've been able to figure it out, but more times than that, Nothing on the Interface, nothing on the HUD, nothing in the Games, or Addon's combat log.

With a little bit of looking into, it seems to be Spells that are doing "Aura" SpellID's as a Radius effect from events. As oppose to "Apply Effect" SpellID's that don't seem to break.

Deleted

Answer to: stealth randomly breaking

DELETEdddddddddd
    Last edited by mmoc37a3c083b2; 2014-11-23 at 03:45 AM.

That is one issue. It is not all the issues. I've had cancel stealth/subterfuge macros on everything for a long time, it still breaks. It also breaks if you don't have subterfuge, stand around and don't do anything, etc. It also breaks for Druids and Hunters (camo).

And it breaks now more than it did in MoP.