Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Ret is ok but...

Playing one is just super whack-a-mole.

This leads to boredom, which just leads to not caring.

How do you guys play your ret? Now im not much of a melee player, and on my dk and ret I just mash buttons all day it's what I'm used to. How is your buttons set up? What add-ons?

Do you get into a trance from the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post

How do you guys play your ret? Now im not much of a melee player, and on my dk and ret I just mash buttons all day it's what I'm used to. How is your buttons set up? What add-ons?

I play it primarily in pvp, where you provide a lot of utility outside of your dps, which makes the lotterotation a little more interesting. In pve it is godawful, i agree. (It is considerably better than arms though)

As for my buttons, my power generators are mouse buttons, and spenders are 2/3. Not too complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it is kind of boring, I actually miss Inq as much as I understand why it was removed. It gave me something extra to keep an eye on. I use CLCRet with the updated t16 string and this makes it even more monotonous, if I can use such a word, to the point where as you say: if it glows, it's time to use it.
    I guess the only real skill, all be it a very slight one, is to remove an addon like CLC and figure out when to use Exo, and when to spend your combo points wisely on the correct option depending on your gear (2/4pc t16) and or talent (HoW/TV)

I'm seriously considering going back to Feral, but time will tell.

I'd rather have it be a bit monotonous than have Blizz add complexity for the sake of complexity and end up with something like Inq again.

What class isn't whack-a-mole? All classes follow a priority list and have procs that make you adapt. The alternative is something like fire mage where you just spam a filler spell and use your procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Inq was "complex" or "complexity"?

0_o

Maybe go play Clickerheroes, the rotation there might suit you better...

Can you for the love of God, stop whining about pointless fucking things?!

2 Weeks ago everyone was praising Blizzard for removing Inq, and that people cant wait etc, now they want it back??!?
    WHAT DO YOU EVEN MEAN?
    I mean ret rotation is the same, just we dont have Guardian to pop now, and inq, aka 2 less buttons, nothing much changed.
    Just, please stop whining about everything possible, im amused with reasons people come here to whine, are you so bored. God damn.

#worth @suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

you guys mean to say ret wasnt boring WITH inq?

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    you guys mean to say ret wasnt boring WITH inq?
    inq made it more boring, it was another button to push for the sake of another button to push(and fit on your 50 bars)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Inquisition. No longer requires holy power.

I just fixed rets.

Deleted
    Now im not much of a melee player, and on my dk and ret I just mash buttons all day it's what I'm used to
    Think I'll open a thread in the mage forum tonight "hey guys I rarely play my mage and don't really know what I'm doing but I find spamming frostbolt all day really boring"

Some of you guys never cease to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, Ret is to easy?

Empowered Seals are there in the corner waving for you.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Deleted
    1) Inquisition was not hard or added any real extra complexity.
    2) All specs pretty much are in the same boat of having a very basic playstyle in WOD.

1) Inquisition was not hard or added any real extra complexity.
    But it was hella clunky and felt like a spell that was there just for the sake of having another spell. I'm really glad it's gone.

Are you referring to playstyle on live?
    You know spells got pruned because of the expansion, so the playstyle will be different @ 100.

Even currently the only changes is no Inq and no GoAK afaik, so no big deal right?

At level 100 you can make it as hard as you want.

Spec Seraphim and you're back to somewhat inq was
    Spec Final Verdict + perk and Divine Storm comes into your rotation (If you was not familiar with T16 4pc)
    Spec Emp Seals and you can seal dance, which requires some skill

On a side note HoW is possible on targets below 35% with the WoD perk.

I feel most sorry for firemages and hunters with the pruning.
    Last edited by Ninthelora; 2014-10-28 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Are you referring to playstyle on live?
    You know spells got pruned because of the expansion, so the playstyle will be different @ 100.

Even currently the only changes is no Inq and no GoAK afaik, so no big deal right?

At level 100 you can make it as hard as you want.

Spec Seraphim and you're back to somewhat inq was
    Spec Final Verdict + perk and Divine Storm comes into your rotation (If you was not familiar with T16 4pc)
    Spec Emp Seals and you can seal dance, which requires some skill

On a side note HoW is possible on targets below 35% with the WoD perk.

I feel most sorry for firemages and hunters with the pruning.
    Yeah seriously, are people really complaining about Ret at 90? With Seraphim and EmpS you basically have Inquisition, with more complication actually, and FV is not totally mindless either due to the DS interaction. Once you get your set-bonuses it becomes even more demanding, and even when these bonuses are gone, it's very unlikely that future bonuses will be completely mindless. AND if all that is still too boring, you can always keep an eye our for a good time to Selfless Healer someone, not to mention other forms of utility.

Yes, some of the other specs do reward skill more, but that usually has to do with broken mechanics that are wrongly justified as being reasonable due to requiring more skill, such as the various atrocities that have been possible with combustion over the years, as well as other DoT-related nonsense, which might take some skill and luck, but is still broken. With the end of snap-shoting, other specs will fall back in line in WoD, hopefully.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2014-10-28 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah seriously, are people really complaining about Ret at 90?
    Well i believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    With Seraphim and EmpS you basically have Inquisition,
    The point was to have it gone, but with the lvl 100 talents its just inquisition in another form :S

Yeah, I completely agree. I read all these other posts from other players and agree that if you barely played it and then posted a thread then that's a no-no. However you ARE 100% correct. I played ret since BC and watched it evolve from a simple standard 2H warrior with healing & utility, to being an OP monster at pre-WLK, to being still very OP during WLK, and then pre-Cata thru Cata the changes to holy power. I gotta say, holy power was a huge turn off for me.

Although I agree before having holy power it was very overpowered, we just had so many abilities it was hard to tone it down. I mean honestly, that is what you are- a warrior class (which is brutal in it's own) that can heal it's self as good as a healer and unlimited amount of healer utility. So Blizzard slapped on a holy power mechanic.

Getting off topic here, sorry. When I quit playing WoW for 2 years (skipped all of MoP) and came back I felt like I was just hitting procs constantly in Jade Forest when trying to level up. So much so that it was actually confusing and boring. I always had a heal proc, always had a damage proc, and most times proc'd all at once. In the mean time you're not really learning a 'rotation' because you're always filled up with procs that don't seem to go away whilst your main mechanics such as Judgement and Crusader strike are not being pressed as frequently as the procs themselved. I was getting to the point -NO JOKE- where I wished I didn't have a proc so that I could finally hit crusader strike again. I like hitting enemies with my sword not blasting them in the face with a beam of light constantly like I'm some kind of holyfire priest.

Now I have no complaints on this class as far as "please change this Blizzard". My post is input in agreeing with you that it is a lot like whackamole. The class has changed and it's not my playstyle so I sadly no longer play it. But I don't think it should be changed- it's just a very proc based class that others may find enjoyable. Personally I moved onto Prot which was my other spec throughout all the expansions and it's very fun to play. Holy is meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Ret is kind of linear and boring to play at the moment, especially when you get to high amounts of haste. With t17 though, we will be tracking so many buffs and procs that the spec will have some diversity, this greatly benefits me as it will weed out all the shit Rets.

It's not as dull as other specs.