Deleted

Stopcasting macro, working as intended?

Hey!

Boosted a lvl 90 hunter and got it up to 100 so i don't have alot of experience with the hunter class !

In any case, i created a macro for my interrupt -- (I cant for the life of me remember the name of the spell, or find it on google.. i suck. But servers are down so we'll call it silencing shot for now.)

My macro looks like this

/stopcasting
    /cast Silencing Shot

Now this works as intended, even if i'm casting an aimed shot or a steady shot, i will instantly cancel it and cast away the silencing shot.
    It felt very great having this macro so i tried making a few more.

/stopcasting
    /cast Chimaera Shot

For some reason, that WILL not work for me.. It does not cancel my casts, and i can't figure out why.
    At first i thought it might have something to do with chimaera being on cooldown making the macro not work, or that i had to wait for globalcd before cancelling the cast.

But no, i could not get it to work.

Same with
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

That doesn't work either, and i don't know why.

Is there anyone that knows why theese two macros doesn't work while the macro for silencing shot does work?
    As i said, very new to hunter so this might have been like this forever

Deleted
    Try adding another line of /stopcasting and check for typos.

It's because /stopcasting does not reset GCD - Counter Shot (the Hunter interrupt ability) like all other interrupts is not on GCD, while damaging abilities like Chimaera or Kill Shot are.

The macro for interrupt works fine, because both /stopcasting and /cast Counter Shot can be performed simultaneously, as neither triggers GCD. The two other abilities do not work, as they are intended to trigger GCD. Press the button twice and it should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Try adding another line of /stopcasting and check for typos.
    This should do the trick.

Deleted
    I see, thanks alot for the information!
    Will try this out as soon as the servers go live again

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I see, thanks alot for the information!
    Will try this out as soon as the servers go live again
    FYI, the reason that hunters always need two /stopcasting lines is that the first /stopcasting line always stops auto shot, while the 2nd will stop whatever actual ability you are casting.