Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say what's happened to me and what it makes me feel about personal loot but I completely realize this is rng and usually not likely the case, but I've gotten 3 upgrades from heroics total with personal loot, I almost never get loot from something that isnt the final boss, and when I do, its a piece I already have. Its extremely frustrating to do a 30 to 50 minute heroic depending on derps in lfg and then get rewarded with an amazing 11 draenic dust from disenchanting if I'm lucky. I just want to get the gear to raid and I have gotten almost nothing useful whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwingrr View Post
    I'm going to say what's happened to me and what it makes me feel about personal loot but I completely realize this is rng and usually not likely the case, but I've gotten 3 upgrades from heroics total with personal loot, I almost never get loot from something that isnt the final boss, and when I do, its a piece I already have. Its extremely frustrating to do a 30 to 50 minute heroic depending on derps in lfg and then get rewarded with an amazing 11 draenic dust from disenchanting if I'm lucky. I just want to get the gear to raid and I have gotten almost nothing useful whatsoever.
    Yea there is like 2 pieces I need from first bosses in heroics and I have yet to upgrade them. At least with NBG, loot drops from EACH boss are guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwingrr View Post
    The drop chance is 20% except on the last boss where it is 100%.

Exactly how many items do you expect to get per run? 2? That's more than you would get on the average. 3? 5? 50? Would you like the entire loot table placed directly in your bags?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea there is like 2 pieces I need from first bosses in heroics and I have yet to upgrade them. At least with NBG, loot drops from EACH boss are guaranteed.
    And with a loot table that has 5 pieces on it, one of which you can use, there is a 20% chance you will get a piece you can roll on.

OH WAIT. THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS PERSONAL LOOT except that with personal loot YOU DON'T HAVE TO ROLL FOR IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    The drop chance is 20% except on the last boss where it is 100%.

Exactly how many items do you expect to get per run? 2? That's more than you would get on the average. 3? 5? 50? Would you like the entire loot table placed directly in your bags?

- - - Updated - - -

And with a loot table that has 5 pieces on it, one of which you can use, there is a 20% chance you will get a piece you can roll on.

OH WAIT. THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS PERSONAL LOOT except that with personal loot YOU DON'T HAVE TO ROLL FOR IT.
    Except in non wod dungeons, not every boss has 5 pieces on their loot tables. Some bosses have 3 or 2 pieces, and some bosses even have 1 piece. Only the last bosses have 3-5+ pieces on their loot table. I would rather want each boss to DROP loot even if I can't use it. I can't remember for sure but I think the last bosses always drop 2+ pieces in heroics.

just have another dps warrior take your tank loot for the 10th time in 1 day.. and you will know why..

graphs dont mean shit when you are grouped with dicks

Deleted
    Just some answers to some questions:

1. I got those equations my own with medicore mathematic and statistic skills. the are however not perfectly correct (I know how to improve them to be correct but would be 4 times as long and wouldn't result ina big difference... so I stayed with these e.g. NL: each time a perosn got a item, the amount of slots for usefull loot should be reduced by one... instead of just ^x would be a sum of 7 Products)

2. yes I asume all slots will be equally served..... I thook that from my eyperience from running hc instances. except I never git a chest.... which was a bug in personal loot...

3. @masterdinan, what you said is exactly what the numbers show ^^

That is because you got lucky this week? Blizzard repeatedly said there is no difference in # loot for PL and ML (on average)
    and to those saying PL got a 20% chance...

Please proof where and when Blizz said that.

I took 25% as, as far as I remember, this was the chance for lot to drop of LFR in DS..... and I guess it stayed the same in LFR over the time...
    In my experience it could be close to 25% but I really doupt it is as low as 20% or in average the same as normal loot.

Raid yesterday: 33 pieces of loot from 4 bosses...... with 30 ppl in raid. PL used.
    If the chance was as low as 20% you would expect 24 pieces of loot.... (20%*30 =6 pieces per boss, times 4 bosses =24)
    the difference is just too big although the exampel amount is still a bit low... but 120 random drop events is quite a number, where you can fairly say, that the chance of PL being 20% is really really low.... whereas 25% seems quite accurate... but I still believe it might be higher....

Well: another thought of mine....
    If any of you will have twink runs.... and might be supportet by mains... which don't need loot..... never use PL.... xD I've seen ppl in SoO doing this... and I went MEGA PACEPALM..... explanation: if just 1/2 of the people in your raid need loot.... all PL to the other half of the raid will be disenchanted.... if you use nromal loot, all dropped items can be used to gear your twinks,....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Did normal in a guild today, 25 man, first 2 bosses we did personal loot, 1 item dropped off each boss... I shit you not, 2 bosses, 25 raiders, 2 pieces of loot, we quickly went to nb4g rest of the raid.
    Because people forgot to loot and then suddenly found items in their mailbox?
    We did all bosses on normal yesterday with PL, 29 man, lowest 4 and highest 8 pieces per boss, which averages perfectly around 20%... however, we had like 11 extra rnd pieces from trash mobs (which I do amount to our PL loot luckers), increasing overall effective loot to around 2 pieces per person, which is more than you can expect from group loot on 7 bosses i guess.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble with PL, it's not rare for a boss not to drop anything, or bless player X with the same peice of loot for the Nth time - I gathered 5 identical head pieces when pugging. PIeces that other group members were there for....jolly. Noon in their right mind, will risk raiding premades with personal loot on. Funny how Blizz instead of either fixing their algorithms - just doing some rather basic maths, simply acts like a schizophrenic depending on how loud people scream. Oh well....less pugs, happier me.

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Trouble with PL, it's not rare for a boss not to drop anything, or bless player X with the same peice of loot for the Nth time - I gathered 5 identical head pieces when pugging. PIeces that other group members were there for....jolly. Noon in their right mind, will risk raiding premades with personal loot on. Funny how Blizz instead of either fixing their algorithms - just doing some rather basic maths, simply acts like a schizophrenic depending on how loud people scream. Oh well....less pugs, happier me.
    If we are talking about 5 people and a 20% drop chance, the chance of there being no loot is:

(.8 ^ 5) = .32. So, if "one third of the time" is "not rare," then there you go.

The chance of dropping 1 piece of loot: (.2 * .8 ^ 4) * 5 = .4

But wait! That means there's a 1 - .72 = .28 = 28% chance of MORE THAN ONE PIECE OF LOOT! YAH BABY!

We did Kargath last night, 10 man, PL: only one person got an item.

We now go back to NbG, at least is a 100% thing that 2 items will drop from the boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    But then again I don't ever remember people complaining about the NBG system before PL was introduced. So it probably wasn't as bad as people seem to be claiming.
    I remember. Because i complained. I didn't complain about NBG, i complained about ninjas and greedy assholes. For me blizzard didn't need to change NBG to PL, they could as well track ninjalooting and put ninjas into their own groups where they can ninja each other and not annoy the not asshole-players.

I don't care how the situation is dealt with, i care that is is dealt with. Thanks blizzard. I like my groups a lot more now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I remember. Because i complained. I didn't complain about NBG, i complained about ninjas and greedy assholes. For me blizzard didn't need to change NBG to PL, they could as well track ninjalooting and put ninjas into their own groups where they can ninja each other and not annoy the not asshole-players.

I don't care how the situation is dealt with, i care that is is dealt with. Thanks blizzard. I like my groups a lot more now.
    But the thing is you can't even roll need on everything. There is only certain situations where you can ninja. And even then, people don't always ninja EVERY and ANY chance they get. Like if a plate helm with dodge dropped, and there is a prot warrior and ret pal in the group, only they are able to roll. If the ret pal isn't a moron then he will pass to the warrior, or ninja loot ofc. People claim players yell offspec and roll need, but come on how often does that bs happen, when the tank clearly needs for his ms.