Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are you happy with your class choice in WoD?

I'm really curious every expansion usually means lots of players rerolling to a new main but after reaching level 100 are you happy about it?
    Or would you rather consider a other class now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trickzzz View Post
    I'm really curious every expansion usually means lots of players rerolling to a new main but after reaching level 100 are you happy about it?
    Or would you rather consider a other class now?
    I'm playing my pally again, whch I stopped playing after holy power came in as I was horribad, and to be honest I'm quite enjoying ret now, just ignore HP and treat it as a proc really when it gets to 3 no real reason to use it earlier. Actually quite fun now they ditched the annoying part of the "rotation".

Not played holy (used to be my main) so cant comment on that yet, have to see how it goes.

Doesn't seem like anyone in the guild is a healer or tank. Wish I knew that beforehand or I would have leveled something other than my hunter.

I know when I start playing WoD it will be a rogue like it has been since vanilla. So even if it's terrible, I'm locked in.

Im playing my RetPal since they became useful (OP) at 3.0 and continued on the path of light since then and never regretted it.

Not really, I went with my mage, which I've never played much before and won't play much again. Leveled it to hundred but realised I don't even enjoy the mage that much. Apart from that I got like 7 years of playing as a hunter, which I am now getting back to and leveling instead. Level 95 atm, but such a smoother class for me in terms of playstyle and experience. Marksmanship is a godsend compared to that terrible frost I played.

Playing my shaman (Enh) that I played with in MoP. Happy with class choice, yes. Happy with how they are performing, nope.

I switched from my hunter back to my Druid. While I do enjoy the better DPS on my hunter, I enjoy the hell out of the healing on my feral druid. I've tried resto but my god, so many people standing in shit that takes soo much damage and makes me drain my mana is terrible. But then again I never liked resto, feral/guardian was my favorite spec.

Deleted
    Switched from my vanilla war tank, main and only char until MOP, to my new made MOP mage, and very happy so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I'm playing my pally again, whch I stopped playing after holy power came in as I was horribad, and to be honest I'm quite enjoying ret now, just ignore HP and treat it as a proc really when it gets to 3 no real reason to use it earlier. Actually quite fun now they ditched the annoying part of the "rotation".

Not played holy (used to be my main) so cant comment on that yet, have to see how it goes.
    I can't find to like ret it feels very week outside of cooldowns and even worse without enough hp to spam TV

@Laukkanen

Pretty much did the same in MoP with Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Playing my shaman (Enh) that I played with in MoP. Happy with class choice, yes. Happy with how they are performing, nope.
    I've been leveling my shaman (ele), but I'm probably going to abandon her at 100. Having come back to the game after 3.5 years, the class feels gutted to me and she's woefully underperforming compared to my druid (feral) or paladin (ret).

It's disappointing, but I'm not too broken up about it since druid is my true love.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I've been maining my warrior since 2005 and have never regretted that. Also: fury is quite fun right now, even in PvP situations. Arms is boring as hell, and I hate tanking in general, but I'm pretty happy with playing Fury right now. I'm just sticking with TG until I hit 100 and get a couple of nice 1h weapons, then I'm switching to those because SMF is what I really want to play.

The only problem I've had so far is 1+ hour queues for dungeons. I still have yet to run a WoD dungeon because I saw that long queue and said "fuck it" last time I tried. My guildies keep telling me to just spec protection and tank if I don't like it, but I'm not doing that. It's their loss since they're not getting my mad DPS.

My only "serious" alts (by "serious" I mean the only alts I ever bother to level cap) over the years have been my holy paladin and affliction warlock. I'll probably work on those next. Not only do I enjoy playing the warlock/paladin, but between those two and my warrior, I can cover pretty much any role that's needed. I have my warrior if we need someone to dish out pain, my pally if we need a healbot/meatshield, and warlock if we need pewpewlazers.

The only thing I can't cover is ranged physical DPS, but my guild has never had any shortage of good hunters, and I hate playing hunters anyway, so I CBA to bother with that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-21 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Ret Paladins everywhere....

I'm a rogue. I like rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing my subtlety rogue, as a pvper, I'm pretty happy I get shat on by DKs, but other than that, and maybe feral/rets, I'm doing really good in pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've mained a warrior, and have been leveling him as prot. It's been fine and I don't mind tanking, but the thought of having to prot spec dps (and most likely prot spec dps in pvp) when I'm not tanking is a mental turn-off for me. I'll definitely be playing more of my paladin, feral druid, and monk soon after.

As of right now, I just can't say with 100% certainty what I'll stick to for the expansion, but it's been super fun regardless, oddly enough.

My paladin has always been my "main", largely for nostalgia reasons, but I have alts of every class, most of which I play actively over the course of an expansion. I will say that WoD is the first expansion that's made me change my mind on which character to focus on. I adored the playstyle of Warlocks in MoP, but their design in WoD has regressed so much that I doubt I'll be playing mine seriously (I'd planned to level her first prior to the pre-patch).

Casters in general are just a lot less fun and clunkier to play, especially in the solo questing environment that WoD puts a lot of emphasis on. The lack of mobility sucks away the fun factor hard, and since many overworld mobs have knockbacks, interrupts, or attacks that require movement to avoid, a class that's reliant on standing still with no instant filler ability ends up with a lot of tedious and aggravating downtime.

Yes about 2 months before WoD came out, I dedicated myself to really picking between my alts. I have a level 90 of every class but warrior. I didn't want to play them all in WoD, mainly because I want to not neglect my garrisons.

So for 2 months, I took each out for a test drive. Over and over. When 6.0 hit, I did again. Over and over. The goal was to look for "the fun", in the rotation, the aesthetics, everything.

Yes knowing how badly I bounce back and forth between alts, I gave myself plenty of time to really focus on what I find "fun".

Narrowed it down to 3, a main and 2 alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW Monk here. While I'm disappointed with some of the changes as well as not being able to punish rogues for trinketing my paralyze by killing them in a Leg Sweep + Fists of Fury combo, I'll still be sticking with monk most likely unless I get shat on too hard in arena due to weak defensives. If that's the case then I'll either lvl up my mage, boomkin or rogue.

I played Beta and rerolled Before the launch so yeah im happy, knew what was coming

Deleted
    I'm happy that I've stuck with playing a monk. Windwalker and Brewmaster are both relatively unchanged, and I am really liking serenity in both specs.