Poll: Which race is the strongest in term of brute strength?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which race is the strongest in term of brute strength?

Hey everyone, so which race in warcraft history you think is the strongest in term of raw brute strength?

Keep in mind this topic is not about skills or experience or courage it's about pure raw physical strength.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

I'd say Gronn, if we're talking in terms of pure physical strength. Ogres are strong, but I doubt they could stand up to Gronn when it comes to brute strength. I voted "others" because of Gronn.

Out of just playable races, probably Tauren. I think a good Tauren could easily beat the others at arm wrestling or powerlifting. If a tree fell on me, and I had to choose a playable race from WoW to lift it off me, I'd probably choose a Tauren.

If I really wanted to be an unfair smartass, I could say Titan.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-21 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taurens, they are walking siege units
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Tied between Pandaren, Draenei, and Tauren, in no specific order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warregory View Post
    Pandaren?

Pandaren?

Pandaren over Ogres... Or Orcs... really?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those Iron giants in Ulduar

The titans made them out of metal. would be so much heavier than rocks so stronger than stone giants. They would also be the strongest in terms of endurance and toughness. Metal can't be damaged as easily as flesh and also metal doesn't get tired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warregory View Post
    When did Pandas or those expert chickens show any feat of strength ?
    I understand why Taurens, but since when Pandaren or Draenei known for strength? Orcs beat them easily
    If you really want an alliance race, put dwarfs, who are still weaker than Vyrkul or Taurens ( a Vyrkul literally stomp over a dwarf in Wrathgate video)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones listed Ogres. No idea why Tauren is winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Pandaren?

Pandaren?

Pandaren over Ogres... Or Orcs... really?
    Dude you don't know what drunken rage can do to a man. But that being said, since pandaren suck they never were under effect of real drunken rage.

I'd say Tauren.

Also didn't races use to have higher base stats than other races? I wonder which race has the highest base strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Dude you don't know what drunken rage can do to a man. But that being said, since pandaren suck they never were under effect of real drunken rage.
    Hey now... The Pandaren are obviously immune to drunken rage because they're just so good at... uhm... that harmony stuff, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about forsaken? as their arms have no muscles, their bodies have as much strength as they THINK they have, making forsaken monks (like myself) a very scary thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hey now... The Pandaren are obviously immune to drunken rage because they're just so good at... uhm... that harmony stuff, or whatever.
    Actually its because alcohol can't find it's way to they brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Of the ones listed Ogres. No idea why Tauren is winning.
    Taurens are bigger and taller and more muscular than Ogres, review wowpedia if you wish
    However they aren't stronger than Grons, a possibility I didn't think about
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You mean they did ANYTHING beside sleep, brew, eat noodles, more sleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspias View Post
    What about forsaken? as their arms have no muscles, their bodies have as much strength as they THINK they have, making forsaken monks (like myself) a very scary thought.
    Forsaken have very high - maybe highest of all playable races - resistance to physical pain, but that isn't related to how much strength they have, in fact, they are considered one of weakest physical horde race of all 5 races in horde (when Horde guide book was out), they are still VERY scary because they see alliance as open buffet (wonder if they prefer dark meat or white meat)
    Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Forsaken have very high - maybe highest of all playable races - resistance to physical pain, but that isn't related to how much strength they have, in fact, they are considered one of weakest physical horde race of all 5 races in horde (when Horde guide book was out), they are still VERY scary because they see alliance as open buffet (wonder if they prefer dark meat or white meat)
    Sadly most humanoids have red meat, arrakoa is delicious though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspias View Post
    Sadly most humanoids have red meat, arrakoa is delicious though!
    Draenei have blue meat. I think night elves might have purple, they had purple blood in WC3.

Tauren, no question.

Mainly because Cairne was such a monster in Reign of Chaos. Tenth Level Tauren Chieftain > anything else in a 1 vs. 1, proven fact! Pure strength.

And even if we ignore the RTS, just look at those muscles

Also Garrosh, who was a ridiculous beast hismelf, could only win against him through poison.
    Last edited by Malacras; 2014-11-22 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Who in their right mind would not consider Vrykul for the title of 'the Strongest'? We aren't talking relative strength here and while Tauren may be bulky and Ogres tall and heavy, Vrykul are taller and I dare to say stronger. I have no proof, of course. It is just that I doubt a race of norse giants, living in a society where being the strongest possible warrior is all that counts would be physically inferior to Tauren or Ogres, let alone orcs who are maybe half the height of a vrykul.

15+ Year Old Account
    isn't it obvious the Titan's are the strongest brute strength race?

Even the Burning Legion fear the Titan's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the ones listed, Ogres (They are a giant race), followed by Tauren (Also a giant race. Not correctly shown in-game, but Taurens are about as tall as Vrykul/Ogres in lore), and then Vrykul (Who are also a giant race, but supposedly smaller then Ogres)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.