Am i tripping or what? (Cms)

So im healing a challenge mode on my druid and i was under the impression that im at least competent enough to do this. I heal heroics with mind numbing ease and i realize its supposed to be a "challenge" but i cant seem to get in a successful group. im pulling like 22k+ healing at the least but were still wiping on bosses. Dps are around 11k but everyone seems to take a lot of damage. Is it just me or is this a problem with dps/tanks?

That is a problem for the dps/tanks. They arent doing their jobs to mitigate damage on their end.

DPS problem for sure, 11k is terrible.

nah, some bosses and pulls take up to 35k hps just to kill the boss (possibly mroe if you're doing big pulls and going for golds, but I wouldnt know), even with decent dodging, but it sounds like everyone in your group could be doing better, and they probably could take less for you to get through

DPS is about 60% of what you'd expect in a normal boss fight (~20K) for most classes.
    That said, healers do have to go to 25-30K on most bosses. Most intense one so far (skyreach second) was a +40K hps fight for me.

I finish CMs on my mistweaver just fine (the worst healing class for CMs). You are playing a druid, arguably the best healer for CMs.

On average, I have about 27-30k hps by the end of most boss fights. Is mana an issue, or is it just a straight numbers issue? Check if your gear follows resto druid stat priority for the most part. All my gear also has gem sockets as well, which really helps. Even on one fight, i remember getting 35k Hps.

I heard similar numbers from other healers who do CMs every day.
    The dps could be improved from 11k as well, but 11-12k dps is actually kinda okay, if proper mechanics are being followed
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I finish CMs on my mistweaver just fine (the worst healing class for CMs). You are playing a druid, arguably the best healer for CMs.

On average, I have about 27-30k hps by the end of most boss fights. Is mana an issue, or is it just a straight numbers issue? Check if your gear follows resto druid stat priority for the most part. All my gear also has gem sockets as well, which really helps. Even on one fight, i remember getting 35k Hps.

The dps could be improved from 11k as well, but 11-12k dps is actually kinda okay, if proper mechanics are being followed
    Er... gem sockets are disabled in Challenge modes?
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Sockets/tertiary stats are disabled for CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    DPS is about 60% of what you'd expect in a normal boss fight (~20K) for most classes.
    That said, healers do have to go to 25-30K on most bosses. Most intense one so far (skyreach second) was a +40K hps fight for me.
    20k i CM for most classes? Pass over whatever you are smoking... You can watch world best times and they are no where near 20k single target.

@OP, 10-11k is pretty average for dps, you want to get them in the 13-15k range tho then the strain on you will be less but the CMs are healing intensive as shit and the diff between a good healer and a bad one becomes dead clear in CMs. Me and 3 friends did skyreach 1st boss 6 times before we found a healer that was able to do it, which of all things was a paladin on a movement fight :P Now he is a steady so things go smooth but yeah healer skill/brain differences are huge and so transparent once you do CMs

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    20k i CM for most classes? Pass over whatever you are smoking... You can watch world best times and they are no where near 20k single target.

@OP, 10-11k is pretty average for dps, you want to get them in the 13-15k range tho then the strain on you will be less but the CMs are healing intensive as shit and the diff between a good healer and a bad one becomes dead clear in CMs. Me and 3 friends did skyreach 1st boss 6 times before we found a healer that was able to do it, which of all things was a paladin on a movement fight :P Now he is a steady so things go smooth but yeah healer skill/brain differences are huge and so transparent once you do CMs
    During a boss fight, on singletarget? That's about what most of us get unless we're a really shitty class (hi elemental shaman/boomkin) when we do our daily CM's. We have a team pushing for golds, and their logs are showing them doing ~20K avg over the instance, Hunter/Rogue/warlock/warrior dps mostly. Likewise, CM's are just heroic modes that hits harder and takes longer, and almost all of my raiders can sustain +20K singletarget in heroics (again, except the derp'd classes), which means that the same should hold true for CMs.

You have to remember that worlds best times depend a lot more on strategic pulls and AOE'ing down trashmobs (as they are by far the biggest part of the dungeons). This is not the same approach that the casual player who wants their cache should apply - take your time, do the pulls right, and concetrate dps. Blow CD's whenever they're up to get you through the trashpacks safely. Each trashmob dead is one step closer to the loot. For this reason, I play MM in CM's rather than BM - the top times use BM hunters because their AOE dps is through the roof, while MM's is piss-poor, but on the other hand, MM has the exact opposite situation going on for singletarget, which helps burst down bosses before healers who might be undergeared are OOM, or focusing down particularly dangerous adds in trashpacks that the group setup isn't well suited to handle. It's two completely different ways of managing the instances.

That's not to say that world first times do not have to pull impressive numbers - it's just that they pull the numbers on AOE during trash and with good coordination, rather than on a individual mob/pull basis.

During a boss fight, on singletarget? That's about what most of us get unless we're a really shitty class (hi elemental shaman/boomkin) when we do our daily CM's. We have a team pushing for golds, and their logs are showing them doing ~20K avg over the instance, Hunter/Rogue/warlock/warrior dps mostly. Likewise, CM's are just heroic modes that hits harder and takes longer, and almost all of my raiders can sustain +20K singletarget in heroics (again, except the derp'd classes), which means that the same should hold true for CMs.

You have to remember that worlds best times depend a lot more on strategic pulls and AOE'ing down trashmobs (as they are by far the biggest part of the dungeons). This is not the same approach that the casual player who wants their cache should apply - take your time, do the pulls right, and concetrate dps. Blow CD's whenever they're up to get you through the trashpacks safely. Each trashmob dead is one step closer to the loot. For this reason, I play MM in CM's rather than BM - the top times use BM hunters because their AOE dps is through the roof, while MM's is piss-poor, but on the other hand, MM has the exact opposite situation going on for singletarget, which helps burst down bosses before healers who might be undergeared are OOM, or focusing down particularly dangerous adds in trashpacks that the group setup isn't well suited to handle. It's two completely different ways of managing the instances.

That's not to say that world first times do not have to pull impressive numbers - it's just that they pull the numbers on AOE during trash and with good coordination, rather than on a individual mob/pull basis.
    Ah you were talking about MM in CMs, thought you were trying to say BM pulls off 20k single target dps on average. But at the same time you say you're pushing for gold? Or is that a different team?

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    Ah you were talking about MM in CMs, thought you were trying to say BM pulls off 20k single target dps on average. But at the same time you say you're pushing for gold? Or is that a different team?
    Different teams. We do *a lot* of CM's every day on mains/alts to get geared for raids. One/soon two teams are actually dedicating to go for golds. The other runs are just "casual" ones that don't bother with time, but make sure to actually get through - in all of these, we usually do pull +20K in boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post

Mana actually tends to be an issue i have 1200 spirit and i checked the stat prio i follow it pretty good.Sometime ill have a full row of hots on the tank and casting and he will still die. Also people will dip low and it seems like it takes too long to get them back up. Im fairly new to resto healing. What should i do? cause i feel if i throw just hots on them if theyre not paying attention they could just die. how often should i direct heal with regrowth?

Deleted
    40k+? That seems a bit steep, how many bursts do you get?

Healing that as Disc I get 25-30k. Maybe 35k if the fight goes on longer than it should and bursts are hurting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    40k+? That seems a bit steep, how many bursts do you get?

Healing that as Disc I get 25-30k. Maybe 35k if the fight goes on longer than it should and bursts are hurting more.
    4-5 was the norm. BM tank, if you had a DK to selfheal instead you'd be doing less.

Quote Originally Posted by pgx17 View Post
    Sometime ill have a full row of hots on the tank and casting and he will still die.
    Genesis, cast two rejuvs on the tank again and genesis again. Repeat. You can also pop Incarnation and spam Regrowth on some particularly nasty trash groups/bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pgx17 View Post
    So im healing a challenge mode on my druid and i was under the impression that im at least competent enough to do this. I heal heroics with mind numbing ease and i realize its supposed to be a "challenge" but i cant seem to get in a successful group. im pulling like 22k+ healing at the least but were still wiping on bosses. Dps are around 11k but everyone seems to take a lot of damage. Is it just me or is this a problem with dps/tanks?
    11k is ridiculous damage output. Find better deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    11k is not enough. I have pugged a cm for the daily with my tank and one normal dps, and both pugs were at 11k, and while we killed bosses, it was an insane hassle, our normal dps basically carried dmg by doing 23k.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 12k+ dps.. In 610.. In Proving Grounds.. On my alt.

They should really be doing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I did 12k+ dps.. In 610.. In Proving Grounds.. On my alt.

They should really be doing more than that.
    These threads never fail to have someone preening about how awesome they think they are before they actually manage to get to the topic at hand.