Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    ^ That logic would work if you weren't wrong about the main thing: You have no idea what counters you need. Missions are completely random.

In general I don't get how people enjoy a mini game with so much randomness in it. It's practically like gambling. 60%+ of what you do is rand().

I dare to say pet battles are way better organized.
    That logic works. There are only so many counters and with a barracks level 3 and having 25 active followers plus an inn, you can have multiple followers that counter each trait. If you get a string of deadly minions and got unlucky and only have two counters to deadly minions? Oh well, clear those out of your mission log. But as you ding your followers to epic and each has two counters you'd have to be really unlucky to be lacking in one counter.

At some of the higher ilvl missions, the dungeons are going to have 6 things to counter spread out across 3 bosses, so you're going to want a balance eventually anyway.

There are rare missions that award a book that lets you reroll your followers' traits/counters. Plus you can recruit for a specific trait/counter at the inn.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic minions are awesome, I had one that had 4 "counters" to a mission. 2 counters to the mobs abilities, one for the location and then another that was increase chance of winning on missions over 8 hours (i think). He could pretty much solo the 3 man level 100 mission

Deleted
    If you think it's a random mess or what not, you clearly don't know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    2) The missions are completely random. You have no idea if the followers you are making are going to be any good or not.
    They are not. You can look them all up on Wowhead. You can also check what each of bosses in Highmaul will need to be countered, for those high ilvl raiding gear missions, and make strategic choices in which followers to level based on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So followers are most definitely not a pointless mini game.
    They are a really big timesink though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    I'm about to cap resources with all level 2 buildings and one at level 3, doing nearly all available missions.
    I ditched my Inn today and are now using both medium Garrison Resource buildings. Don't seem doable to maximise the follower game while having the inn up. If you have good scavengers, maybe it's different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    They are not. You can look them all up on Wowhead. You can also check what each of bosses in Highmaul will need to be countered, for those high ilvl raiding gear missions, and make strategic choices in which followers to level based on that.

Abusing the system like that makes it even worse. If Blizzard intended it that way, they would have a journal of them in-game.

Also, prepare to be hotpatched on those missions you're hoarding followers xp for.