Deleted

[Music] Classical music in movies

Recently I found this amazing track from the Lone Ranger. I'm of course talking about "Finale (William Tell overture)". This is a modified version of the finale of the William Tell overture. I was wondering if any of you know similar songs from movies or perhaps tv shows.

You can find examples all over the place. What everybody knows as "2001: a space odyssey" is the opening to Strauss's "Also Sprach Zarathustra." The climax of Knowing features Beethoven's seventh symphony, second movement (edited) and it is very effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You can find examples all over the place. What everybody knows as "2001: a space odyssey" is the opening to Strauss's "Also Sprach Zarathustra." The climax of Knowing features Beethoven's seventh symphony, second movement (edited) and it is very effective.
    Another Kubrick movie, A Clockwork Orange, features music from Beethoven and from Rossini, the composer of Willian Tell overture.

Edit: If opening poster was talking about modern remixes of classical songs, I know at least of one more instance of Hans Zimmer doing this, a hanszimmery version of Mozart's opera Don Giovanni from Sherlock Holmes 2.
    Last edited by mmoc29422b2d1a; 2014-11-22 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    Another Kubrick movie, A Clockwork Orange, features music from Beethoven and from Rossini, the composer of Willian Tell overture.

Edit: If opening poster was talking about modern remixes of classical songs, I know at least of one more instance of Hans Zimmer doing this, a hanszimmery version of Mozart's opera Don Giovanni from Sherlock Holmes 2.
    A Clockwork Orange has a modern arrangement to Music for the funeral of Queen Mary, by Henry Purcell.

To the OP, if it's simply classical music that you seek, I would say that Stanley Kubrick used it a lot in his movies.

Not from Kubrick, but one of the most iconic use of classical music in a movie is the "Funeral March" from Siegfried, from Richard Wagner, used in Excalibur from John Boorman.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2014-11-25 at 12:46 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The movie Kick-Ass has "Per Qualche Dollaro in Più" by Ennio Morricone. A spaghetti western song.

If you're looking for more "classical" aka soundtrack music, in the same movie look up "John Murphy Adagio in D minor"
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I suppose "The Pianist" is a well known movie, it uses tons of classical music from Chopin, Bach, Beethoven...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgpLn6bjSU - nice edit of Chopin's Funeral March, the movie is also a must-watch.

http://elfen-lied.wikia.com/wiki/Lilium - also, this track. The article is safe, I'm not posting a direct link to the song due to heavy nudity, but if you're interested in gregorian chants, you should definitely check it out.

What else... I guess everyone knows "Ride of the Valkyries" from "Apocalypse Now", but I'll mention it for the 00.01% chance that someone missed it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.