Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Woman beats toddler? I don't understand.

I generally don't get wrapped up in things like this, but can ANYONE give me some context on this video?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152933086492845

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats there to understand? There are some fucked up people in the world.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruion View Post
    I generally don't get wrapped up in things like this, but can ANYONE give me some context on this video?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152933086492845
    I think the context is that the child didn't have proper table manners and hence got what it deserved.

Deleted
    I don't think there's anything that needs to be understood.

Terrible. I got my ass beat with a switch but for nothing as petty as being a fussy eater. This woman needs to be jailed and her child saved.

Edit: Also, the fact this was strategically videotaped implies this is a common thing this bitch does and someone was tired of it and videotaped it.

I'd give her a death sentence. Kicking and abusing a child isn't a mistake, it's a characteristic of being a monster. When I see news of people robbing banks, I understand the intention although it's wrong. Shit like this though? I want to kick that bitch's teeth in.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-11-22 at 11:03 AM.

Here's where I'm lost. If this were an ongoing issue, or if she had shown violent habits in the past. Why is she being allowed to watch children? Is it her child?

The kid probably was a boy and about to rape her so it was justified.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Imagine the mother was a white cop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The kid probably was a boy and about to rape her so it was justified.
    Typical cis male toddler not checking his privilege. He was clearly projecting his misogynistic ideals on the woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Terrible. I got my ass beat with a switch but for nothing as petty as being a fussy eater. This woman needs to be jailed and her child saved.

Edit: Also, the fact this was strategically videotaped implies this is a common thing this bitch does and someone was tired of it and videotaped it.

I'd give her a death sentence. Kicking and abusing a child isn't a mistake, it's a characteristic of being a monster. When I see news of people robbing banks, I understand the intention although it's wrong. Shit like this though? I want to kick that bitch's teeth in.
    My thoughts on this, I share the same thought. Watching that video actually made me feel uneasy, hence my wanting to get other's input on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Typical cis male toddler not checking his privilege. He was clearly projecting his misogynistic ideals on the woman.
    fairly sure it's a girl

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor kid, at least that videotape is enough evidence to get her sentenced for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video made my physically sick to watch.. That is absolutely disgusting.

I hope she gets put in jail for a long time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruion View Post

fairly sure it's a girl
    Probably a male apologist then, only way she would be so hateful towards women
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Poor kid, at least that videotape is enough evidence to get her sentenced for it.
    Depends on the local laws I think here it can't be used in the court if the evidence was made illegal. (case by case decision though)
    Enough to force an investigation sure with medical personal checking the toddler and taking the child away is another issue.
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/fundamen...n3_2003_en.pdf
    Indeed, in only seven States
    (Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom) is evidence
    obtained in violation of the right to respect for private life in principle admissible in criminal
    proceedings (“group A”). In the ten other States surveyed such evidence normally will not be
    admissible (Belgium, Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands,Portugal) (“group B”). However, such a division of the States surveyed in two groups would be
    misleading, for two reasons.
    First, in most cases, there are exceptions to the rule, whether of admissibility or of inadmissibility of
    evidence obtained in violation of the right to respect for private life
    If no official agent was involved I think it might be useable.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-11-22 at 11:24 AM.

I stopped watching after the first slap.

I'm assuming the parent was suspicious due to the kid acting strangely around or in relation to the babysitter, and decided to (edit: find out) what went on when the parent wasn't around.

Assuming people genuinely wonder why the babysitter is acting in this manner, as you can probably expect, it's likely due to unresolved frustration, anger or mental issues, the kid is just an easy outlet. I'm guessing the babysitter was (severely) abused in some way earlier in life. When you feel excessively threatened (and might even know why) it's easy to take drastic measures to feel safe. A mentally healthy person would argue that the kid isn't any threat to the babysitters safety, and you're right. But there might also be some level of confusion as to whether there is a threat or not, and how big it is, and where it's coming from (PTSD). And as you can imagine, no matter what action they take in the present can resolve the dangers haunting them from the past, so the abuse won't really go away on its own (ergo, repeat offender unless stopped and helped). Basically, it's a sick person we're dealing with, and we help those, not punish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    But there might also be some level of confusion as to whether there is a threat or not, and how big it is, and where it's coming from (PTSD).
    I think thats more stupid than most sarcastic things said in here. Are you serious about that?

Are you really trying to find apologies for her? That was no reaction out of fear.
    Petty revenge with disregards for the health of the child is not a PTSD reaction.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-11-22 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I think the context is that the child didn't have proper table manners and hence got what it deserved.
    The child threw up because the carekeeper couldn't even make decent food and then got punished for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I think thats more stupid than most sarcastic things said in here. Are you serious about that?

Are you really trying to find apologys for her?
    You're arguing that she's not confused? That the little kid is actually a clear danger to her safety? Or that the kid deserves that treatment? I'm not saying that is satirical, but if that's what you believe I'll respect your opinion.

Deleted
    You're arguing that she's not confused? That the little kid is actually a clear danger to her safety? Or that the kid deserves that treatment? I'm not saying that is satirical, but if that's what you believe I'll respect your opinion.
    Saying it was a fear reaction on her behalf is stupid and grasping at straws to outsource responsibillity.

Her target was to cause physical pain while not inflicting permanent damage to the child because she had to clean up after it.
    To me it seems like the calculating response of an utter cruel person.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-11-22 at 11:43 AM.

I stopped watching after the first slap.
    Then you missed out on what really makes this horrible.

She throws it forward hard, landing it face down, beats it with a bat repeatedly on the back, kicks it, steps and balances on it, and more.

I absolutely assure you if anything even remotely like this was taking place at my home I would go to the courts IMMEDIATELY. This is assault against a baby. I doubt there is any place in the world where that is not illegal, but I don't know Ugandan law specifically.

EDIT: Does anybody seriously think she did not mean actual harm to come to the child? The things she did could knock teeth out and cause massive internal bleeding.

The slap at the start is somewhat excusable. Not for what the child did, and she did hit it a bit harder than I would've thought reasonable. I would have fired her for that. What happens afterwards, though, is not excusable AT ALL, and if you think so you must be mental.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2014-11-22 at 11:48 AM.