Exclamation Computer Build Thoughts?!

I am building a basic gaming computer for my little brother mainly for League and WoW, doesn't need to be playing on high graphics, but would like it not to be a lagfest either. Let me know on your thoughts. Trying to keep it right around this budget range. His birthday is tomorrow the 22nd, so would like to get this shipped ASAP.

Coming out to right around 330$. I know there isn't a OS. I already have a copy of Windows 7 64 bit.

Computer Build
    Case
    MOBO
    CPU *New Updated*
    RAM
    GPU
    HDD
    PSU
    Wireless Card

I thought I posted this in the Computer Build / Upgrade section my bad, can a mod move it please if possible. Thank you!
    Last edited by Specialk; 2014-11-22 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Noticed posted in wrong section.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't mix an ivy bridge cpu with a haswell motherboard. Second that cpu or haswell equivalent doesn't need an aftermarket cooler.

My bad, didn't even notice that. I switched out the CPU with the one Vegas recommended, and removed the cooler.

Added this Wireless Card, his computer will be to far away to have a ethernet cable running through the house.
    Last edited by Specialk; 2014-11-22 at 11:48 AM.

No need for a aftermarket cooler unless you plan on overclocking the G3258 past 4-4.2Ghz as it can hit that mark pretty easily with the stock cooler.

I would also swap the GPU to the R7 250X that is stupidly cheap at the moment.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    No need for a aftermarket cooler unless you plan on overclocking the G3258 past 4-4.2Ghz as it can hit that mark pretty easily with the stock cooler.

I would also swap the GPU to the R7 250X that is stupidly cheap at the moment.
    Ya, I removed the heatsink, and the R7 250X is a PCI Express 3.0. Need a PCI Express 2.0 x16

Quote Originally Posted by Specialk View Post
    Ya, I removed the heatsink, and the R7 250X is a PCI Express 3.0. Need a PCI Express 2.0 x16
    It's just stating that it is 3.0 ready(even though it will never max out a 2.0 slot's bandwidth, let alone 3.0), it will still work in a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

It's just stating that it is 3.0 ready(even though it will never max out a 2.0 slot's bandwidth, let alone 3.0), it will still work in a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.
    True, well maybe I'll try and squeeze that in there, even tho its a bit more but if its a decent upgrade compared to the GeForce GT 630. The R7 should be okay with the Intel chip correct?

Puts it right at 400$ - 365$ after Mail-In Rebates. Which is 8$ more after Mail-In Rebates compared to having the GT 630. Which if its a huge difference in card performance that would be a awesome deal.
    Last edited by Specialk; 2014-11-22 at 12:41 PM.

It is quite a bit better than the 730, which in itself is better than the 630. Currently, after the rebate, that card is a good 30-40 less than it's normal price, so I would grab that asap before the run out of stock

edit:

Went and threw everything together on pcpartpicker and swapped the psu to a 500b($3 cheaper and a bit more wattage to work with) and swapped the wireless card to one a bit cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($27.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.89 @ Directron)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($18.61 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $332.44
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 07:56 EST-0500

Total came to $374 with $7 in promo codes and $35 in mail-in-rebates.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-11-22 at 12:57 PM.

It is quite a bit better than the 730, which in itself is better than the 630. Currently, after the rebate, that card is a good 30-40 less than it's normal price, so I would grab that asap before the run out of stock

edit:

Went and threw everything together on pcpartpicker and swapped the psu to a 500b($3 cheaper and a bit more wattage to work with) and swapped the wireless card to one a bit cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($27.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.89 @ Directron)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($18.61 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $332.44
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 07:56 EST-0500

Total came to $374 with $7 in promo codes and $35 in mail-in-rebates.
    Damn, thanks man. That is an awesome site. I changed the few things around on NewEgg. Only big diffeence was the CPU from NCIX US but shipping was 10$ so NewEgg a better deal, I will get everything on Newegg. Total after Rebates n 7$ promo is 345$ 43$ savings and that nice GPU for the price.

Should be a good birthday gift, and a nice starting Gaming Computer for him. I just recently sold my Rig to a buddy, and picked up a MSI GT70 Laptop since I'll be going to school here soon and just will be much easier to game on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say get rid of that case... a 30 dollar case could end up being a nightmare. I always believe in spending a little more on the case is one of the most important things. Check out Fractal Design- plus Cyber Monday is nearing...
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    I say get rid of that case... a 30 dollar case could end up being a nightmare.
    It's actually a $50 case that is on sale and you shouldn't judge a case just by it's price, there are some real good cases that are around $30 just as there are some real stinkers at higher prices.