10+ Year Old Account

Need a monitor that can both handle PC + PS4!

As topic, needing a monitor for both PC + PS4.

At the moment I got a BenQ XL2720T (144Hz) (which is considered one of the best pc gaming monitors already). But HDMI didn't make good use of the 144Hz and the smoothness I want. I am not an TV expert so I would like some suggestions from you guys!

Much appreciated people!

Agminky

10+ Year Old Account
    The 144Hz doesn't matter. It'll play whatever the PS4 is outputting, same as your PC. PS4 doesn't output more than 60Hz. Doesn't change if you get another monitor.
    It also really depends on what price range and what you're looking for if you're just going for a new monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I go for a higher resolution monitor? say more than 1920x1080 pixels and a bigger inch? but I might definitely miss the 144hz haha, already used to the smoothness it gets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agminky View Post

At the moment I got a BenQ XL2720T (144Hz) (which is considered one of the best pc gaming monitors already). But HDMI didn't make good use of the 144Hz and the smoothness I want. I am not an TV expert so I would like some suggestions from you guys!

Much appreciated people!

Agminky
    You wont get 144Hz on the PS4 no matter what, since its capped at 60FPS (sometimes even lower).
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    For PS4 nothing. Your monitor will just upscale the image to whatever the native (or setting) resolution it has.
    It's not a bad idea for your PC as it gives some more real estate to work with and could be nice for games if you're looking into that, provided your hardware can run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    but can someone explain to me why some of the TVs can bring out a much enhanced smoothness feeling than what I've seen on my monitor? regarding they are all 60hz?

Take a look at Asus PG278Q ROG. It can handle pretty much everything. Btw your benq is far from the best and it is defo not 144 but 120 Hz.

10+ Year Old Account
    but can someone explain to me why some of the TVs can bring out a much enhanced smoothness feeling than what I've seen on my monitor? regarding they are all 60hz?
    They take an input of 60Hz and processes it to output 120Hz (or more). It doubles the frame it takes as input. Most monitors do not do this, only 2 I can think of that does and it's the Eizo FG2421 and LG 24GM77 with the 240Hz boost/mode.

10+ Year Old Account

Much appreciated people!

Agminky
    I use my Asus 144Hz screen for both PC(DVI) and XBONE(HDMI) and it looks great. You won't get a refresh rate high with the consoles anyways... So your screen should be just fine for your PS4
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II