Deleted

Question is there any mmorpg games that based on D&D rules ?????

hey guys

i really loved neverwinter nights game series with they're magic system

and i wondered is there any mmorpg games like this game?? except dungeon and dragons online and neverwinter online

thank u.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except those two - haven't heard of any. Which is not surprising: tabletop game system isn't an optimal solution for modern PC gaming.

The closest that you'll find to an authentic (or near authentic) D&D experience online would be Shroud of the Avatar, Pathfinder Online, and perhaps the original Everquest. But as said above; authentic D&D doesn't make for a good online game.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Except those two - haven't heard of any. Which is not surprising: tabletop game system isn't an optimal solution for modern PC gaming.
    They tried to make it fit by designing 4e around that aesthetic. You need look no further than 5e to see how well that was received.

How about Dungeons and Dragons Online?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

As the others have said, other than D&D Online and Neverwinter, there are none.

Also, like lawow74 said, the 4th edition of D&D seemed to have been made with an MMORPG in mind, but that edition wasn't nearly as well received as the others, possibly due to this perception.

Dungeons and Dragons, despite a large fanbase, just doesn't seem to lend well to anything other than tabletop RPGs. The only exception to this seems to be the Baldur's Gate and such games. But those were done under TSR. I personally feel that Hasbro has shat on D&D when it comes to anything outside of the tabletop version. The movies have been shit, and the MMORPGs have been shit, and I haven't seen any of the board games that they supposedly made. I question Hasbro's amount of care they seem to give to D&D, which appears (to me) to be in the single digits of percentage.

Wizards of the Coast buying D&D? No real problem. Hasbro buying WotC (and thus D&D)? I don't feel that being a good idea. But that's getting off topic.

4e completely tore down the existing rules systems and made it into something else. It's a good system, if it had been called something else with some slightly different class names, it would have been well-received by the game community at large. But because it was supposed to be D&D, it got panned, hard. Meantime Pathfinder really continued where 3.5e left off, and you can see how heavy its influence is in 5e.

Personally I think the best D&D computer game(rules-wise)was Temple of Elemental Evil. It's about as close to an authentic tabletop experience as you'll get. But the MMO style of game is not going to work well for a tabletop ruleset.