Deleted

Noob moonkin questions!

Hi guys, I recently switched mains to my Balance druid and I like it alot!
    - I used to play main-tank in SoO, but wanted to switch stuff up for this expansion.

Since I´m so new, I do have some questions for you smart people:

1. I´m going with Euphoria, but when I go from Solar -> Lunar, should I interrupt my Wrath casting to cast the buffed Starfire instead?
    (Or maybe even wait 2secs without casting, to get over to the other eclipse?)

1.1: Do you get the buff to your spells, from Eclipse, when ending a cast or from when you start casting?
    If I cast a buffed Starfire but I go into Solar eclipse before the cast has ended, do I still get the buff from Lunar Eclipse?

2. Should I only re-apply my dots when entering the right eclipse? - I couldnt figure out how much they benefit from eclipse.

3. When AOE´ing, my rotation is as follows: Moonfire on all mobs -> Astral Communion -> Sunfire once to dot all mobs -> Starfall -> Hurricane..
    It takes a long time, and it doesnt feel very powerful compared to my dungeon buddies (Enhancement Shaman, Ret Pally and Blood DK)..
    Am I doing something wrong, or is our AOE just not as insane as theirs?

I hope my questions made sense - If not then please ask so I can try explain better.
    I love min/maxing, and even though my DPS is decent, I feel it could get better

Any help is greatly appreciated! <3

Much love.
    //Sheepy
    Last edited by mmocd263d4cc9c; 2014-11-22 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Typos and spelling errors

As a general rule, never interupt at cast to start casting the relevant eclipse spell, the dps difference is negligible at best and in most cases is a dps loss

You shouldnt have to reapply dots except for when you get the "peak" buff.

Just DoT and Starfall/hurricane. - Could use a few pointers on aoe myself.

Quote Originally Posted by malSheep View Post
    Hi guys, I recently switched mains to my Balance druid and I like it alot!
    - I used to play main-tank in SoO, but wanted to switch stuff up for this expansion.

Since I´m so new, I do have some questions for you smart people:

1. I´m going with Euphoria, but when I go from Solar -> Lunar, should I interrupt my Wrath casting to cast the buffed Starfire instead?
    (Or maybe even wait 2secs without casting, to get over to the other eclipse?)

1.1: Do you get the buff to your spells, from Eclipse, when ending a cast or from when you start casting?
    If I cast a buffed Starfire but I go into Solar eclipse before the cast has ended, do I still get the buff from Lunar Eclipse?

2. Should I only re-apply my dots when entering the right eclipse? - I couldnt figure out how much they benefit from eclipse.

3. When AOE´ing, my rotation is as follows: Moonfire on all mobs -> Astral Communion -> Sunfire once to dot all mobs -> Starfall -> Hurricane..
    It takes a long time, and it doesnt feel very powerful compared to my dungeon buddies (Enhancement Shaman, Ret Pally and Blood DK)..
    Am I doing something wrong, or is our AOE just not as insane as theirs?

I hope my questions made sense - If not then please ask so I can try explain better.
    I love min/maxing, and even though my DPS is decent, I feel it could get better

Any help is greatly appreciated! <3

Much love.
    //Sheepy

1.No, you never stop casting. you just finish your spell.
    1.1 when the cast ends.
    2. re apply your dots with the peak buff. With euphoria, its enough to reapply sunfire every peak, and moonfire every 2nd. Eclipse will not get snapshotted, so it only "really" affects the inital dmg, thats why you do it with the peak buff.

3.Hurrican is pretty useless unless there are like 10+targets.
    Just dot them all and keep starfall running. Burst AoE is pretty weak (unless it happens that you are in solar in that moment, then sunfire+starfall is ok), but aoe over a longer time is pretty good. (2 dots + starfall running)
    Last edited by Genju; 2014-11-22 at 06:58 PM.

For the aoe i always start with starfall, even when i go with the glyph. When starfall is popped i just dot everything with moonfire until i get into solar, once in solar just throw a sunfire and then keep starfall up while i do normal rotation, Wrath or starfire. That works for me, i dont have the best aoe dmg compared to all other classes i have played with but its the strongest aoe rotation i have tried this far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    1.No, you never stop casting. you just finish your spell.
    1.1 when the cast ends.
    2. re apply your dots with the peak buff. With euphoria, its enough to reapply sunfire every peak, and moonfire every 2nd. Eclipse will not get snapshotted, so it only "really" affects the inital dmg, thats why you do it with the peak buff.

3.Hurrican is pretty useless unless there are like 10+targets.
    Just dot them all and keep starfall running. Burst AoE is pretty weak (unless it happens that you are in solar in that moment, then sunfire+starfall is ok), but aoe over a longer time is pretty good. (2 dots + starfall running)
    Never use hurricane, it's usually just more DPS if you AC into solar then sunfire and starfall. even with the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by pastasaucelmao View Post
    Never use hurricane, it's usually just more DPS if you AC into solar then sunfire and starfall. even with the glyph.
    obviously you hurrican in this situation only after you dotted everything up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    obviously you hurrican in this situation only after you dotted everything up.
    Pfft. I just DoT and go AFK since hurricane is such a minimal DPS increase.

Deleted
    I'm also a 'beginning' Moonkin (played Resto Druid as an alt most expansions, chosing to go Moonkin main for this one), and I'm having some trouble with the Euphoria rotation. Maybe it's because of leveling without it, but it just feels too fast . It's like one Starfire, one Moonfire update, 1 Starfire and it's back to Solar.

I need to get used to it, but I'm currently messing up a lot with Starfires going off halfway into Solar. I can control the Solar->Lunar transition a bit better with shorter cast times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'm also a 'beginning' Moonkin (played Resto Druid as an alt most expansions, chosing to go Moonkin main for this one), and I'm having some trouble with the Euphoria rotation. Maybe it's because of leveling without it, but it just feels too fast . It's like one Starfire, one Moonfire update, 1 Starfire and it's back to Solar.

I need to get used to it, but I'm currently messing up a lot with Starfires going off halfway into Solar. I can control the Solar->Lunar transition a bit better with shorter cast times.
    Don't worry, from my personal tests Euphoria is a pretty minimal increase for the effort it takes to learn it. For the moment I'm sticking with BoP, because IMO Euphoria is going to be the worst talent for most fights after you get some Normal/heroic raid gear.

Edit: BoP allows you to not worry about Moonfire/Sunfire after the initial cast. Which can be useful when you're getting familiar with the class.

Pfft. I just DoT and go AFK since hurricane is such a minimal DPS increase.

Don't worry, from my personal tests Euphoria is a pretty minimal increase for the effort it takes to learn it. For the moment I'm sticking with BoP, because IMO Euphoria is going to be the worst talent for most fights after you get some Normal/heroic raid gear.

Edit: BoP allows you to not worry about Moonfire/Sunfire after the initial cast. Which can be useful when you're getting familiar with the class.
    These 2 are contradictory.

I use Euphoria in 5mans for the same reason you posted above. Spam dot and starfall. Fast cycles allow for easier spam dotting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    These 2 are contradictory.

I use Euphoria in 5mans for the same reason you posted above. Spam dot and starfall. Fast cycles allow for easier spam dotting.
    Heh, I guess they are, but I personally dislike Euphoria. I might use it for fights that are strictly single target in highmaul, I guess it's something that I'm going to have to get used to especially if it turns out to be on top in raid gear, I highly doubt it but.