What are the various tanking classes looking like at the moment? (not a pick a class)

Ok, so the bit in brackets is a slight lie. but hey, you wouldn't click otherwise!!

So, I have my hunter at 100, rogue at 95. and we have a problem in my very small very casual guild. a complete lack of competent tanks. infact, we have 1. who is rarely on. so I decided to bite the bullet. I have every class at 90. so anything can be picked. I have a full compliment of BOA's etc.

Now, my question to you, is not a 'pick my class' of sorts, but, one of player strength. we will do flex raiding at best. (normal or whatever) we will never be hc raiders etc, so its mostly for 5 mans and the first tier of difficulty raiding. maybe some LFR. though I would love to get some CM's done. (9/9 on 4 chars in mop)

So, with that in mind, how would you rank the tanks at the moment? I keep hearing bad things about druid? monk being dependant on Bonus armor stat. DK's are apparently great in 5 mans, but will be crap come raiding. and warr/pally are up there on the god 'to be nerfed' tier.

Is that about correct for everything?

Please do forgive grammar/spelling et al.. its late and I'm exhausticated!

Dk's should be the best in terms of pure tanking for the content you are doing. They tend to fall short in 'progression' content where they aren't overgearing.

The situation you will generally face with the content you do is that gear isn't the problem, it's the group skill. That means the DK is going to be very sturdy.

If you are capable, paladin has a lot of raid utility that could turn fights around, though.

Warriors/paladins are being considered fairly strong yes, but that doesn't really matter too much in your situation.

I'd go either DK for personal survivability (basically not relying as much on your healers) or paladin for raid utility
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    In my experience healing challenge modes, warriors and paladins are strongest at the moment, followed by DKs, Druids and finally Brewmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    In my experience healing challenge modes, warriors and paladins are strongest at the moment, followed by DKs, Druids and finally Brewmasters.
    I have found DKs to be just 100% best tank in every scenario for cms. Like literally 1000% better.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    As a brewmaster main I can safely say that brewmasters are among the bottom tanking classes. If not for its great movement and decent damage output there is little to no reason to ever take a brewmaster above anything else right now. I highly suspect this will change with gear however.

Thanks for the replies! quite dissapointing really, I was hoping to have a much tighter synergy between tanks! really wanted druid/brewmaster to be good!

oh well, I think Ill go paladin as I know how to tank on that. sort of. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    DKs are pretty much top of the food chain, judging from challenge mode experience. They require much less healer attention and dish insane damage.

Seems opinions on this are quite mixed. As a healer I would say the best to worst are Druids > DK > Warrior > Paladin > Monk.

This thread convinced me to roll a DK for sure.

I have a paladin at 90 but for some reason Death Knight just seems more appealing to me.