Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Playing feral and ruining everyone in dungeons. The only person around my damage numbers is my frost mage buddy that I'm usually in the dungeon with.

Stop looking at dps rankings. The actual WoW devs have told the community to stop looking at them and treating them as gospel. They are always, always bullshit.

The best players will outperform any sim, unless there truly is a tuning problem. If that's the case, devs will fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    but pure dps should have an advantage, right? That's the tradeoff when you decide to have no healing or survivability.
    No, not at all. Hybrids shouldn't be punished and neither should a pure. No matter what your DPS spec is, you should be able to pull competitive damage. Of course, each spec will usually have its niche, be it burst, sustained AOE or cleave.

Also, the only pure that has zero self heal is a Mage and it has nothing to do with them being a pure DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fur Play View Post
    Stop looking at dps rankings. The actual WoW devs have told the community to stop looking at them and treating them as gospel. They are always, always bullshit.

The best players will outperform any sim, unless there truly is a tuning problem. If that's the case, devs will fix.
    Can only be the case if the sim is broken.

Sims are awesome and likely every bit of theorycrafting from your class comes from one or is supported by one, never dismiss them out of hand; question the person delivering the data.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Can only be the case if the sim is broken.

Sims are awesome and likely every bit of theorycrafting from your class comes from one or is supported by one, never dismiss them out of hand; question the person delivering the data.
    This. I don't care what the WoW devs say as long as they are proven wrong and foolish by theorycrafters again and again. And it can't be stressed enough that Noxxic is a site run by imbeciles that have no clue about any class or the game. It's like WoW devs run noxxic. Listen to rankings, take them as rough benchmarks to aim for, do not look at Noxxic... like, ever. Do not spread word about Noxxic. They're wrong. About just about everything. Everytime. Anytime.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This. I don't care what the WoW devs say as long as they are proven wrong and foolish by theorycrafters again and again. And it can't be stressed enough that Noxxic is a site run by imbeciles that have no clue about any class or the game. It's like WoW devs run noxxic. Listen to rankings, take them as rough benchmarks to aim for, do not look at Noxxic... like, ever. Do not spread word about Noxxic. They're wrong. About just about everything. Everytime. Anytime.
    lol. that was hilarious.

The problem with sim ranking is each class has its own individual module designed to do all the math-magic involved in theorycrafting.

For a single module, amongst its own self (such as comparing one feral druids gear to another feral druids gear, to gauge who has the best array of secondary stats), it will provide extremely valuable information.

The problems and disparities occur when you factor in multiple modules to form these ranking lists. Each module is made independent of the others.
    Maybe the guys that did the Warrior module always rounded up, where the guys that did the mage module always rounded down. If both classes were perfectly equal, that would produce a ranking that puts Warriors above mages simply due to how decimals were managed.
    Since each class module is made separate from most of the others, it generates a ton of error in any sort of "dps rank" list, as they don't all necessarily follow the same set of rules.

Using 5 man dungeons as a benchmark is hilarious. Loving all this anecdotal 5 man "I did this with my class" nonsense.

SimC is accurate within a few % the overwhelming majority of the time, and you should absolutely not be comparing it against your 5man DPS anyway. They're absolutely not the same thing.

The biggest problem with sims is the ignorance of users that don't properly interpret the data.