Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's sad that after so much beta testing, a class can be broken this much..

My thoughts on how Blizzard handle Shaman:

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I can't see you finding anyone playing Elemental in any respectable guild. All three of our Elementals have to reroll and pray for a buff next tier.

Rerolling another class wasn't the way I wanted to start the expansion, but I suppose it makes it a bit more interesting.
    Yeah, Leeds didn't even bother leveling his Shammy.
    Really is sad the class has to be in this state when the xpack has been so good, so far, content wise.

Deleted
    Sounds about right

I only leveled my Shaman for the extra Herb Garden. I happily made a Mage my mine like I said I was going to after that terrible beta experience.

You don't have to point fingers at just Blizzard. Point the fingers are the "theorycrafters" that kept defending Blizzard and saying that our damage was/is fine. People just don't get the concept that there's a clear difference between Live-Play and Pen-and-Paper.

RIP Ele...you were destroyed this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post

RIP Ele...you were destroyed this expansion.
    To be fair, this is the state ele has been in for the past few years. MoP is the only xpack Ele has been exceptional additions to a raidteam

God I wish LB would be castable on the move again...

Quote Originally Posted by Pibutzki View Post
    God I wish LB would be castable on the move again...
    At this point, I doubt it would do much (whilst it would be a significant buff for the we-won't-make-the-new-raids-movement-intensive-lol-fucking-joke-most-movement-intensive-raids-to-date), it would just mean we still do fuck all damage, but we can do fucking all damage whilst moving.

I'd rather have a damage boost to lightning bolt over casting it on the move.
    We actually got quite a lot of spells that do damage while moving like shocks, mastery and totem. Problem is that everything does FUCK ALL damage. And when we done moving out of fire and standing still doing our rotation we still do FUCK ALL damage.

It's getting quite repetetive now, but honestly, is the dev team really this blind to what is so blatantly obvious to everyone else ?
    Last edited by Excessu; 2014-11-24 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Remove the goddamn Unleash ability and talent.
    • Give us another instant cast ability to use on the move.
    • Buff Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst damage.
    • Completely re-evaluate Molten Earth (Mastery).
    • Reduce cast time of Earthquake by .5 seconds.

BAM there's a band-aid for another raid tier.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12844174940

great post by a very experienced high end ele shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Excessu View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12844174940

great post by a very experienced high end ele shaman
    I'll let Lego know he has fans :L

Let the battle of the Ele Shaman alts begin!

Haha. Can't say I know enough about him to call myself a fan :P But I'm aware of his previous guilds. Remember seeing him in various "high end" guilds back when I played on Frostmane ^^
    Last edited by Excessu; 2014-11-24 at 03:02 PM.

I know this is about ele but I primarily play enhance. I'm not preaching all doom and gloom, but yesterday my brother hit 100 on his MM hunter and we ran a quick Skyreach for his ring. On AoE, he was keeping up with me and passing me fairly often, and on single target he was matching me and pulling ahead on some occasions. I'm at about 620 ilvl and, as I said, he had just hit 100. Fairly decent gear difference yet he was still keeping up or passing me.

The kicker? Towards the end of the run he stops and says "oh shit, I forgot to pick my level 100 talent LOL".

That's just not right...

Deleted
    I can see where you're coming from but almost every dung ive been in so far ive been top 1 or 2 on dps (playing ench)
    granted thats with help from trash but theres normally alot of trash these days so who cares
    Shamans will get buffed soon, so dont stop playing a class that you like just because of numbers

Shaman for life

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    NEARLY EVERY OTHER CASTER BUT A WARLOCK/MAGE cant cast on the move...
    Off topic a bit, but I would like to know about the plethora of Warlock spells that can be cast while moving without the use of KJC.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Yeah I've had a lot of instances where I've been top damage (especially AoE as enhance, obviously).

I've also gone up against some mages and hunters with decent gear and the know-how, and in those situations I can't even hold a candle to the numbers they are putting out. Granted, in some of those situations they are so bursty that over a longer period it tends to even out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'll let Lego know he has fans :L

Let the battle of the Ele Shaman alts begin!
    The saddest part is, he echoes what a lot of people here are saying but he'll be treated the same as pretty much everyone here, all his arguments and things he brought up would be ignored and answered with "lol u bad" and "I know someone who knows a shaman who totaly can do these things, the problem lies with you!".

Quote Originally Posted by Excessu View Post
    Haha. Can't say I know enough about him to call myself a fan :P But I'm aware of his previous guilds. Remember seeing him in various "high end" guilds back when I played on Frostmane ^^
    He's basically saying the same thing from a PvE perspective people like Snodz http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12618566105#1 from a PvP perspective. Most of these people are actually progressively getting gloomier. As he himself said, we're bad in all three speccs altough resto is "the least" bad. But as you can see, we already have people in here who never bothered following those links or actually reading up claiming to "do top damage" and "what a blast shaman is". It's a sad state. ;(
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2014-11-24 at 03:47 PM.

I think one of our main problems is how little Haste you get from gear at the start of an expansion. At the end of MoP we had ridiculous amounts of Haste (including a giant proc from the gem) and Mastery which had great synergy. With our current Haste levels, we can only cast a few LvBs during Ascendance, which is also hampered by having to move when SWG is on CD, but our lack of things to do when moving is another problem.

I'd love to have a weaker version of LB that we can cast while moving, but I doubt that's gonna happen, plus my action bars are already full. Damn I miss old LB.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    This doesn't add as much damage as it seems. Looking at it quickly, Simcraft shows BiS Ele Sham on a Patchwerk fight will cast 102.8 LvB (103). Raid buffed is 52.55% Multistrike. 11.22% crit. So if it's a 1-1 ratio, 63.77% (65%) multistrike. 103*.65 = ~67 Multistrike LvB *2 = 134 total LvB. If we look at the same simcraft chart, they are getting 126 Multistrike LvB. A total of 8 more Multistrike LvB's will be cast. TOTAL 8. That is 8*14170 = 113360 TOTAL DAMAGE added over the course of the fight.

Without resimming myself, and just taking their values to get quick numbers - 37553 D/s * 552s = 20729256 damage. (552s is the fight length listed). Add the additional damage for a total of 20842616. (20842616/20729256) * 100 gives us 100.5%, so a 0.5% increase in damage. In terms of DPS 37758 DPS which is a ~200 dps increase. And remember, this is all BiS and Patchwerk fight (best case scenario). It's just an illusion of a buff. Yes I understand weightings MIGHT change, but even then...

Now, I may have screwed up my math somewhere as I'm tired. I'm sure someone will catch it and call me out on it, so if that happens, I apologize. As it stands, I'm not impressed with this "buff".
    This is a million times better than some anecdotal complaint about 1%. You are the hero mmo deserves