Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gherenand View Post
    Question regarding precasting aimed, it seems like precasting aimed is not the way to go if the chim and crows and possibly glaive are ale to successfully proc a toth proc. in theory this would be the highest dps for certain, however , would it be more consistent on a fight by fight basis to open with an aimed? If the other two or three spells you cast in hopes of proccing thrill do not do so, wouldn't we have then been better off spending the extra 50 focus on the pull to get a larger chance of a thrill proc?
    He explains it earlier in the thread. Its over a couple of posts though so I'll summarize. The point of precasting a shot is to give you more globals during the fight which you dont' get casting a 50 focus Aimed as you'll lose the extra global you got regening with ST. GT on the other hand costs a lot less focus and begins regening focus passively as soon as you cast. As for precasting aimed giving a better chance at a TotH proc that is true, you are 21% more likely to have a TotH proc when precasting (48% vs. 69%) but you'll only have ~16 focus to spend on the proc unlike the GT opener which would leave you with ~54 focus allowing you to dump 2 TotH Aimed Shots before needing to ST. Even if you don't get a TotH with GT, Aimed, Crows you can still cast a 50 focus Aimed afterwards fishing for a proc, only it'll be under the hasted effect of RF and affected by all of your procs.

Quote Originally Posted by royen View Post
    Chimaera Shot is 35 focus so 21% procc chance
    35 chim + 15 glaive toss = 50 focus

Deleted
    why would you Rapid Fire with Crows instead of casting crows on their own and use rapid fire on the aimed shot after? Do crows somehow snapshot on rapid fire?

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    why would you Rapid Fire with Crows instead of casting crows on their own and use rapid fire on the aimed shot after? Do crows somehow snapshot on rapid fire?
    Crows has always been a dynamic ability(doesn't snapshot), but RF is 15 sec and Crows is 15 now too so they over lap perfectly if cast at the same time.

If you're not running GT so this is what I've been running

Pre-Pot+Well Timed MoC (Hoping to Start any Procs)
    CS w/ LDSC on Use Macro
    RF - ASx2 (Assuming no TotH)

Then CS>AS to 80% then back to the normal rotation

My thought process here is that I want to get trinkets/scope running for my first CS if possible, it also gives me that extra half second for what could be an extra AS/SS inside that RF though most of the time it doesn't matter. It's mostly based around getting CS and AS as many buffed hits as possible during the opener.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hachrokio View Post
    Yup pretty much anything else doesn't compete
    Also, please do not listen to this Hachrokio kid. Even if his DPS is decent he has no concept of optimal play and would get trounced by any top tier player.

Crows
    Dire Beast
    They don't snapshot your stats, so it's good to start with them.

Rapid Fire
    Chimera > aimed shot -> while above 80%
    Chimera > barrage > aimed -> normal rotation

Aimed shot only if both chimera and barrage are on cd and you are about to focus cap.

Your default talent choice should be Barrage, not glaives. Glaives are for pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    If you're not running GT so this is what I've been running

Pre-Pot+Well Timed MoC (Hoping to Start any Procs)
    CS w/ LDSC on Use Macro
    RF - ASx2 (Assuming no TotH)

Then CS>AS to 80% then back to the normal rotation

My thought process here is that I want to get trinkets/scope running for my first CS if possible, it also gives me that extra half second for what could be an extra AS/SS inside that RF though most of the time it doesn't matter. It's mostly based around getting CS and AS as many buffed hits as possible during the opener.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please do not listen to this Hachrokio kid. Even if his DPS is decent he has no concept of optimal play and would get trounced by any top tier player.
    Casting glaive toss prepull isn't something a top tier player would do sorry to inform you

Casting glaive toss prepull isn't something a top tier player would do sorry to inform you
    Because you'd know, being a top-tier player yourself o wait. :C

Is TotH that much better than Steady Focus? I have been running SF and I am able to keep the buff up at least 85% of the time.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Is TotH that much better than Steady Focus? I have been running SF and I am able to keep the buff up at least 85% of the time.
    https://i.imgur.com/Wu76WNl.png

I also noticed http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...rksmanship-60/ has KS > CS. Azorharion's guide says the opposite, is there a reason?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I also noticed http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...rksmanship-60/ has KS > CS. Azorharion's guide says the opposite, is there a reason?
    Disagreements, although Effin acknowledged in my guide's thread somewhere that my method was "possibly better" after an IRC discussion but not enough to change his guide, idk.

I see, thanks for the info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Because you'd know, being a top-tier player yourself o wait. :C
    You don't have to be a top 50 guild hunter to see you should never precast a glaive toss in any situation

You don't have to be a top 50 guild hunter to see you should never precast a glaive toss in any situation
    Tell you what brochacho. Post logs, provide empirical data that supports your claim, and then you can be a part of the conversation. I don't have a problem with you making a suggestion based on your experience so far. That being said, insulting one of the top Hunter theorycrafters who has a proven track record of success is moronical. All you're doing at this point is making yourself look foolish. Reconsider your behavior and come back later if you want to involve yourself in this community.

I refuse to believe anyone is this thick-headed, he must be trolling.

Deleted
    Tell you what brochacho. Post logs, provide empirical data that supports your claim, and then you can be a part of the conversation. I don't have a problem with you making a suggestion based on your experience so far. That being said, insulting one of the top Hunter theorycrafters who has a proven track record of success is moronical. All you're doing at this point is making yourself look foolish. Reconsider your behavior and come back later if you want to involve yourself in this community.
    A hunter who doesn't even play anymore trying to claim he knows the best opener that NOBODY is doing is beyond hilarious.

All of that aside, my experience has been that if you open with AS and do not get a TotH proc your DPS is fucked for the fight. That initial opener is so incredibly important to your DPS. If you hold off and open with something a little more focus efficient, you can get more aimed shots into your RF w/ buffs and your dps wont suffer quite as bad if RNG on TotH is not in your favor. Even if opening with AS had higher top end dps potential, you would need a lot of things to go right for things to work out.

Deleted
    All of that aside, my experience has been that if you open with AS and do not get a TotH proc your DPS is fucked for the fight. That initial opener is so incredibly important to your DPS. If you hold off and open with something a little more focus efficient, you can get more aimed shots into your RF w/ buffs and your dps wont suffer quite as bad if RNG on TotH is not in your favor. Even if opening with AS had higher top end dps potential, you would need a lot of things to go right for things to work out.
    That's where the blood elf arcane torrent passive shines

A hunter who doesn't even play anymore trying to claim he knows the best opener that NOBODY is doing is beyond hilarious.
    Dude, Azortharion's posts aside, your opener is nonsensical. If you're okay with doing a lackluster opener - that's your prerogative. I'm telling you right now though, I've tested your opener, I've tested my own, and I've test Azortharion's suggestions as well. Of the 3 your suggestion is the least consistent. If you're fine being an average pleb ranking in the 50th percentile - go for it man. However, some of us are interested in pushing the class to the limit of it's ability and have the capacity to think this shit out. If you don't trust the dude, that's fine - go start your own fucking hunter guide and we'll slowly watch as the people in your camp consistently get beaten by smarter, better players.