Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I just wrote this and accidentally deleted it, RIP. I wrote something on top of the math but fuck that atm.

Here's your opener in a best case scenario:

Pre-cast Aimed Shot - it crits, 90 focus, ToTH also procs
    Chim Shot - 55 focus
    Glaive Toss - 40 focus
    Crows - 10 focus

With BL + RF up (let's just say we popped RF at Chim Shot to help your case), average passive focus regen per second is about 7, so you've generated 21 focus since you first cast Aimed Shot, putting us back to 31 focus. Except this is with 658 preraid BiS gear and a realistic preraid set won't, but sure, let's help your case.

Aimed Shot, cast done, we're left at 21 focus and with 2 Aimed Shots in the space of ~4.45 seconds (during BL + RF, that's roughly the AiS cast time. That's ofc with immense preraid gear). You are now forced to Steady Shot.

Now let's try mine;

Pre-cast Glaive Toss - 105 focus, ToTH procs
    Chim Shot - 70 focus
    Crows - 40 focus
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're still at 30 focus letting us double-Aimed back-to-back.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 20 focus.

Except now about 5 seconds has passed (Chim Shot 1, Crows 1, 2x Aimed Shot = 1.45s*2 = ~3s) and we've generated back about 35 focus on top of the 20 leaving us at 55 focus. Hey, guess what, we can continue:

Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20 - we're at 45 focus. ToTH re-procs.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 35 focus.
    Chimaera Shot - 0 focus left. Forced to Steady Shot now.
    But what if we just ignore that Chim Shot? o.o
    Let's try.

Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 25 focus
    *Except now the cast time of 3 Aimed Shots has passed, that's ~1.45s times 3 which is roooughly 4.5 seconds, meaning we've generated 7 * 4 + 3.5 focus, but let's round down to 3, so 31 focus on top of the 25 focus we've got.. Jesus, we can keep going from 56 focus. 9.5 seconds have passed, so Rapid Fire is running out soon.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 46 focus. ToTH reprocs, damn this is a good opener. 11 seconds in.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 36 focus. 12.5 seconds in.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 26 focus. 14 seconds in.
    *Another 4.5 seconds have passed, so we've generated roughly 31 focus again, on top of the 26.

I'm really sick of writing Aimed Shot now, but I think I've made my point. With perfect RNG, you're basically able to indefinitely cast Aimed Shots, because in the space of an Aimed Shot cast (~1.5 seconds), and with an FPS of 7, you're generating just about and exactly 10 focus during an Aimed Shot cast, which is also its effective cost. The problem is that it does cost 30 focus to start the cast regardless, but you can still go very, very far if you didn't have to Chim Shot.

I'd put both our methods up in a "worst-case scenario" as well, but the winner is pretty obvious there. Can do on request.

This is what not dumping 50 focus on a weak pre-cast Aimed does for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    In the event that you are using barrage, what would the optimal opener be?

Previously I'd suggested

PrePot
    MoC
    Trinket+CS
    RF+AS

CS>AS>Steady Shot -> 80%

80% and on
    CS>KS>Barrage>Steady Shot (Use MoC/Rapid Fire on CD)
    I'd change it to:
    PrePot
    Trinket+CS
    RF+Mo
    AS

Since MoC benefits from RF and that way you'll get an extra second of trinkets during MoC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I just wrote this and accidentally deleted it, RIP. I wrote something on top of the math but fuck that atm.

Here's your opener in a best case scenario:

Pre-cast Aimed Shot - it crits, 90 focus, ToTH also procs
    Chim Shot - 55 focus
    Glaive Toss - 40 focus
    Crows - 10 focus

With BL + RF up (let's just say we popped RF at Chim Shot to help your case), average passive focus regen per second is about 7, so you've generated 21 focus since you first cast Aimed Shot, putting us back to 31 focus. Except this is with 658 preraid BiS gear and a realistic preraid set won't, but sure, let's help your case.

Aimed Shot, cast done, we're left at 21 focus and with 2 Aimed Shots in the space of ~4.45 seconds (during BL + RF, that's roughly the AiS cast time. That's ofc with immense preraid gear). You are now forced to Steady Shot.

Now let's try mine;

Pre-cast Glaive Toss - 105 focus, ToTH procs
    Chim Shot - 70 focus
    Crows - 40 focus
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're still at 30 focus letting us double-Aimed back-to-back.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 20 focus.

Except now about 5 seconds has passed (Chim Shot 1, Crows 1, 2x Aimed Shot = 1.45s*2 = ~3s) and we've generated back about 35 focus on top of the 20 leaving us at 55 focus. Hey, guess what, we can continue:

Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20 - we're at 45 focus. ToTH re-procs.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 35 focus.
    Chimaera Shot - 0 focus left. Forced to Steady Shot now.
    But what if we just ignore that Chim Shot? o.o
    Let's try.

Aimed Shot - 30 focus, it returns 20, we're at 25 focus
    *Except now the cast time of 3 Aimed Shots has passed, that's ~1.45s times 3 which is roooughly 4.5 seconds, meaning we've generated 7 * 4 + 3.5 focus, but let's round down to 3, so 31 focus on top of the 25 focus we've got.. Jesus, we can keep going from 56 focus. 9.5 seconds have passed, so Rapid Fire is running out soon.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 46 focus. ToTH reprocs, damn this is a good opener. 11 seconds in.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 36 focus. 12.5 seconds in.
    Aimed Shot - 30 focus, returns 20, 26 focus. 14 seconds in.
    *Another 4.5 seconds have passed, so we've generated roughly 31 focus again, on top of the 26.

I'm really sick of writing Aimed Shot now, but I think I've made my point. With perfect RNG, you're basically able to indefinitely cast Aimed Shots, because in the space of an Aimed Shot cast (~1.5 seconds), and with an FPS of 7, you're generating just about and exactly 10 focus during an Aimed Shot cast, which is also its effective cost. The problem is that it does cost 30 focus to start the cast regardless, but you can still go very, very far if you didn't have to Chim Shot.

I'd put both our methods up in a "worst-case scenario" as well, but the winner is pretty obvious there. Can do on request.

This is what not dumping 50 focus on a weak pre-cast Aimed does for you.
    I see no arcane torrent to get off the aimed shot after crows

Quote Originally Posted by Hachrokio View Post
    I see no arcane torrent to get off the aimed shot after crows
    Because most hunters aren't blood elves, and adding 15 focus would have the exact same outcome for both of us, so mine still wins.

Sorry, you tried hard.

Deleted
    Don't worry if I don't forget about these forums i'll make sure to give you some logs once raids release

Haha looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    I'd change it to:
    PrePot
    Trinket+CS
    RF+Mo
    AS

Since MoC benefits from RF and that way you'll get an extra second of trinkets during MoC.
    I may have misunderstood something I read previously, but I thought MoC didn't benefit from other effects, is that not the case or are there only certain stats that don't benefit?

I informed her that AMOC scales with Haste still (or at least safe to assume that it does), looks like it doesn't, though, so might aswell RF with Aimed.

Nah, that's okay, I think I'll just open with Aimed Shot XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hachrokio View Post
    Precast aimed shot takes you from 120 to 90 (if crit which most likely always is in careful aim phase)
    Chimera shot takes you to 60
    Crows takes you to 30
    Rapid fire
    If ToTH procs (most likely will) aimed shot
    If ToTH doesn't proc cast arcane torrent and you'll have focus to cast an aimed

You're forgetting that the focus spent on glaive toss will start regenning at a rate of about 6 per second before combat even starts. Likewise, the same goes for your other abilities - casting chim restores 6 (1sec GBC), casting aimed restores 12 (2 sec cast), crows restores 6 and so forth. Thus you're left with:

Precast glaive: 120 -> 105 +6.
    Start aimed: 111 -> 61+12+20(crit).
    Chim: 93 -> 68 +6.
    Crows: 74->44 +6.
    Aimed: 50->0.

Doesn't even matter if you precast glaive, or proc ToTH - you'll still get all the shots off and be able to fire the second aimed.