Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is an interesting post that to me is like...a watershed?

I hit 100 after 10 days, I am lv 100 and I am not even close to joining heroics...and not even close to joining MC. You have cleared the thing in all 3 roles. I cannot even begin to imagine the time you have at your hands and what Blizzard thinks their target audience is these days. I work an 8 hrs day in a relationship. I cannot even imagine to be where you are in this short amount of time.

Honestly...this is the first time that I feel Blizzard is about to lose me.
    What an oddly judgmental post.

Are we to take away from this that just because you are slow leveller/player somehow the rest of us (who apparently have superhuman time management skills) aren't working 40 hour weeks/in relationships?

Honestly your speed =/= everyone elses speed. Some people have free weekends, understanding partners and different levelling priorities. Getting on your high horse about how you choose to spend your time and whether you "have a life" comparatively isn't really adding anything productive to the discussion.

I cleared it on my "first" run (actual first got reset randomly after second boss).
    Most wipes were on trash and Baron Geddon. We 1shot the other bosses.

Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that they tweeted that there's no weekly loot lockout to get people to run it more often. Honestly, I really want the pet, but I doubt I could take the place more than once a week. It's way too long and way too unrewarding. If they really want people to keep running it, maybe they should work on that instead of trying to dangle a miniscule carrot in front of our noses thinking we're going to bite.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know that once Highmaul drops, MC starts getting some ilvl 640 loot in it? I remember a datamine showing that some loot was given to that place, but it was ilvl 640 a the time... so yeah...

Here is how my 10th anniversary went.

Login and get achievement and pet corgi
    Do MC LFR raid for 3 hours wiping on trash and numerous trolls but finally get to rag and get helm and pet. No enchant
    Do South shore vs Tarren Mill (was players being horde 40 vs alliance 29 for about 5 mins) and win getting achievement and title

Sounds pretty fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I agree it is stupid to the degree that MC planned as a "fun anniversary event" taking 40 strangers into account shouldn't have a 615 req ilv and should be a face roll max 2 hrs event.

It is OK as it is now IF the event stays until middle of next year
    The content is faceroll.

People just dont have a clue what they are doing. They are treating as it was MoP chain pulling the whole instance.

MC isn't hard. Do the mechanics instead of facerolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core is a total joke. Blizzard knows how horribly inept the LFR crowd is and yet they release this content that people are spending 3 hours to clear, if Rag doesn't bug out and kick everyone from the raid. Then they have the audacity to put rare drop items on the final boss to bait people. Like I'd be interested in that. No thanks. Got my mount and helm once, fuck that shitty raid and Blizzard's total lack of foresight.
    Look! Words!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz trolled everyone - this is exactly how it was back then, hours upon hours of trash and for most people, no loot (read: wrong class items = shards and ~3 drops per boss for 40 people).
    I'm sure all those who wanted Vanilla back got a nice amount of flashback to see why we don't miss that game anymore.
    Sure the community on a server was much better than what it is today, due to no paid transfers etc, but the broken classes/skills/raids/instances etc? Hell no.
    I personally enjoyed BWL a lot, it was miles ahead of MC in terms of trash density and boss mechanics but that's about it.

Many 5-mans back then was also a total disaster... BRD... some random DC after 2 hours of trash and you'd most likely have to abandon. They took just as long as the raids in comparison.

Blizzard gave everyone who screams for wanting vanilla back a big fat "here ya go... enjoy!". I think it'll be a while before we see such requests again.
    Ran MC 100 once, with a bunch of mouthbreathers and the usual pack of cocky assholes who still had no clue about how to pull despite claiming otherwise.
    Never setting my feet in that place again... Pet/Enchant isn't worth it to go there again.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

I wonder if Blizzard realizes how douchey of a move it was to put a ridiculously rare drop on a one-time event.

They've never done it in the past, and for good reason; you get two months of attempts to try to get it and each attempt takes two or more hours. Even if you spent your entire online time in Molten Core, there's a solid chance you will never obtain it.

I don't much care about the random people obtaining it but fucking really Blizzard, hotfix buff the droprate. It's really cruel and pointless to have this item be this rare.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkypinky View Post
    point is that this instance is so hard
    No it's not hard at all, it's the players that are simply bad.
    Mechanics are really simple and they even nerfed aggro radius and dmg from certain AOE effects.

Deleted
    Finnaly after 18 runs I HAVE FLAMES OF RAGNAROS 18 runs with 40 people - this item got only 22 lucky people )))

Jesus this raid is cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Blizz trolled everyone - this is exactly how it was back then, hours upon hours of trash and for most people, no loot (read: wrong class items = shards and ~3 drops per boss for 40 people).
    I'm sure all those who wanted Vanilla back got a nice amount of flashback to see why we don't miss that game anymore.
    Sure the community on a server was much better than what it is today, due to no paid transfers etc, but the broken classes/skills/raids/instances etc? Hell no.
    I personally enjoyed BWL a lot, it was miles ahead of MC in terms of trash density and boss mechanics but that's about it.

Many 5-mans back then was also a total disaster... BRD... some random DC after 2 hours of trash and you'd most likely have to abandon. They took just as long as the raids in comparison.

Blizzard gave everyone who screams for wanting vanilla back a big fat "here ya go... enjoy!". I think it'll be a while before we see such requests again.
    Ran MC 100 once, with a bunch of mouthbreathers and the usual pack of cocky assholes who still had no clue about how to pull despite claiming otherwise.
    Never setting my feet in that place again... Pet/Enchant isn't worth it to go there again.
    The bolded part is a lie. After clearing the instance for a good 13 times we started averaging a clearing speed of 65ish minutes.

Deleted
    should add a stacking buff for each time we clear it that gives a higher % chance to get it...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    The bolded part is a lie. After clearing the instance for a good 13 times we started averaging a clearing speed of 65ish minutes.
    Considering that there's what, at least 20 minutes of just walking downthere, not including any mobs, i find this a bit too short of a timeframe.
    Those netting times of MC clears that were just shy of 1 hour had full T2.5 gear and split into two seperate groups of 20 people, each moving towards a different boss to save time.

After 13 clears (assuming all in 'level appropriate non-epic gear') you'd have about 8 pieces of loot per player if everything was the correct item and slot for each individual player, which is extremely unlikely. Most got either druid or lock gear in abundance and lacked pretty much everything else.

I'm sorry but clear times of 65 minutes in MC back then wasn't possible unless you severely overgeared the place to begin with. Which you wouldn't after 13 clears unless you just went to MC after AQ40 and BWL was cleared for the week...
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I think the most annoying thing is the dispels. They could make it like Sinestra now days where I think it doesn't cause it to have a cooldown. So annoying de-curseing 40 people.
    As a mage from mop i've never given a fu*k at dispelling curses plus i don't use grid or other healer stuff so getting there and havig to decurse 40 ppl with a 8(?) second-cd skill i barely have on my bars was terrible...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. It doesn’t take anything into account like effort, and it shouldn’t. It’s a random drop, not a reward. It’s not like there is a raid lockout, and as you are a tank the already fast queues are instant for you I’m sure. It’s been open for what, 3 days? You have until JANUARY to get it. Get over it in short

My personal frustration with this is that it is a 1 time event, not annual, one time. To the people complaining about RNG on pant drops, you can farm this to your hearts content for years to come if you really want them, this is not the case with the enchant.

My personal fix to this would be to implement somthing like the bad luck protection, say the increased chance of getting the enchant / pet goes up 1% for each time you kill rag. Say it starts as a base 1%, that would mean a maximum of 100 kill to guarentee you a drop of the enchant. I personally feel running MC this much should reward you with the enchant transmog you are trying to get.

They should just add the pet/enchant to all bosses. Makes it not so pointless to farm for it.

As for me, did it once... dreading to do it on my second raid alt who's almost 100... don't see the incentive to do it again.