Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Fury and Arms lacking of DPS this big?

Hey guys!

I love Fury and allways played this spec since WoTLK until now. Sadly, i have a hard time understanding how it become this bad in WoD. I know Gladiator is top DPS right now, but the difference between the 3 specs is really this bad:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings

There is any chance Fury or Arms (specially Fury) can perform any good in a Raid enviorenment rigth now?

I have all heroic gear right now and standing on 632 iLVL, if that helps in any way.

Thanx for the help in advance.

1. Noxxic is terrible
    2. Low item level
    3. Noxxic is terrible
    4. Those sims aren't even accurate, refer to 1+3.

Deleted
    I was wondering the same, i understand that noxxic is not to be trusted but then what's the current situation and how should one be spec'd for Highmaul?

10+ Year Old Account
    also remember that not every fight is going to be a patchwerk fight, which is what these simulations are ran on

Quote Originally Posted by papare33 View Post
    And that is exactly why i am concerned about because Arms and Fury seems to be useless specs even on 695 ilvl gear.

This means Gladiator is the only viable and decent DPS spec for the next 8 months? I men: WOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    And that is exactly why i am concerned about because Arms and Fury seems to be useless specs even on 695 ilvl gear.

This means Gladiator is the only viable and decent DPS spec for the next 8 months? I men: WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    also remember that not every fight is going to be a patchwerk fight, which is what these simulations are ran on
    just sayin

it was right there, right above your post before it was even made

I'm only lvl 96 arms spec now but i can't wait to try gladiator out! Just go watch 300 again and you will be psyched to top dps by smashing people in the face with your shield

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    I'm only lvl 96 arms spec now but i can't wait to try gladiator out! Just go watch 300 again and you will be psyched to top dps by smashing people in the face with your shield
    Unfortunately gladiator feels nothing like that. The spec of overhyped and the gameplay it has is very boring. As all warrior specs now tbh. Dunno what blizz are thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Unfortunately gladiator feels nothing like that. The spec of overhyped and the gameplay it has is very boring. As all warrior specs now tbh. Dunno what blizz are thinking.
    Glad gameplay is more engaging than the other 2 for me...
    I mean, Arms and Fury are braindead.

Noooooo say it ain't so!!!

Arms is horrifically boring. Fury at the start of the xpac is awful dps wise. But I suspect this won't be just a start thing, they need to revert a couple of the nerfs or fury will lag behind in this whole raid tier. Glad on the other hand is very good. It's not overhyped at all. It has pretty much the best single target, the AoE is decent and brainless because you can instantly spread deep wounds to everything (and deep wounds still hits hard), and the cleave is also pretty good.

In general, all these level 90 hotfixes really screwed warlocks, fire mages, and fury. They just reversed the top and the bottom of the totem pole and most could be reverted for better balance at 100. They might've been necessary at 90, but they clearly aren't anymore.

More like 2-3 months. In 6.1 I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't at least buff Arms and Fury. Though I'm really hoping Arms gets a playstyle change as well, and maybe Fury, too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I leveled from 90 - 100, I felt my Fury spec getting weaker and weaker. I was almost constantly rage starved, and hardly ever Enraged. This became even more noticeable in the first few max level dungeons that I tried. I was trailing way behind the other members of the group, not so much on trash packs, but definitely on the bosses.

Very disheartening, but I assumed it was just due to my abysmally low Crit rating.

I'm interested to read about this new "Gladiator spec" though. I hadn't really followed any of the development coverage of WOD, so this is news to me! I''m going to try and find some guides, and give it a whirl tonight.

What is most disheartening to me is that even though when you look at the Mythic simcraft list, the lowest Warrior DPS spec is still higher than most of the other specs and is like....1-8k DPS lower than the ones above it from smallest to greatest disparity and you are worried enough to say that Arms and Fury are "useless." Plus, the disparity that's 5-8k is only from the lowest (Arms) to the top 3-5 specs; you will never always be the strongest and you don't need to be. That you think Gladiator is the only "viable" warrior spec because it's near the top and Arms/Fury are closer to the lower-middle, means you've got a problem. Do you think every single non-top .01% guild that's doing mythic is just going to fire all of their dps shaman, all of their warlocks and refuse to allow ANY shadow priest because of this? I doubt it, again, unless it's seriously one of the 4-6 absolute best/fastest/most-playing guilds in the world - if you couldn't do mythic in a reasonable time with those classes/specs then we'd have a problem but time and again, that just hasn't proven true, once we got out of Vanilla anyway - well, at least until Mu'ru.

So sure, maybe you just have this odd desire to be top of the stupid meter, but it's just idiotic to say that Arms and Fury aren't "viable" because Gladiator is 4-6k dps stronger according to simcraft's Patchwerk results.

There. Will. Always. Be. Outlying. Specs.
    Period.

Which specs are the outliers that are 10% better than everyone else is usually different, though the ones that dominate the end of expansions tend to be the same (dual-wielding specs, any that use a class/role legendary, classes that scale really well with a stat you don't get in great, overpowering abundance until end-of-expansion gear like crit)

Seriously - look at the distribution from the lowest DPS spec (Fire I think) to the highest (Windwalker) - the gap is 15k dps - still scary, but at least you know it's mostly because crit-reliant specs tend to be meh in the first tier and the tables turn in the last one. But more importantly, the distribution is pretty good, it's under 1k difference from spec-to-spec for quite a few of them, then once you get near the top 6-7 it gets bigger as you go up to the next highest spec - you never see most skilled mythic guilds just stack the balls out of whatever's at the top and I have YET to fail to clear any given tier on heroic/mythic in a given expansion and never have we stacked only top 3 dps specs or some nonsense to get kills - and the great majority of reasonably-paced mythic guilds don't do that either - maybe the Methods and Midwinters and Blood Legions of the world (well those three and maybe the other 10 who compete at that level) do, but unless you're in one of those guilds you really have no reason to get so fucking "the sky is falling" because of the simcraft results. For a Patchwerk fight. Sheesh.

Also, I'm not sure why, but the prevailing opinion (which I wish someone would explain to me so I can stop wondering) is that Noxxic tends to "get it wrong" as to specs and their relative rankings.

Sorry for the hostility but you seem like you're torpedoing your own chance to just enjoy the game (while progressing) by over-worrying about a disparity between the specs.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2014-11-23 at 10:02 PM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Glad gameplay is more engaging than the other 2 for me...
    I mean, Arms and Fury are braindead.
    not going to argue arms/fury are easy...but spamming an off the GCD ability doesn't make something more engaging imo. Fury/Arms will be buffed and glad will be brought down - get ready.

Are you looking at the actual simulated dps numbers on the simcraft list or are you just looking at the rankings? Outside of the top 5 specs (one of which is available to warriors) the majority of dps classes/specs are within 5% of each other. The only classes that are really struggling in sims are shamans and locks.

Judging from the posts in this thread your personal skill will have a much bigger impact on your dps than class balance will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Judging from the posts in this thread your personal skill will have a much bigger impact on your dps than class balance will.
    Hey dude, i see you are arms. How good is performing? You like it?

Totally disagree. Gladiator is actually fun, and head and shoulders above both Arms and Fury. Arms is just no excuse terrible, and Fury seems to be broken right now.