Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    snip
    Although I agree to a part with your post that there will always be a disparity between specs and classes, there always will be, I'd make the distinction that if you are trying to progress at a decent rate in your raid group as a dps warrior, I don't see why you would gimp yourself and your raid group by doing 6k (to re-use the numbers you used) less than what you possibly could be doing, simply by switching to a more optimal spec.

Saying that fury/arms aren't viable might be a stretch but they are certainly less desirable if you can do substantially more dps with a different spec within the same class and I would be very surprised if people in some guilds (depending on progress level) aren't asked to go gladiator on fights simply because of that reason, it's only logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish any warlock spec was as good as fury, never mind the other two

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Noooooo say it ain't so!!!
    It ain't so. It's not boring, nor does it feel real 300. The charge on shield charge should be 5 feet more and shield slam should hit for way, way more. Then it would look like 300. It's the most fun I've had as DPS warrior though. Actually got 2 prot specs now. One purely DPS Gladiator, one tank (with gladiator)

Deleted
    Arms is ok in a dungeon as long as you have multiple targets but the single target DPS is a Joke and awful to play. No rage generation.

Why the heck did they take the rage regen from shouts and rage even. My DPS as Arms on a single target fight is inexcusable.

Fury is hardly any better, hard to keep Enrage up, horrid Rage gen...

Gladiator is ok and does respectable dps however still not even worth the drawback of being a melee.

Gladiator can stay as it is but Arms and Fury need to be fixed asap. Arms is supposed to be hard hitting but it does not hit particularly hard at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nourken View Post
    It ain't so. It's not boring, nor does it feel real 300. The charge on shield charge should be 5 feet more and shield slam should hit for way, way more. Then it would look like 300. It's the most fun I've had as DPS warrior though. Actually got 2 prot specs now. One purely DPS Gladiator, one tank (with gladiator)
    Why?

I don't see the point, the only difference in my tank and dps build is usually Shock Wave vs Dragon Roar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Why?

I don't see the point, the only difference in my tank and dps build is usually Shock Wave vs Dragon Roar.
    Mostly because of glyphs and I've taken mass reflect over vigilance next to DR over SW.

Deleted
    Play a shaman, then come back to me

Gladiator is fun to play because it's not reliant on RNG. The RNG works as a bonus, like when you get 3 Sword and Board procs inside a single Shield Charge. But if you don't get it, the rotation still has flow and rhythm. There is synergy between the abilities. And you actually do have to play properly or you suffer(e.g. using Heroic Strike too much outside of SC causing you to miss a SC and lose DPS).

Deleted
    Arms wise i seem to be ahead. Or atleast high in the meters. Tested from. Heroics, Cms, Mc runs with guild, And dpssing on rares in ashran with 40 other people.
    Slightly below the high single target specs. Far ahead in aoe and cleave.
    I seem to pick mastery over crit tho. Even when all simcrafts tell me to spec crit cause it is better for aoe.

Best advice is to play the spec you like rather then going for something that is slightly ahead.

So Fury has always been very crit dependant and Arms only recently as of Draenor which got me thinking since there were multiple raid tiers having it so the first you were unable to play fury wasn't so bad BUT now for draenor there will only be 2 raid tiers, Does this mean arms and fury are only viable for half an expansion worth of content?

I believe specs being dependant on a single stat is an old concept and should be done away with but for now I'd settle for some sort of mechanic that had a chance to grant a minor benefit should you not crit to make Arms and Fury flow a little smoother for now or some sort of crit scaling fix.

If it was my choice I'd fix this issue by giving Fury a +60% crit bonus on Bloodthirst, the problem with Fury is not the ultimate dps but the way it feels to play. The fact that it's always been this way does not stop it from sucking.. "My car doesn't work in the winter, but it's ok because it's always been like that". Fury gets by right now with decent burst on AOE but then it falls completely flat on it's ass and crit is so low that the spec literally feels like it just doesn't work.

Fury could use a little buff on single target, I'd say reverting the level 90 nerfs that went in because the spec was strong at 90. There was no need for those nerfs as the spec was well balanced (but competitive) at 100. Better than reverting those nerfs tho would be to increase the crit on Bloodthirst to make the spec feel better to play rather than a change that would simply adjust numbers.

As for Shamans, seen plenty of Enhance shamans blowing up the meters on AOE and pulling 20k dps+ single target on heroic dungeon bosses. Might be rough for Ele but Enhance seems great from my in-game observations.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    enhance seems to be the strongest aoe spec in the game

not that impressive single target

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    i have a hard time understanding how it become this bad in WoD.
    Well I'd wait for results from actual raids. I can't see arms or fury being top performing specs overall with the mediocre simcraft results and those little other drawbacks but I'd guess they'll still end up in the middle of the pack.

I'm not liking my fury warrior at the moment. I hope for buffs soon.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sticking with Arms in pve and pvp, even though it does need some love. I have a glad stance spec, but I really don't find that much enjoyment in it even though I do agree it feels more fluid than the other specs.

Why are people complaning about Fury? Hasn't Fury always been bad in early expansions and lower ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Why are people complaning about Fury? Hasn't Fury always been bad in early expansions and lower ilvl?
    Not really, it has always been competitive at the start of expansions, WOTLK especially (though we had 40% crit in the first tier). It has often felt horrible to play, that's no excuse for it to stay that way. It's ok guys, it plays like shit but it's ok because in 15 months it will feel fantastic. In MOP we were telling people to avoid Fury until they had pretty much full SOO Normal gear (or Heroic as it's called now)... Not really the way you want it to be is it?

Fury is ok enough in full raiding mythic gear to not be an emergency case, but it's pretty damn horrific in low end gear and a buff would not make it overpowered in high end gear.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Its a sim, sims aint 100% accuract, you should make your own tests if you want to be sure of the reesult