Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoD Brawler's Guild

How are you guys faring in the new Brawler's Guild?

I've spent the past few hours here today (hurray for 15 person queues), and one shot everything up to Meatball.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do enough damage to him. He enrages 60s in, and in this time I can collect about 30-40 orbs, but I'm using all my defensive CD's just to survive, so when it comes down to wanting to actually DPS, I just get crushed. Pets get raped too.

I've tried all 3 specs and no luck. Anyone faring better than I am, I've never been much good at this soloing business.

I did it as Destruction with GoSup/Demonic Servitude. The first 10-20 seconds of the fight or so, i just ran around taking up orbs and keeping immolate/rain of fire on him for ember generation. After that i kept positioning myself close to orbs, casting some Chaos Bolts and then picking up orbs to heal up the dmg he did. Sure he hits hard, but one or two orbs heals you for that dmg, making it so you can get some casts off between orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Meatball as destruction. Main talents I had were Shadowfury, Dark Bargain but forget if I had Charred Remains or Cataclysm. I suppose Grimoire of Service could make things even better, I just rarely take this outside of pvp or demo.

Every time Meatball gets hit he drops a purple orb that we have to collect. I had the following hitting Meatball:
    - Imp
    - Doomguard
    - Rain of Fire
    - Conflag
    - Chaos Bolt (If I was nearing 4 embers)

Besides that I ran around collecting orbs for 40-50 seconds before nuking him.With Grimoire of Service you could have 3 pets hitting him to help get more orbs. Dark Bargain wasn't used but I had it ready just in case he enraged.

Deleted
    Shouldn't need defensive CD's to survive, just grab orbs and they heal or something don't they?

I ran around rain of firing for a load of time, then nuked him down as destro.
    Worth noting mortal coil works on him, so you can use that once you have enough stacks and begin your nuke to buy some time.

I did it with serv / no defensive CD's (passive glyphed etc)

Hardest part is learning where the time is you need to stop and nuke and how greedy you can be with orbs. I wiped once because I got too greedy and didn't have time to nuke him down before the enrage.

Deleted
    Well the very next pull I did it, I didn't realise attacks spawned the orbs. Once I got that down I just ran around, kept up Haunting Spirits and kept collecting orbs to heal.

Copy Pasta:

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It's a challenge for the brain not for the ilvl. Of course you will out gear it at some point but where's the fun.

Go Demo. Imp Swarm Glyph. Dark Bargain. Dark Apo. Shadowfury.
    He Enrages after 1 minute. Use a timer.

Put pet on passive, start attacking and instantly pop Imp Swarm, he will spawn more balls on the ground. Pop Unending Resolve.
    25 seconds into the fight, pop the first DS. Put Wraithguard on active. Pop Terrorguard.
    35 seconds into the fight pop your potion.
    45 seconds into the fight pop the second DS.
    50 seconds into the fight go Meta and start burning him down while picking up powerups.
    ~58 seconds into the fight use pet stun.
    Use Dark Bargain with like 1 - 0.5 seconds left.

Frustrated me a bit but after 3 tries I had timers down. Went down on the 4th try at 619 ilvl. Got lucking in a HC and CM after and went to 631 ilvl so it would have been a joke with the ilvl and knowledge.

I ran around till 20 orbs then started nuking him down, sidestepping for more as I needed health. Didn't even get to see him enraging. Destro Sup/Serv 626ilvl at the time.

Meatballs enrage is not on a timer. He enrages when you get to 50 stacks. To counter this I got to 40 and dpsed him while grabbing a few more to heal me through his damage.

I'm stuck at Nibbleh, any advice on that? I manage to get him to 50% but that's it.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    I'm stuck at Nibbleh, any advice on that? I manage to get him to 50% but that's it.
    Get more ILVL, should be easy with +620. Destro was in my opinion better than demo, use DS+DG, but have it on passive first 10seconds so he doesnt take aggro. Just make him run from corner to corner, always run like 20 yards away from him, so you can cast spell or two. Immolate up > Chaosbolt > Incinerate should be your spell priority when you stop to cast, otherwise use conflagrate and RoF when moving. Always keep your distance so he doesn't stop.

Deleted
    What, rain of fire isn't good enough for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know why I lose the damage buff towards the end? I still have stacks but my incinerates go from hitting 150k to 6k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went demo for that, with supremacy felguard.

Just walked in spiral till i ran out of place and used only instant cast abilities, didn't stop at all. On pull I nuked that a bit just to hold the aggro off the pet, after 5 or 10 secs later I started to attack with pet.

Think i had around 625 ilvl when I did it.

Anyone killed Yikkan Izu aka raven boss, the last rank 6 boss? I am finding this boss incredibly frustrating due to how hard he hits and getting overwhelmed by ravens. Have tried multiple setups in both destro and demo

Quote Originally Posted by Swoloyolo View Post
    Anyone killed Yikkan Izu aka raven boss, the last rank 6 boss? I am finding this boss incredibly frustrating due to how hard he hits and getting overwhelmed by ravens. Have tried multiple setups in both destro and demo
    I'm waiting for them to fix it.
    On beta you could and should kill 4 ravens and be ok, now he enrages if you kill four. Last season you could and should kill 4 ravens, it's clearly a bug.

If anyone finds out if he's been fixed, reply here.

I ran affliction/demo till rank 5, aff is really powerful for burst since u can soulburn in advance before u enter the arena and wait for shards to regen. For the snake i used KJC and supremacy , and used SB Soul swap to reapply dots once or twice during the fight. Meatball as affliction is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    On beta you could and should kill 4 ravens and be ok, now he enrages if you kill four. Last season you could and should kill 4 ravens, it's clearly a bug.

Ahh, I assumed it was bugged because when i cleave the first set of ravens down, I have like 40 on top of me in 5 seconds. I tried kiting/burning him without killing the ravens and got him to 25%, but it was ridiculously difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoloyolo View Post
    This fight bugged out for me when i did it. It put me in the ring with someone else who was on Mazhareen and after we killed her while ignoring Yikkan the fight ended and i got credit. It was kind of lame so i need to buy a challange card and try again.

Updating this topic: Yikkan is still bugged as of now, but I beat him with 645 ilvl as afflic. Ignore the adds, have drums of fury, kings and voidwalker withsupremacy and SB:H and AD. If you can, go into the arena with a pre shard. Pre pot and destroy him, summon voidwalker when dead, shadowfury his shout and use doomguard ( I haven't used, but it does a LOT of dmg).

Posting this because the other 4 fights is very fun, specially GGEnginery! I get literally oneshoted by the bombs

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

Actually I remember him being buggy as hell last season too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.